Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Spring '19 Plasma Orbs Feedback Thread

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 20:56:25 )

Spring '19 Plasma Orbs (RIGs)

Hey Volties!

Your feedback is always really helpful and much appreciated, so we want to continue this trend with our Winter '18 Plasma Orb sets! Your feedback will help us rethink how we design and create these items.

This season's Plasma Orbs are:

Common Orb Spring '19 / 3000 volts

Golden Bird | rare
Enchanting Display | common
Pixie | common
Feline Fatale / common
Skinwalker | common

Unique Bases / very common
Unique Long Braids / very common
Unique Tights / very common
Unique Velvet Boots / very common
Unique Frizz Hawk / very common
*Only one unique pattern is shown in preview. There is a total of 13 unique patterns/recolors.*

Too Hot Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Too Hot / rarest
Sticky Fingers | rare
Jacky Beanstalk | uncommon
Enchanting Display / common
Pixie | common

Cursed Prince Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Cursed Prince | rarest
Lil Piggies | rare
Merlin | uncommon
Skinwalker | common
Feline Fatale | common

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template we put together for you to use.

[align=center][spoiler=[b]Common Orb Spring '19 (Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Golden Bird[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Enchanting Display[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Pixie[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Feline Fatale[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Skinwalker[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Too Hot Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size] ]
[b]Too Hot[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Sticky Fingers[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Jacky Beanstalk[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Cursed Prince Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Cursed Prince[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Lil Piggies[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Merlin[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler][/align]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 08:48:18 )
╔════ ═ ═ ═

Golden Bird
★★★★★
This is awesome, I really love this item
probably one of my favorite so far
there isnt really anything i would change out of this set
maybe add the arm mod without the wings in default skin tones?

Enchanting Display
★★★✩✩
This item is actually really good, just that it is a bit lacking imo
i know that it is just the common one, but isnt usually the common one have around 4 pose?
while this set just have 3? xD
an addition pose of accessories similar to the clock pose in other parts of the body would make this item more awesome imo

Pixie
★★★✩✩
this set is actually quite good, a bit plain like the enchanting display
but the wings pose totally compensate for the whole set
its totally awesome, and you guys are really generous with the color too :)
i kinda wish maybe an additional pose of the glitter in the pixies in our avatar body?

Feline Fatale
★★★✩✩
Not my cup of tea, but that boots is really awesome imo
the mask is also a great potential to be combined with other items
the only thing i would change maybe... make the symbol in the shirt as a standalone item? so we can stick it in our other clothes...

Skinwalker
★★★★★
I am sure most people gonna dislike this set
yes, the arms & leg mod are a bit wonky xD
but this is potentially my favorite set of the whole orb lol
first of all, that background is really amazing o:
that eyes are also superb imo
what i would change, maybe a mouth pose...
something similar to the reaper smile to make this set even more creepy xD

x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons
★★★★★
Really impressive job with this batch of recolor

Too Hot
★★★★✩
Not my cup of tea, but i m sure a lot of people gonna like this set
the hair & the glasses are amazing...
also love the big bear, but its just to big for me.. kinda wish it was a bit smaller?

Sticky Fingers
★★★★★
My favorite of this orb
its cute, also love the color scheme that you guys pick
my only problem is just like some of the previous orb items,
specific color are locked into a specific skin tone
which is a bit of a deal breaker for me

Jacky Beanstalk
★★★✩✩
Again, also not my cup of tea xD
but its a great set imo, love the harp & the nest hat
also love the leg mod actually, but the proportion is a bit weird for me...
its like 1 leg is longer than the other xD

Cursed Prince
★★★★✩
actually this item is quite good, its like the male version of flower empress xD
Love the rose eye patch, the horns & the thorns on the shoulder
the cloak tho, a bit weird for me xD
its just look to big, would be nice if its less bulky & shorter maybe?

Lil Piggies
★★★★★
My favorite of this set,
the hair & the piggies are totally awesome
its nice that you guys add a separate pose for the skirt, just kinda wish you guys add a separate pose for the shirt & arm mod without the skirt as well xD

Merlin
★★★★✩
This is nice actually
the hat is totally awesome...
the only thing i would change is maybe make the beard is a bit shorter
it just too long imo & covers too much of the clothes area xD

═ ═ ═ ════╝

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/12 03:15:16 )

Also, want to add how much I LOVE that you made the orbs into a BUNDLE!

