Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Fog: A Hangout

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:24:27 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

"What keeps this eternal fire burning? I seldom question it anymore as I yearn for its warmth. I get a few moments of peace every time I visit it. At the same time, I hate it, as I never want to see it again. I tried burning my hand in it one time, but felt nothing. But how come it is still warm?" - Benedict Baker (?)

Welcome to the Fog

Hello! I'm reviving/remaking an old hangout of mine I had on here, eons ago!
I plan to actually be around this time.

This hangout will be Dead by Daylight themed, but you don't have to know anything about the game to chill here.
Anyone and everyone is welcome!

I just... really like Dead by Daylight.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:25:12 )

- Follow Voltra ToS. Goes without saying.

- Vermii is the entity in charge of this realm! My word is law 'round these parts.
Second to ToS of course... ahem.

- Don't be a jerk, also goes without saying! I'm warnin' ya.
I'll kill ya.

- These are subject to change.

- Most importantly, have fun! Relax.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:25:45 )

Here I'll post a portrait and the backstory of one Dead by Daylight character per week, because why not!
It's fun to appreciate.

Character of the Week:

Claudette Morel

The Botanist

From the day that her parents gave Claudette her first science kit, she loved experiments. Her single minded pursuit lead to an early scholarship at a great college. It was a huge decision to leave Montreal, but the chance was too good to pass up. Her introverted nature means that chat rooms and forums are now her best source of social interaction. Her new favourite activity is to answer botany questions for others under her new moniker of Science Girl. One evening, during a long bus ride back from the city, Claudette took a stroll that would change her life. It only took a minute for her to get completely disoriented in the thick woods. She never found her way back. Her forum only started to wonder where she was a week after she stopped posting.

Claudette is not the outgoing type. Her brilliance provided her with a social handicap and she has fled the real world for chat rooms and forums. Botany and studies fill her life and even though she yearns for something else - it won’t come via a modem. Being thrown into a real life situation can feel awkward and forced. But as she is used to shutting out the world, she suddenly finds hope in this unexplainable darkness that is slowly devouring her. A plant. A tree. A bush. Simple greenery that might save a life. She hides within and amongst them. Her knowledge and skills flourish as gruesomeness roams free around her.

"I am not alone. If you set aside the killers. I have found others. Survivors that are just like me. Or at least I believe so, I want to believe so. Sometimes I manage to just catch a glimpse of a poor soul as he gets carried away. Others I have actually told my name. I do not always want to know their names. It makes it harder as they hang from the hook. I help them...sometimes. Just as they help me. Fear is our common denominator. And we bond. We have nobody else. Human contact and interaction sooths this trial we share. I ask myself whether I am better off alone, or if we can come farther together. Sometimes I bare shame as I sneak away from screams. But I have equally often been on the other side, hanging two feet off the ground, whereas I see someone, watching from shrubbery. Like a witness. Maybe it is important to watch, and remind oneself that pain is not the only thing that burdens our lives at this point? But also our souls. Do we deserve to live if we were to escape?"
~ Benedict Baker's Journal

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:26:00 )

Fun DBD related links and art.
Some self made, some not. All works will be properly credited!

"I found something odd during today’s nightmare. A wreath made of animal bones. Nothing in nature creates something like this. At the camp fire, I could finally get some light so that I was able to investigate it further. But I fumbled and dropped it into the fire. And it quickly disappeared. To my surprise, the fire can burn things. But why this and why not my hand? The next day something had changed. The world differed. My only conclusion is that I was supposed to find this. A simple offering? But to whom? And who made it? Are these offerings my way out of here?"
~ Benedict Baker's Journal

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:26:07 )

Reserving this spot for future use!

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:26:18 )

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:26:40 )

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:27:05 )

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:27:39 )

You may post.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:32:17 )
I knew... I knew this was going to be the theme.

Hook me, daddy.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:34:06 )
slurp slurp

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:35:59 )

@Kira:
It was either this or something slasher themed but like, i already had graphics for this from AGES ago so I stuck with DBD. 8,D

Anytime, bb.

@Digyko Chiyoni:
Yes, give me your sweet, sweet dna.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:42:53 )
xD i hate this already and we just started this thing

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:48:45 )

you're the one who decided to open up by slurping all over my hangout!
I don't wanna hear it >C

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:49:45 )
im eating candy D:< you know i drool when i have my fix!

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:51:36 )

have you considered like... baby bibs or something?

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:53:05 )
@Vermii: This site's going to hate me already for using the word daddy.

It looks very nice! I will be tap dance my way over here often.

[Quests][Store]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:55:15 )
@Kira: dance with us kira

@Vermii: HEY I DONT TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE! I DONT TELL YOU TO WEAR A DIAPER TO MANTAIN YOUR PEE!

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:56:42 )

@Kira:
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

good, but if i see you out on the horizon on your way here and you aren't dancing, so help me
It's the basement for you missy!

@Digyko Chiyoni:
NO PISS TALK ON THE FIRST PAGE

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:58:28 )
IMA PISS ON THIS FIRST PAGE!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.