Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Heir to the Hunt

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 02:27:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The audience was full. It wasn't packed to the brim, but it was full enough that the club was making a VERY nice profit for that night, not including drinks and food.

The club belonged to Kalin Kiczys, and she had one of her top 2 shows going on that night. Technically she had 3 shows that were popular, but the third one was a joint show with the first two performers.

The performers in question were Jaden Sherwood, and his wife, Desiree McCormick. Jaden performed darker mind-twisting stunts, while Desiree was more family friendly... to the point where she was often hired for birthday parties. However, she had material that would even impress an audience of adults, which was what was happening now.

She was performing a sold-out show for her friend and manager, Kalin. And while Jaden wasn't in the show, he was in the audience, as he liked watching his wife perform, and he would meet her backstage to help her unwind and such. That being said, he was a big name as well, and he didn't want to take attention away from Desiree. As such, he had tucked ALL of his blonde hair into his special black beanie-hat, wore a more colourful selection of clothing, with some blues and reds, and put on glasses.

Their son, Darrel, was there as well, as he wanted to be there, and had no other plans for the night. He'd inherited the strawberry coloured hair of his mother, but fussed over it like his father. He often wore darker clothing like his father, but was far more like his mother, attitude-wise, as he was usually friendly and outgoing. However, his attention was NOT on his mother on stage right now, and Jaden noticed this.

"Hey." he said, nudging his son. "What's going on?" he asked.

"...someone's staring really intently at Mom. She's not breaking her gaze at all. It's creepy." Darrel responded.

Immediately, Jaden was at the alert. Several times, he and his wife had been targeted by obsessed fans, or disgruntled psychopaths that felt they had been slighted. Granted, nothing serious ever came of it, as their security was top-notch, and they were more than capable of defending themselves.

However, that didn't mean that potential threats weren't ignored by him.

He then followed his son's gaze, searching for the female in question.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 02:41:39 )

Jaden found her rather easily. She REALLY stood out in the crowd, with a black and pink almost punk and goth styled getup. She was staring, although it was easy for others to brush it off as just 'watching' the woman on stage as well.

The problem was how intently. She wasn't being amazed like the crowd, if anything she almost seemed judgemental.

She didn't pay any heed to the males that were watching her, she didn't think they'd cause problems. Even then, she wasn't intending to cause problems.

She was merely there to meet the woman, whether anyone liked it or not.

♯I\'ve been Dancing with your Ghost // Some might say we have stole the show♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 03:20:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden narrowed his eyes as he studied the woman, though he took moments to look around, so as not to project the image of him staring at her.

The last thing he wanted to do is call attention to himself, or her. Not right now.

"Keep an eye on her." he said to Darrel.

"She has a VIP pass around her neck." he went on, noticing said pass.

"We may need to intervene after the show." he said further.

"Right, Dad." Darrel responded.

"........." he was then silent, as he stole casual glances at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 03:34:18 )

As the show came to the end, she didn't hurry to the backstage area, wanting to not have a crowd of people when she approached Desiree.

She had no idea how this would go, and certai9nly did not want to make a scene of this.

She made her way to the bar, instead and got herself a drink. If anything, it would help her pass some time, at least.

Of course, the two that had been watching her, continued to do so. They milled around, yes, but it wasn't hard for her to tell that theyw ere keeping an eye on her. Or at least she had a really strong suspicion that they were.

She had no idea why, though.

So she paid it no heed. Instead, once it seemed that there wouldn't be a scene, she made her way back through the VIP paths to meet Desiree, the woman she was there to meet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 03:50:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once Darrel and Jaden had noticed that the young woman had made her way towards where Desiree would be, they looked at each other, and nodded.

The two of them then made their way to where they wouldn't be seen, and Jaden created a portal. The portal started on a nearby wall, and exited at the ceiling of the corridor just outside of Desiree's dressing room.

Jaden looked to his son, and they nodded, before they stuck their heads through the portal.

They wanted to hear what was going on, and they could drop down from the portal if need be... however, they didn't want to intrude upon anything, in case their suspicions were wrong.

'All right, what's the deal?' Jaden thought, as he kept his ears open, and prepared for anything.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 03:52:33 )

"Hey." The unknown female said as she stepped into the room. As she was closing the door, the boys were able to hear the start of something.

"I... have something to show you, and I'm not sure how you'll take it." With that, the door was closed, leaving the pair of them to be left wonderig what the hell it was that was going on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:08:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Darrel and Jaden looked at each other, before Jaden lowered himself down out of the portal, lightly touching down on his feet. Darrel followed suit, with Jaden helping him.

Jaden then closed the portal, and they pressed their ears up against the door.

'Damn it, what's going on?' Jaden wondered.

