Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Let's talk about tea

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 00:07:47 )
Do you have a favorite kind? Do you like herbal tea/tisanes?

I've recently purchased a lot of tea because my favorite online store was closing. I finally got to try sencha and it was quite pleasant to drink while outside on my break. There was also a black tea blend with rose petals and it was absolutely divine. I ended up serving it with chocolate cake for my friend and we had a tea party.

When I don't want caffeine I end up drinking a lot of peppermint herbal tea. I also really enjoy ginger herbal tea as well.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 00:46:49 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Matcha would be lovely right now. I should put that on my grocery list.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 00:58:09 )
Black tea is my go toooo.
I also like cold brewed teas - there was a time that was the only think I drank XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 01:06:46 )

My username :)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 01:07:41 )

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 02:53:51 )

I really like Peppermint, I drink ones with caffeine in it..
I also enjoy fruit teas like; peach, berry and passion fruit
Mmmmmm

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:03:46 )
My boyfriend and I just started drinking tea recently! My favorites so far have been sweet black teas. I have a toasted coconut and almond bark black tea, and a chocolate chili pepper one. So good with a touch of sweetener.

I also have some teas from Good Earth which are good - Sweet n Spicy and Mango Me Crazy, each are sooo flavorful and strong, it's amazing.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:18:02 )
@Ixora: I agree that cold brew tea is lovely. It's very hot where I live so I make my tea cold if I can't be near any air conditioner.

@Matcha: I will definitely get some matcha soon. Thank you for the link!

@Peachy: Peach tea is good!

@Addy: Welcome to the world of tea! I love black tea but I can't have too much caffeine without feeling a little off.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:33:07 )
@kira: I'm a bit of a caffeine enthusiast so I guess I'm more drawn to black teas :') but it's such a good base flavor too, it works so well with a little sweetness.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:44:50 )
I'm currently obsessed with using 2 earl grey and 1 blueberry tea bags and making a tea latte with steamed milk
So gooood.

Art by Uncledaddy!

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:52:25 )
@Hazer: I think this is the first I've heard of Ceylon tea.

Anonymous:
Despite the regional nuances, a "classic Ceylon flavor" is generally thought to be bold, full, and brisk. It has medium-to-full tannins and some notes of citrus, chocolate, or spice.

That sounds lovely. Thank you for telling me about it!

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 03:53:30 )
@Frossy: That does sound good. I haven't had earl grey tea in a long time but watching Star Trek has been making me want to buy some.

[Quests][Store]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 05:06:59 )
@Kira: aaaah same!
I also like the taste better compared to brewing it then icing it.

I saw something about Jean Luc

Voltie — Mystic Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 05:12:37 )

I love having a nice, big mug of chamomile before bed.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 05:23:02 )
Regular old tea, but in mass quantities.

Ah, the life of a hopeless caffeine addict. :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:07:24 )

I love Matcha with a bit of lemon or honey! I also like Oolong and Jasmine tea.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:29:48 )

I love tea. I love pretty much all kinds of tea. I also used to work in a tea shop selling tea. So I love my tea!
My favorite kind of tea is probably white tea. I really love the light flavor! It’s also has higher antioxidants than white tea (except for Matcha).
I love green and oolong teas. Mountain High Oolong made properly is one of this best teas! I love having it cool so that I can taste all of the wonderful notes in the tea.

I don’t like it when teas are over brewed resulting in a bitter/burnt flavor. The easiest tea to understand what I mean by this is when you over brew a high quality Japanese green tea and it turns very burnt tasting.

I also love boba tea, but the normal way is way too sweet. I order a tea with no milk, 0% sweet with boba. Then the boba lightly sweetens the tea and it’s wonderful! Plus the boba is so chewy. I’m lucky to live in an area with lots of boba tea shops so I always go to the ones that use loose leaf tea. I could really go for some right now lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:30:17 )

@Alexis: Those are all great teas. Do you have a tea shop nearby or do you buy them online?

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:35:32 )

@Totalanimefan: I have a tea shop I visit whenever I'm in town ^^. I've actually never thought about buying online, do you have any stores you reccomend??

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/17 06:39:04 )

@Alexis: I would say that on average any in person tea shop is going to be better than online because you can smell the tea, and ask the workers about anything. You can also get recommendations from the workers and I think that’s the best way to try new teas. ^^ (I used to work on Teavana)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.