Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Opinions on the form I should go with for this character?

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 01:21:08 )
I'm in role play and currently trying to design an aspect of my kelpie characters magic. As they are a male, I wanted his vulnerable form to be male as well. My only issue is trying to figure out what type of look to go for with it. What's better for luring in victims to their deaths, an innocent young boy, or an attractive young man? There is no bad opinion o-o

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 01:44:25 )
@SnakeWeaver: I would say an innocent young child

Also take into consideration that people tend to overlook children & their opinions due to their innocence & negligence to understand how terrible the real world is, so when a child commits a crime it always blows people away

I think using an 'innocent' like a child to lure people would be the best option
Cause if you see a child on the floor crying or a child saying 'help me please help me' - a good majority will be running towards to help

I believe going with an attractive young man will limit the percent of people that will take that bait to lure them to their death

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 01:50:14 )
@insomniapatient: It depends I think? Some people avoid kids, and many wont follow them because of how little they take the kid serious. I don't want my kelpie killing in pubic after all, so they would need some ability to convince people to follow them. Also, adults can go into bars, or go into a shop and get taken seriously about what they want to buy... Children can lure with innocence, but an adult has more free range and so could maybe lure more through intelligence? I still am unsure which would be more effective.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 02:19:08 )
@SnakeWeaver: I think you're right
It does definitely depend & you do bring up some good points esp with the adults
Being an adult (esp 21 or over) can get you into a lotta places that kids & or 18 year olds can't get into - so it does pose a good balance of if you should go with being an adult rather than an innocent - like a child

I know personally, I wouldn't follow a kid - only because I think of apocalyptic scenarios where if there was a kid that was saying 'please help me' I'd be like lmao I think not & book it anywhere except there
Kid could be used as bait for something worse - dunno if it's genuine or not

Then you got the ones where the kid captures them in a conversation of losing their parents in xyz & can't find them, so they need the assistance of an adult - this would invoke sympathy from the adult & help them - but not all adults would

This is a pickle you find your self in
What I suggest to do is getting two pieces of paper & sitting down to make a list
Dedicate time to the pros & cons when it comes to being an adult vs being a child
When I do tough decisions like this for my OCs (whether RP OC's or just regular OC's) this helps me a lot - esp seeing it in front of me
Maybe even sketch out a rough base draft design for both characters to see if you get a better creative pull towards one rather than the other

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 06:29:20 )
@insomniapatient: Thank you, that sounds like a good idea. It'll be easier to pick if I sketch both out and count the pros and cons of both.

@Bioshock: The character if for an rpg so its only semi traditional, he will still be able to drown people but keeping a kelpie character to one lake in a rpg with locations all over a fantasy world... he wouldn't get anywhere. I'll also have to type out and design his magic after traditional kelpie instead of just having it remain fully traditional, as traditional kelpies are pretty op after you touch them o-o;
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 06:33:26 )
@SnakeWeaver: No problem! Glad I could be of help ouo

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.