Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I hate getting sick

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 21:25:03 )

I felt like I was getting sick during the last week so I started taking some meds, and eating well hoping to stop myself from getting any worse but it didn't work . This week I actually got worse and today just feels horrible. I was supposed to work tomorrow morning but I called off because I don't see myself being well enough to work, nor do I wish for my coworkers or customers to get sick because of me. I have an anime con this weekend im supposed to attend and I was also supposed to do a couple shoots. Timing to get sick sucks but I'm spending these next couple days on getting better. I'm just super congested, and I managed to prevent a sore throat. Drinking lots of fluids like soup and tea. What are some things you guys suggest for a speedy recovery?

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/4 21:56:11 )

Make sure that you are actually resting your body. Sleeping at night and taking naps if you need to. Also don’t physically do much during the day. It can’t rest if your body is working.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 05:46:33 )
Oh shoot.
I've been getting sick.
I had to call in to work because I didn't feel well or want to infect others.
There is also a con in my future.
ARE WE THE SAME PERSON?
...from different timelines maybe?!?

Anyway, I second the plenty of rest thing. My hubby was sick for a week before me, and one day he took a few long extra naps and woke up feeling a lot more coherent. Also make sure to monitor and control any fever you might have. I always get too sick to realize I have a fever unless I take my temp on a schedule and that can get real dangerous real quick.

Also, aloe juice is cheat codes for sore throats, and it tastes sooo dang good.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/5 13:03:38 )
Yeah, same as before. Plenty of rest for you and hopefully you'll get better!
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.