Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Detective Pikachu

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 00:17:46 )

"

Any fans of the new Detective Pikachu??

Also, anyone spot the Easter Eggs!!! It was awesome."

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 00:23:44 )

It was really good! I wasn't expecting much, so it surprised me with how much I enjoyed it.

I noticed a few easter eggs, but I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 01:16:57 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I think it does. The story isn't amazing or anything, but it did a very good job of sticking to the Pokemon lore. I think one of the reasons it's good is because they created new characters to put into the world instead of using existing ones. I hate it when they use characters from games and then change everything about them.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 03:05:49 )

I haven’t seen it yet, but I have heard so many good reviews!
Very surprising ngl, thought it was going to flunk. I hope Sonic comes out with the same reviews.

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 08:12:00 )

I saw it last week and I thought it was great. I recommend people go and see it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Senpai Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 21:24:12 )
I took my 7 year old cousin to see it last week and we both loved it! She's never seen anything related to Pokemon before but now we've been binge watching the series together.

I loved being able to see what a live-action Pokemon universe would look like, the whole time I felt so nostalgic. At first I was so skeptical about it but I think any Pokemon fan will enjoy the movie.

Voltie — Nayu Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/18 17:15:08 )
I’m curious to see it, but might wait until it comes to DVD. If it’s still in theaters when we move, I might go anyway. The theater will be within walking distance.
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 20:04:45 )
I'm still a little uneasy by the rendering of Pokemon, as they all look kinda clumsy and chunky (even the more agile types). But that just might be the animation. The fluidity of the animation was lost on me.
But I do agree that it's the first decent video game to movie adaptation we've gotten.

Plus, it was such a nice palate cleanser from all the explosive, hyped up, high-stakes movies lately (lookin' at you, Avengers, John Wick, and Godzilla.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.