Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Difficult Scales

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 05:12:07 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"............." the male was silent, as he disappeared into the thickness of the forest, staying low to the ground, and keeping to the shadows.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!" he cursed to himself, ducking behind some bushes and catching his breath.

"It just HAD to happen right then." he muttered. "I thought I could lay low and let it blow over, but no... looks like people don't forget." he went on, before looking skyward.

His jet black hair contrasted his light green eyes... but the most noticeable features were his pupils... vertical slits that were definitely not human.

"...damn it all." he said again. He sighed and stretched out onto the ground, his torn clothing revealing a relatively slender body, but with a little definition.

"Might as well hide here and try and soak up the slight rays of sun coming through the canopy..." he said further, before suddenly pausing, a forked tongue darting rapidly out of his mouth.

"...blood." he said to himself.

"An alarming amount of it." he said further, before getting to his feet and heading in the direction of the scent.

Meanwhile, not far away, a battle was taking place between a large beast that looked like a manticore... but it had twin scorpion tails, and appeared to be capable of breathing poison mist from its mouth... and what looked to be a female human.

While both combatants appeared to have taken damage, it was clear the beast was faring better... and it was also clear that it didn't want her to escape this situation alive.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 05:23:15 )

The woman who was there had almost white hair and extremely pale skin. While that was normally a reason to believe that they would be at a detriment, it seemed to now be slowing her down. She was moving fast, faster than he'd expected, but still taking damage.

And the blood was collecting on the ground beneath them. A lot of it.

As she dove behind a large tree, just as the beast's tail had pierced through it, barely missing her, she growled.

"Dammit. How about fuckign informing me properly you asshole." She growled before steadying her nerves. She had to deal with this and return the tails back to her asshole boss, or die trying.

♯I\'ve been Dancing with your Ghost // Some might say we have stole the show♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 05:42:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" the figure was silent as he saw the battle unfold... and he could tell that, if this went on for much longer, the female would fall. And the beast would more than likely make sure the job was finished.

He then sighed, shook his head, and crouched down for a moment... as he started to silently skulk through the surrounding forest, making his way towards the rear of the beast.

The beast itself had its attention focused solely on the woman before it, and it looked ready to lunge right for her, when it suddenly seemed to freeze for a second.

It then roared and started to flail about wildly, like something else was bothering it now. However, to the woman, the main point of this happening was that its attention was no longer focused on her.

If anything, it seemed to temporarily forget she existed, deeming whatever else was happening a more immediate threat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 18:37:07 )

She paused, not entirely sure what to make of the situation. She didn't realise someone else was there, so she was going to take advantage of the time that she had at the moment.

The next thing that the creature knew, it was falling through the ground, and landing back where it was expected to be. Sure, it was supposed to be dead, but at least this way the others there would know that she'd been fucked over.

"Asshole." She said with a growl before sitting down to catch her breath.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 21:44:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just before the creature completely fell through the hole in the ground, the woman saw a figure jump out from the thick fur around the creature's torso. It landed on all fours, though it was clear it was humanoid, with defined hands and feet.

It was silent for a moment, before it started to cough and spit out smaller strands of fur out of its mouth.

"Pfft! Pbllft!" it spat, shaking its head.

"Damn it, I hate when that happens." it said further.

It then turned and looked at the woman, but was uncertain as to where to go from here... after all, the woman could react in any number of ways.

But it was on guard, most assuredly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 22:46:58 )

She was silent as she saw the figure leap off of the creature. That... hadn't been expected, and she was reasonably sure that it was due to their help that she'd been able to send it.

"Hello." She said, not moving from where she was. There was no fear, so it would be easy to come to the conclusion that she was either stupid (because one should fear someone that took care of something like that) or was confident she could take care of him if he attacked (whcih was something almost scary in and of itself.)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 23:06:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." he was silent for a moment, before looking over towards her.

"Hello." he responded.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"You looked like you were having some issues with that thing, so I decided to jump in and help." he told her.

"I do hope that that wasn't out of place."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 23:54:03 )

She just shrugged.

"No problems." She said.

"Means I was able to send him back to let my boss deal with the thing." She added.

"So thank you. Is there anything I can do to actually show it?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 00:19:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent for a moment, and just sighed.

"Not kill me would be a good start." he replied.

"Seems no matter where I go, people want me dead." he said further, still catching his breath.

"But as long as you don't attack me or anything, we're fine." he assured her.

He then sat back and sighed, the woman swearing she saw rows of sharp teeth in his mouth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 00:25:13 )

She paused.

"Why... the hell... would I kill you?" She asked, her voice making it quite apparent she was extremely confused.

"BEcause... I just... what?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 00:58:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Never mind." he replied.

"Just... I'm used to people trying to kill me." he said.

"Guess it's because I'm different." he went on.

He then sighed again, and looked at her... the woman seeing his reptilian eyes.

"I assume you can tell what I'm talking about."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 01:00:34 )

She just laughed.

"I'm different too." She told him simply.

"Are you going to try and kill me because I'm 'unnatural'?" She asked in response.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 01:24:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed in relief.

"Thank heavens." he thought.

"I'm tired of being on the run." he said.

"Regardless, glad I could help with that beast." he told her.

"You looked like you needed it, despite doing pretty damn well." he said further.

"...and no. I'm not going to try and kill you." he then added, figuring it went without saying, but some clarification was always good.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 01:26:35 )

She just sighed lightly.

"Yeah... I was in over my head." she admitted.

"Then again, pretty sure my boss is out to see my die, completely ignoring the fact that it's not the easiest to kill a frikken vampire." She added with a light laugh.

"So he isn't going to win, easily anyway"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 01:53:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....vampire, huh?" he asked.

"Cool." he said.

"And... your boss is out to see you die?" he then asked.

"That... doesn't sound like much of a way to live." he commented further.

"What do you do?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 02:04:48 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I'm a bounty hunter." She told him honestly.

'And I work for Candentus Lux." She added, not sure if he'd know the guild or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 02:45:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man paused for a moment, thinking about something.

"Ah!" he said, snapping his fingers.

"I've heard that name before." he said.

"....both in positive AND negative ways, actually." he then muttered.

"I generally hear impressive things, though." he continued. "The fact that you work for Candentus Lux is a feather in one's cap, supposedly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 02:47:37 )

"A feather that one is trying to strip me of." She added before sighing.

'I should probably head back though. Need a lift anywhere?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Because it's the least I can do for your help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 03:07:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just shrugged.

"Somewhere... I... I don't know, actually." he admitted.

"I'm homeless, jobless, and on the run from humans." he said.

"...it's such a shame and a disgrace." he sighed.

"I really don't bring much glory to my Ramaarin heritage." he lamented, letting slip his heritage. The Ramarrins were a race of reptilian humanoids, which humans got along with in the past... but as time went on, prejudice took over, and they became loathed and fears.

They now lived among humans, disguised as them, trying to disappear into the crowds, essentially.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 03:10:17 )

"Come with me. It's not an ideal place, but you might be abl eot work at the guild." She said as she got to her feet.

"Also, name's Syndey." She added.

"But yeah, come on. There's a decent chance he'll hire you on."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.