Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk So, This weekend was great until...[Family Grief inside]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 11:49:18 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

So, Friday was Great at work. A bit of a clusterFk. But still great, we said goodbye to an intern we had and had a staff lunch at a great restaurant.We had a stressful time trying to schedule people for the weekend at a 24h care client's house. The hospital shifts were filled, and mentioned to the after hours staff that certain people were available if anyone called off.
Was scheduled to have fish & chips with my grandparents and we did, then it went Fking downhill from there.
So, long story short, my special needs brother whom is a year younger than I has been in the hospital since April 7th with Pnemonia. He has had a few scares due to breathing and lack there of a few times, but is now in the IMCU floor and stuff. We were all hoping he would bounce back but Friday my grandparents got word that he would probably not be strong enough to make it and that he is slowly dying.
So they gotta go make funeral arrangements etc. And we don't know when it'll happen as of yet but there was a Fkton of grief over the weekend. My Uncles' first wedding Anniversary was on Saturday though and everyone was too sad to really celebrate D:
And my stupid youngest brother decided now was a good time to propose to his gf. They are frikken 19. Like to me that's not a good time. They may have done that to try to better the situation but it didn't really work? He's had the ring for I guess a while though but yeah it seems like he's using that as a distraction but it failed to be one.

So how was everyone else's weekend?

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 12:48:47 )
I'm really sorry. How are you holding up?

I still have vivid memories of a sudden passing in our family, so if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.

Making a decision based on grief isn't a very good idea. I hope someone talks to your youngest brother about his decision to get engaged.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:49:52 )

@Harker: wow that's a lot happening at once. I'm sorry that your family is going through all of this. Make sure that you are taking time for your mental well being. Take a nice hot shower, listen to some of your favorite music (nothing sad though), and go for a walk.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:47:54 )
@Kira: Everyone thinks for one he is too young and immature. Cause 19 in this day and age is too young especially cause he is not mature, nor is his now fiancee.
@Totalanimefan: Cannot really do the latter when it's pouring down rain. But the melancholy of the rain is mood.

So, my nan told me as well that he is in a lot of pain and he's on oxygen and a feeding tube but they are moving him up to Palliative Care and going to lower his oxygen and feedings. D: Which also sucks for me cause I will have to take time off of work and tell them at work what is going on. Which will be hard without bawling. Cause with that lowering, idk if he will make it through the week.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 23:40:22 )

@Harker: Yeah that's a total mood. You could make a movie about your life right now.
It's ok to cry about this when speaking to work. I feel like it makes you human.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:03:28 )
@Totalanimefan: It's just too emotional for me though cause If I were to tell them I'd probably bawl all day and not get any work done. And I am the only scheduling Coordinator there right now. Cause I'm filling in for who is supposed to be there but is off.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:09:28 )

@Harker: This is true. Just make sure that you aren't bottling up your feelings! It's ok to feel however you might feel!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:09:44 )

@Harker: I know it's not much, but we will be here to support you <3

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:22:02 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL that's what happens to me though. I conceal, don;'t feel then explode over time. ;u;
though I may come home from work everyday this week and just let it all out in a gross sobbing cry.. not as bad as Friday but let it out some. the worst is gonna be funeral etc. May burst into flames upon entry to w.e church. Especially if it's the church we used to go to *the priest there is ughhhhhh, even nan didnt like him he;s a bigot and she has gay sons and yeah*

Yeah <3 online support is good too. I also let a couple close friends know and they will be my rock as well.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 04:05:09 )

@Harker: Crying everyday sounds like the way to go for me. It's actually one of the best ways to release stress.
Yeah you will need more than just online support but know that we will support you

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 04:37:50 )

@Harker: I'm sorry you're going through this. We're all here for you. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. We can talk about literally anything you want, or I can just send you cute animal pictures or something to cheer you up. <3

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 11:25:24 )
@Totalanimefan: Yep, I also have a bestie/Ex of mine whom will take the day off work whenever the funeral will be just to be there for me. If it all is too much we can bail out no matter what my fam says cause I get overwhelmed and I'd rather not have panic attacks in say a church or a hall for a wake...
@Lufi: TY ;u; Animals are cute babus. I also been binging sims challenges on youtube that also seems to take my mind away from it for a little while.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 18:21:53 )

@Harker: I’m glad you have that support. Update us when you can.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 03:50:10 )

@Harker: I love sims challenges! I like the one where you have to eat what your sim eats for 24 hours. It usually ends up being cake or pizza. :P

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 11:14:58 )
@Lufi: Or for the rare case that soms sims are, starve their human LOL cause they dont eat til like noon or supper or something
I like 100bby and i also like rags to rishes etc. and when the youtubers get to try the new packs and tells us their opinions.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 11:33:52 )

@Harker: Or when they make the ugliest Sim ever and keep having babies until they look cute.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 23:32:01 )
@Lufi: yup. my friend and i did that for each other LOL but we havent really tried hard to breed that out yet.

no word from family about the hospital goings on. but i cut my finger on a knidfe AGAIN

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 23:55:17 )

@Harker: Ouch. :c I hope your finger is okay.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/6 11:27:35 )
@Lufi: eeh looks like it's maybe bruising and not fully healing shut but not bleeding more. But super sore.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/6 11:38:13 )

@Harker: That sounds painful. :/
I cut my finger the other day too, but luckily it was just a little cut. It's already almost healed up.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.