Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So today... I was in line at the store

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:09:02 )
And there were 3 boys in front of me with a man.
So, one boy was holding a lollipop and asked the man "Hey, would you buy this for me? It's only 69 cents"
And the guy was like "Sure"
And the two other boys were like

So the guy was like "Yeah, sure. You two pick something out for yourselves as well and I'll pay for it"
And the two boys were like

then one of them said
"YOU ARE THE BEST TEACHER EVER"

And the teacher laughed and was kinda flustered. And I was "awwww"
Then I just remembered kind of all the teachers I've had and I was like "aaaaawww"

So idk, do you guys have any great memories with any of your teachers?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 22:41:01 )

Yes my history teacher. A couple kids in my class where drawn to go to a World War II memorial and I was one of them. When we got back he allowed us to pick out a drink of the vending machine.
We also had a fire practice once (I'm not sure of the correct english word) and we had to go outside. It was great weather so after it ended our History teacher gave a classmate some money to buy icecream for the whole class.
Our history teacher collected suprise egg toys. One time he came to school and he had bought some boxes and told us we could eat all the chocolate.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 00:47:50 )
Wait so, why was there a teacher in a shop with two of his students.... Is this an american thing?
We only ever saw our teachers outside of school at like.. town maybe? And was always brief/awkward.

Just chillin'

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 01:41:27 )
@vengeance: omg the chocolate!
But he sounds so nice!

@robyn: idk. This was in Canada?
I'm not from here tho - I'm from the Philippines and I feel like it happened there too?
But yeah I think they were a school that went to the school nearby or something and before they left, they stopped by at that store. Idk if that made sense lol.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 11:31:29 )
X X X

When I went to the 7th grade (first grade being kindergarten and you go there when you’re 4), I changed schools. I had a few rough years before that, with my father dying, my mother almost dying and my brother going in and out of the hospital for nearly a year. I spend several weeks every time with my foster parents/my uncle and his wife, who weren’t all that nice.

I came in a new class and everyone knew each other, while I knew of some, but didn’t really know anyone.
Next to that, I was more mature than the others, was way taller, had different interests and felt as the odd one (I was).

The teacher I got saw me and recognised me as his mini me. He was socially awkward (like me), liked drawing and reading (next to being a teacher, he was also an artist) and recognised me for who I was.
When he needed help with the fax, he asked me. Computer not doing what it had to do? Me.
He also gave me extra lessons in art and offered books I might like (such as Matilda) from his own collection.

He was the best teacher I ever had.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 14:37:38 )
@Tuijp: oh wow that is amazing!
He sounds like an awesome teacher.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 14:43:30 )
X X X

@Ixora: he was the best for me
I have a friend and he also had him as a teacher. They did not go well together

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 18:28:56 )
@Tuijp: understandable.
I had a teacher in high school that everyone hated except for this one girl lol.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 18:36:23 )
X X X

@Ixora: most were fine with him, but when he disliked you, you were screwed

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 19:36:47 )
My fav High school teacher was a sister (not a Nun ...but a Nun hahaha) and since she's married to Jesus etc, she told us a story once of "Just because I cannot order off the menu doesn;t mean I can't read it" essentially, she was talking about checking out cute boys hahahah

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 23:25:12 )
@Tuijp: that's kind of awful tho?

@harker: that is hilarious!!! And very nice - I love it when people are relatable lol

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 23:55:29 )
@Ixora: She is retired now, but still around the area so I may bump into her from time to time. But I also have friends who are teachers too and have met her as well.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 00:21:48 )
@Harker: that makes me wonder where all my teachers from high school and before are now @.@

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 01:02:50 )
@Ixora: I had a really old one in grade 4. I haven;t heard if she died or not but she was old way back then |D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 02:07:16 )
@Harker: lol that's insane tho @.@
idk if i wanna know how they're all doing - a lot of them were pretty horrible

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:22:43 )
@Ixora: Only my college profs were mediocre/horrible. lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:25:03 )
@Harker: oh no. quite the opposite for me.
I view a lot of my college professors as family and as good friends now.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:26:00 )
@Ixora: Mine were judgey and if you were not their favourite you fell behind and would fail without help.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:30:13 )
@Harker: that sucks! that feels so high school!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 06:23:07 )
X X X

@Ixora: it was but my friend was pretty troublesome as a kid. He got kicked out of school for attacking a teacher.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.