Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Starting a fundraiser for my partner

Voltie — Bunny Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 01:20:55 )
"Now I've run out of Tears"

(Hoping this is the right place to post this topic)

Alright, people of Voltra, I need some help. Well, it's not me, but my boyfriend. He's in a deep situation right now where he doesn't really have a place to stay anymore. We've been in a long distance relationship since 2011 and we've been planning to meet each other since 2016. We had a solid plan in 2017, but shit hit the fan (with the company he's been working for closing down and his home going into foreclosure) and things have only gone downhill since then. I think now is the best time to get him here to Maryland and help him find a job to pick things back up, but we need help.

We thought of starting a GoFundMe page, but we're not sure if that would even work out to the best. I just want to get him down here and get him someplace safe. So I started a Facebook fundraiser instead. For the past week, he and his mum have been staying in a hotel, but today is the last day and I'm worried about them.

My initial goal is 250-300$ (with my contributing my whole paycheck which only has a tendency to be 90-95$ with the hours that I'm getting right now) I do have a few other friends helping me, but having even more help would be better. It means the less money everyone has to contribute.

Plane tickets aren't too expensive with the range being between 132-180$+ but the extra cash is going towards just in case I need to get him a hotel room for a while because of my mom. We just had a conversation about it and she's so old school that she won't let him stay with us unless we were married (which I have voiced is very stupid).

We could use every bit of help and I wanted this all to be done by the end of April to early May.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Below is the link to the facebook fundraiser.
Thanks to any help or spreading the word

Fundraiser Link
"The time has come for me to Disappear"

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 04:40:45 )

Where is he living now? Could he drive? Take a Greyhound bus?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Bunny Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 14:42:30 )
"Now I've run out of Tears"

@totalanimefan: he and his mum were staying in a hotel but as of last night they're now staying with a friend of his mum.

We've done bus research but with no luck on a price estimate and the plan in 2017 was actually a state wide road trip for him to come down here but we fear that may be more expensive. You have to put in prices for gas money, getting foos while on the road and motel/hotels to stay in for the night during the drive.
"The time has come for me to Disappear"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.