Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Work related rant

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/11 16:49:17 )

So right now I am working through a employment agency. But I am not to happy with them. They already complained I worked one hour longer then they wanted this week. When I just started a cleaning job over at a community center. And the person I'm replacing showed me all things I needed to do. Because of that the first day took longer. They also asked me if I had told her I only had 4 hours (she has 5 hours a day) and if I asked her to show me what to do. Well they asked me to work there next week as well. I told them I could not work on monday. I have a dental appointment. They did not seem to happy (me doesn't care). So they asked me if I could work the other days and I said yes. They told me they would send me an email about next weeks work but they still haven't done so. I get they still have a day but I wonder if they even listened to me not being able work monday. I would not be suprised if they still planned me all week.

In the beginning I also told them if they have cleaning work that starts before 8AM I wouldn't take that job. YET they called me about 4 times for differnt cleaning jobs that started before that. I kept on telling them I wouldn't do them before 8AM.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/11 20:06:30 )

That really sucks. They need to pay you for the time that you worked.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/12 10:18:01 )

Ah employment agencies... they think they own your soul just for saying “hey, I need a job, got something?”

I worked for them during college, mostly on weekends. 1 semester, I told them that I couldn’t work on Thursdays and Fridays (because I had class from 8 am till 5 pm and had 1.5 hour traveling time).
Every week they would call to ask if I could work on Thursday and Friday. >.>

Some also pay for travelling costs if you travel more than 10 km to work.
If you have to travel 9.95 km, it sucks for you because they won’t pay.

I also had 1 (tempo team) who I told that I would do a lot, but not with too much meat.
So they wanted to give me a 7-4 job in a meat factory. >.>

Maybe start applying to supermarkets. Stores like Aldi are always hiring.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 05:29:27 )
Ive had bad experiences with temp work. Hope it works out.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.