'The hell was she talking about?'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:12:36 )

All that could be heard through the door, was the murmur of conversation. Until it stopped.

All he could hear on the other side was silence. There was nothing.

Mere seconds before Jaden's phone rang. When he checcked, he saw Desiree was calling.

"Hey, I don't know where you are at the moment, but get in here. I ... well.... let's just say that I've just learned some surprising news, but it's not exactly bad."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:33:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden stepped back from the door, and answered the phone, remaining silent as Desiree said what she did.

"....uhhhhh... okaaaay..." he said.

"Do you want me there?" he asked.

"I can get to your dressing room in no time." he went on, before pausing.

"Are... you all right?" he then asked her.

"You sound a bit... distressed."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:34:33 )

"I'm just... shocked." Desiree answered with a light sigh.

"There's no real tr---" She paused a moment before the door opened to reveal the pink haired girl.

"Oh." Desiree said before hanging up.

"Pretty sure they followed me here." the new woman stated simply as she stepped out of the way.

"Get in here you two." Desiree called.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:57:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..................." Jaden and Darrel were silent for a moment, before Jaden put the phone away.

The former then sighed, shaking his head.

"Right." he said.

"Darrel. Come on." he told his son.

Darrel just sighed and nodded, before the two of them made their way inside the dressing room.

"Well... here we are." Darrel said, trying to break the ice a bit.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 04:59:14 )

Desiree was silent as she handed a page to Jaden.

"Darrell... this is Abigail." She said.

"Your sister." The pink haired girl, who was just introduced, stated with a wave.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 05:21:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Both Jaden and Darrel were seemingly stunned, frozen in shock.

However, Darrel shook his head a little, and broke the silence.

"S-sister?" he finally asked.

"....wait..." he then muttered.

"I thought you said that I was an only child." he said to Desiree.

"You are." Jaden said, finding his voice.

"At least, I was led to believe that..." he then clarified quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 05:25:56 )

"I'm the child that was given up." Abigail stated simply. Her voice was pretty light, almost cute like Desiree's.

"That's true. I was young, knew I couldn't care for a child, so I put her up for adoption." Desiree added.

"It's something that... well, I knew I had to do." She then said with a light sigh.

"I never said contact wasn't allowed, so I ... wondered if this would ever come." She paused a moment before looking to Abigail.

"How'd you find out that I'm your mother?" She asked.

"I have connections... can I leave it at that?" Was the answer.

"That's... ominous..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 05:55:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Extremely." Jaden agreed.

"Such connections are... exceedingly well-informed, and potentially tell us that none of us are truly safe." he said further.

"....sounds like you're being dramatic, Dad." Darrel commented.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." Jaden responded. "But what we DO know is that it seems Desiree has a daughter, and she was found by her somehow." he went on.

"...and... all this is news to you, right?" Darrel then asked him.

"Yes." Jaden confirmed.

"Hell, as far as I was led to believe, I was Desiree's first-" he went on, before Darrel quickly spoke.

"AH-AH-AH DON'T NEED TO HEAR THAT." he interrupted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 06:29:59 )

Abigail just laughed.

"Oh please." She stated.

"Jaden, I wasn't a virgin when I met you. But I hadn't had many... events of that nature." Desiree then commented.

"It's never been important to me, to be fair." She added with a light shrug.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 06:50:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"This explains it." Jaden said.

"Now..." he muttered, looking at Desiree.

"Might I be so bold as to how this happened?" he asked.

"What sort of... series of events that led to this young woman coming into existence?" he asked further, gesturing to Abigail.

"...is this really something to be talking about right now?" Darrel then inquired.

"Yes." Jaden responded.

"It may be uncomfortable, but it IS important backstory."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 06:55:49 )

"Jaden, you know I didn't have hte best ... teen years. Childhood even." Desiree commented simply.

"There's nothing to really say. I merely was crashing on someone's couch and one thing led to another. It was completely consensual and the like, no worries." She paused before sighing.

"I won't reveal the name though." She added.

"Statutory rape?" Abigail asked.

"Precisely. He was very nice and kind, and I do not want any trouble to fall upon him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 07:12:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".................I see." Jaden replied after a pregnant pause.

"Dad?" Darrel asked, sounding very concerned.

"It's fine." was all Jaden said in response.

"But all right then." he went on, before looking at Abigail.

"What do you know about your mother?" he asked.

"Other than how to have exactly found her." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 07:16:51 )

"A variety of things." Abigail answered.

"But nothing too specific. At least nothing that I couldn't find easily." She added.

"I, obviously, know enough to follow her twitter."

"Not ... that that's hard to do, admittedly." Desiree commented with a laugh.

"It's public, after all."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.