Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [REQUEST THREAD] Let's write some stories! (open)

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:04:10 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Admittedly did not expect there to be a roleplaying section on here, lit.
ICARUS' RP REQUEST THREAD

Hey there, Icarus here looking to start some roleplays with other people here in the community. I fancy myself semi-literate at worse and don't typically write less than two paragraphs as a response. I'm LGBT+ friendly if you favour those sorts of themes but they're neither a necessity or a preference. ( Though I do solely write male characters, hah. )

I prefer genres like MYSTERY or URBAN FANTASY (or even MEDIEVAL FANTASY) and am not one who really likes to write slice of life. I like drama in my plots and watching the characters involve scramble to overcome the various obstacles thrown in their way. For me, Romance is the icing on the cake but not the main meal... If that makes any sense at all.

So, if you're interested at all in writing together, please speak up! I have plenty of ideas to offer once we have our genre ideas narrowed down and would love to hear (read) any ideas you have as well!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:11:12 )
I'm interested. I was thinking of doing a roleplay here since I got on and haven't made my thread yet. I'm open to most things honestly, so if there's anything you really want to do I'm down. I do write female characters a lot better than male though.

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:34:19 )
Mm, I have a couple ideas in mind I suppose? I guess it just depends on whether you prefer modern stuff or period-esque (medieval, victorian, roaring 20's, etc) stuff. And I suppose knowing whether you would want there to be a fantasy aspect or for it to be more ingrained in realism would help too.

And you're fine writing females! There's absolutely no issue there at all, I assure you.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:36:40 )
@icarus: I'm used to writing modern stuff with no fantasy BUT I'm up for anything. I could use something out of my comfort zone, so let's throw some fantasy in there.

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:49:11 )
Right-y-oh! Modern Fantasy it is. Good lord, I have so many ideas for this darned genre that I could make a book of nothing but concepts, I swear. Anywho! With Modern Fantasy we can go anywhere as simple as a human happening across a city district meant for the supernatural and their adventures within to something as drastic as surviving in a town hellbent on a witch hunt.

We have hunters at our disposal, feuds between species (vampires and werewolves, for example), schools for the supernatural, long old prophecies coming through centuries later than the ancestors anticipated, etc. etc. There's a lot, really!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:52:35 )
@icarus: there are so many to choose from. You do have a lot of ideas haha. Is there one that you really want to do over the others? I think that a school for supernaturals could be interesting, hunters would be fun.

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:02:33 )
@Queen of Trash: Well, it does help to come prepared! Or, over prepared I suppose-

A school sounds fun! We can combine the school for supernaturals with the hunter idea. Say... The school was started to hide supernatural students away and teach them to use their abilities safely to avoid detection by the various hunter groups living within society. Got a reason for the school and potential antagonists should we go that route. Woop!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:04:49 )
@icarus: Sounds fun! What will our characters be? Students at the school?

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:11:54 )
@Queen of Trash: I think having them be students could be fun!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:13:47 )
@icarus: sounds great to me. Want to start the thread and get us started? <3

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:15:58 )
@Queen of Trash: Can do! Just give me one second to finish inhaling this bag of pretzels and I'll have it posted!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:16:16 )
@icarus: take your time, just let me know when it's up. <3

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:15:36 )
@Queen of Trash: Did the thing finally! Sorry it took so long, I ended up making dinner.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:17:29 )
@icarus: no worries! I'll reply soon. <3
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:19:51 )
@Queen of Trash: Take your time! There's no rush. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.