Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat There is a mouse . . .

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 16:29:23 )
Just wanted to let you all know there is a mouse in my bathroom. I put out a trap (makes me sad but I can't catch that thing and can't afford to have it wreck my pantry when I'm so broke), but it's also first thing in the morning and I have to pee; the last time I saw the mouse, it was on top of the shelf above the toilet and I really don't want a mouse dropping onto my head when I'm doing my business.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 16:41:58 )

When there is 1, big chance that there are more. The biggest hobby of mice is... make lots of baby mice.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 17:17:11 )
Ahahaha, right! Since we moved in here we heard noises in the night that we thought were the neighbor's cat, but now I'm like . . . so it's mice then.

I'll be setting traps at night trying to get the little things out of here. I don't want then up during the day since my dog is very good at sticking his nose where it doesn't belong and I don't want him setting the traps off.
previously keef with a k

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 17:19:52 )

Yeah cats and dogs are good with that
Some shops have pet friendly traps. They just trap the mouse in a box and you can release them later.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 19:13:24 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Time to get a cat and let them free feed on the mice. :3

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 19:25:49 )
@Kale: I know the feel man...I had a family of mice move into my house over the winter. Its been difficult to catch them all and they did raid my pantry. Mouse droppings are the worst! I hate them so much. Yes mice are cute but they are so hard to catch and they are stinky little things. I agree with Millet that a cat is the best way to catch them. I've heard that just having a cat makes the mice not want to move in, like a deterrent. Unfortunately I am allergic to cats so I just locked up my food real tight and set a million traps.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 19:55:14 )

@Hazer: my old cat brough a living duck home once and then set it free in the house.
That duck then flew atound in the house, shitting everywhere. I had to run after it and clean up.

Donator — Goddess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 10:30:55 )
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

@Kale:
I would get a humane trap if you could
The cat method doesnt really work unless you have one already, and it regular traps don't seem to bode well for your dog

When I had a mouse in my home I had to put all my food away in a special place because it would eat all of it over night so I hope that doesn't happen to you

.・。.・゜✫・.・✭・゜・。.
come check out my shop

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 10:40:12 )

@Bioshock: he had a few scratches and was in a state of panic, but other than that, he was fine

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 22:18:00 )
The only thing that worked for us when our apartment had mice was poison bait. We tried trapping them both live and dead for a while, but neither was good enough to end the problem. After we finally moved on to the bait, it wasn't long before we stopped seeing mice altogether. You'd have to be careful about where you put it when you have a dog, though, and train him to stay out of those areas. If you do decide to stick with traps, I recommend switching things up every so often (different trap placement, different types of traps, different bait) so that the mice don't catch on. That will help it stay more effective.
AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.