Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What do you think the future holds for planet Earth?/How can we go green?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/9 02:49:43 )
I think about carbon emissions and green house gases a lot. I worry about the people that will die from climate change this year and beyond. I hate seeing what we have done to the environment and animals too.

But....I’m not trying to make a super negative post, so what do you think about the future of our planet? But what do you also think we can do? Any scale big or small can make a difference. Like having a reusable cup can save so many plastic water bottles from landfills (I would say at least 365 if you only had one plastic water bottle a day, but lots of people have more than that).
Change in a big way could be getting companies or local governments to use renewable energy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/9 02:55:33 )
I know that it’s hard for us to change our ways. For instance I’m not vegan, I still eat meat. I have reduced my meat consumption by at least 50% compared to when I was growing up. I do buy dairy sometimes, but I also buy Oatmilk a lot (a new personal fav of mine)
My house’s electricity is powered by solar (but I know that this is not an option everywhere). And I drive a cheap all electric car.
However, I still do use single use plastics from time a time. Sometimes I can’t help it. I do try to get people at work at use a mug at work for their coffee instead of a plastic cup.

I do feel like small changes make a big difference. It’s better for 100 people to reduce the amount of plastic they use, instead of 50 people going zero waste for a month.

Anyway, this might just be me speaking my mind, but I would like to hear about what others think about this subject. It’s very broad, but very important.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/9 07:42:56 )

Electric cars do not have much of a drive time, I have heard. I know many who cannot use one as their work commute time in one direction exceeds that time, several by at least twice that length.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/9 19:03:27 )
    Have you heard about the Solarpunk movement?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.