Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Thoughts on Endgame! Spoilers!!!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 16:21:02 )
Spoiler free discussion can contain... Iunno general talk:

Have you guys seen it?
Are you satisfied with it?
Are you a Marvel fan or not?
What was the thater crowd like?

But if we wanna go to spoiler territory, I humbly suggest we use the spoiler tags.

Personally, I like the Marvel movies, but I never got emotionally attached to any of them, or the characters.
Which is why the movie was okay for me, but not really mond blowing, to be honest. And thankfully, the crowd was silent, so I could hear everything hahaha. Also, maybe an unpopular spoiler opinion, but...

I felt that Cap's ending was rushed, and I found Pepper's goodbye to Tony much more emotional than any other character encounter in Endgame.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 18:40:42 )
I have NOT seen this yet. Failure at comic book nerdery right here. (Thanks for the extra layer of spoiler protection BTW.) My bosses have been so diligent about protecting me from spoilers, jumping in and being all "She hasn't seen it yet!" and then talking about it in code... BOSS:"Remember the part where" *motions wildly* CUSTOMER "Oh man, I know!" *wildly motions back*
Its adorable.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 19:28:24 )
Aw man that is all too adorable. I also had to quiet a friend when we were going to a coffee shop the other day. He just started talking about specific scenes while we were walking through a crowded boulevard... And he's a LOUD talker.

You excited about any character in particular?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 20:04:53 )
Be back in 5 hours.... Watching it in an hour lmao

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 20:21:14 )
@Ixora: yeeeees, can't wait to hear your impressions. Have fun!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 09:35:38 )
I watched it on Friday morning! We went for the 10:45AM showing thinking there won't be anyone. Little did we know, we got stuck closer to the front. Then we noticed that there was a whole row of empty seats in the middle of the theater so we decided to try our luck, 5 minutes before the movie, a guy came up to us saying him and his friends reserved the whole row! Crazy huh??

Anyway, I love Marvel movies. I can't wait until the release the asian super hero Shang-Chi.

I'm pretty satisfied with the ending. just hate how they always have to kill off Characters I like. I think I enjoyed Thor's progression in the story the most. It was amusing how he took it so hard that he let himself go and was playing Fortnite but then in the end he realizes he is still "worthy".

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 13:21:26 )
@Xaria: oh my gooooood. Was it too bad to watch the movie closer up front? We also had slightly closer seats, but I luckily got quickly used to everything on the screen being so huge hahaha.

I've never heard of shang chi! But I also hope we see some new characters in phase 4.

Thor had, like, the most unconventional character development, and I think that's wht we all liked him so much. Not to mention that aside from Ant Man, he felt the most relatable. AND, even Hemsworth himself said this version of Thor is his favorite.

@Kid: I know, it does feel like a fairly proper send off, doesn't it??? Though I kinda wonder what direction Marvel will take next.

It’s sad more 'minor' characters didn't get more screen time, agreed. But I suppose they wanted to keep the story focused on the OG 6.
As far as Natasha goes, I've read some fan speculation that a particular comic storyline could fit nicely into this movie resilution, especially since Hulk did try to bring her back. We'll just have to wait and see.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 15:40:36 )
@So What: I cried
because I thought about how strong Pepper was when Tony was dying

Idk why but the whole cinema was shocked when
Cap used Thor's hammer when in a previous movie, he almost lifted it and Thor looked worried/scared.
I did appreciate tho how much Thor has changed since when Cap did use the hammer, he didn't look worried/scared but rather some sort of proud and happy

@kid: I thought
Gamora died (or returned to her original timeline) because she didn't show up in the post-battle scene?
I just assumed she was turned to dust as well when Tony snapped - cause she'd be with Nebula otherwise.
Though I'm pretty sure GotG3 will focus on the gang trying to look for her.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 15:47:35 )
@Ixora: Well, yeah,

From what I gathered, Gamora is the Gamora from the past, she just time traveled to the future with Thanos and his army.
I was also whether Tony's snap affected her to get dusted as well, since she's technically Thanos's follower (and Tony couldn't have known if she turned good, so...)

It's gonna be really fun if they decide to keep Thor for GotG3

And I KNOW! Pepper is such a hero, she just blew my mind in less than a minute. GOD.

:viocry:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 15:56:51 )
@So What: Yeah
Cause 2014-Gamora wasn't with the GotG3 gang (which now includes Thor and Nebula). But, say 2014-Gamora did get to stay in 2023, where would she go other than with Nebula?
But it shows Quill was looking for 2014-Gamora so idk, maybe she does get to stay? GotG3 will probably have the answer to that

I wonder if we're gonna get the same Thor or is he gonna start working out :vanora_xd:

I feel like throughout the movie Pepper was really
Like when she realized that she can't stop Tony and that she shouldn't - how selfless is she to let Tony go even though she was probably so scared since she's gonna end up raising Morgan alone without Tony

I want more Black Panther tho (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

also... I've been thinking all night about Cap aging and what that means for their timeline because supposedly Peggy got married to someone else in the original timeline so... like... what.... how....
I'm also assuming Cap returned 2014-hammer to 2014-Asgard when he returned the 2014-aether/reality stone

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 16:14:23 )
@Ixora:

Yeah, man, Pepper got to have a complete 180 since the Infinity War, where she warned Tony not to go and save the world.
And now she's with him 100%

As for Black Panther - YES. I was also hoping for more Okoye, but oh well.

And as far as Cap goes... I think his return means (since Hulk said you just create a different timeline), that there still was a Captain America in the past, but Steve got to live his life as a normal guy. So... I s'pose there were two Caps in that timeline? Which imo kinda fits how crazy Marvel and DC comics usually get with alternate realities and whatnot. I don't find it hard to believe that he created a timeline in which there are two Caps. Also, maybe he kept the Mjolnir as a memento, hahaha :D

My biggest beef with that whole ending is how suddenly they didn't need a whole team of people to return the stones - especially to return the space stone to a tesseract (?!) and the aether back in its natural state. So I stopped thinking about it, since it was clearly a quick fix :D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 17:45:45 )
@So What:
OMG I missed Okoye tooooooooo ; ___ ;

Eeeeh, time travel is always confusing when it comes to films @.@

Good point but knowing Cap maybe he chose to do it by himself?
Also, how did they know the time stone was in NY then? :/ @.@

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 13:26:03 )
┏━━━───•

I ve watched it, and its amazing xD
gotta say they re giving lots of fan service in this movie hahhaha

•───━━━┛

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 14:47:16 )
@bum: oh right. Good point XD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/3 03:19:25 )
No mutants anywhere. I am disappoint.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/3 12:28:20 )
@onsenmark: You were expecting them? Hahaha
I think the Russos said a while ago that they’re still a long ways away from that merger.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 04:41:02 )
@So What: I would have been happy with a post-credit scene of some sort involving
Old Man Cap and Logan
somehow.

Probably having a beer.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 06:10:13 )

I absolutely loved it, and kinda wanna put out the money to go see it again. Lol. XD

The comments on Cap's ass was just... perfect for lightening the mood, same with Hulk going and 'smashing' things. XD

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 11:42:57 )
@onsenmark: Now THAT would've been an easter egg to behold.

@Amber Lynne: yesssss. It's great they kept the light-heartedness to some extent. Those jokes were some of my favorite, too.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 20:34:22 )

@So What: oh without a doubt.
Especially considering how they handled some of the darker aspects of the movie, this little lighthearted bits are just what I'd needed =)

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.