Golden Bird
★★★★✩
My favorite of this orb items! It is a very lovely take on a bird themed item. I don't always go with bird type looks, but I can see some of the pieces being used in some very creative ways.
Finding it very hard to get them out of the individual orbs I have purchased.

Enchanting Display
★★★✩✩
Love the Beauty and the Beast themed items! It is lovely that the display that holds the rose is avatar sized! Lumiere and Clockworth themed items are great as well!

Pixie
★★✩✩✩
I love that we can have a pixie partner! The wings and dress itself are also well done. But the item itself does feel like it is lacking another element.
[Also a bit off putting because I opened 4 Too Hot orbs and got 4 Pixies in a row. -_-]

Feline Fatale
★★★★✩
This mask is my favorite of this item! I LOVE IT~! The cape is also really great. The boots could be better in my opinion, pretty simplistic feeling.

Skinwalker
★★★★✩
I LOVE the forest background for this! I can see myself using it quite often! Very spooky overall theme! Love it! Very creative body modifications!

★★★✩✩
I love that these items have such unique colors! The skin tone is my favorite! The boots are also pretty nice!
I don't care much for the Frizz Hawk and Long Braids as hair styles, so the unique colors of them do not hold much interest for me.

Too Hot
★★★★✩
I Love this Goldielocks and the Three Bears themed item. The hair is my favorite of it! Already using it on my current avatar.
The giant bear plush chair is adorable! I do love the cut-out top (cute that it is bear shaped too). The leg mod is an interesting placement, but that doesn't match the direction of the chair. I feel the legs would work better if the chair if the positioning of the chair was reversed. I always like head googles for a steam punk look, though the bear ears don't give it the same feel.

Sticky Fingers
★★✩✩✩
A pretty interesting item. Seems like Hansel and Gretal was the inspiration for this one. Not sure how much I would use this item though. Might try to use bits and piece in a creative way. Though the flip-flop of colors might make matching a bit harder.

Jacky Beanstalk
★★✩✩✩
I love the beanstalk from this Jack and the Beanstalk inspired item. Not sure how much I would use the pieces of this item though. Don't have much interest in the birds next on the head.

Cursed Prince
★★★✩✩
I love the Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty combination of items. My favorite piece is the thorns wrapping around and up the arm. The horns and hair feel very beastly. Love the floating rose petals. The cape seem too bulky. Not sure I like the rose eyepatch, but I don't often use eyepatches in general.

Lil Piggies
★★✩✩✩
Oddly, I do like this hair. Don't usually care for short and poofy hairstyles, but this one works. Great Three Little Pigs themed item. Not sure how often I would use the rest of the pieces, but they are nicely done. Rather cute pigs. The one on the ground could be named Waddles (from Gravity Falls :3)

Merlin
★★★✩✩
I LOVE Merlin the Wizard ♥. So much wonderful lore around him! [Or her, if you watch Seven Deadly Sins]. Each of these pieces are rather great! Perfect for making my own wizard look! Even if I usually go with sexy wizard/mage looks ;)

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/2 23:04:30 )

Golden Bird
★★★★★
I really like it overall. I'm in love with the bird legs, and the fact that you can remove the feathers from the arm mods. I like the color choices, and the feather details look especially nice. One of my favorites from this set of orbs. Not personally a fan of the mask, though it's well done. Would have been better IMO to have it actually on the face rather than the side of the head.

Enchanting Display
★★✩✩✩
Honestly the only one in the set I straight up disliked. It's not terrible, but it's pretty bland and doesn't have much by way of versatile poses. There are only three, none of which I can see myself getting much use out of. Some of the color palettes are really weird for a clock and candles, especially the mint/purple one. But I can see some potential for the dome pose, and the overall art quality looks good.

Pixie
★★★✩✩
I wanted to like this one more than I did, particularly for the little fairy companions. I like their design and the fact that they're there, but their placement near the avatar's head makes this pose difficult to use. Everything blocks/covers them, so unless the avatar is bald and naked, there's not a lot of point to them being there. They should probably at least be on a different layer so that they're still visible in front of hair/clothes, rather than going behind them.
As for the other two poses, I could take them or leave them. The wings are decent, and I like the color choices for them, but they don't really stand out at all. The dress is similar, and too feminine for my liking. That said, I do appreciate the fact that it sparkles, as with the wings.

Feline Fatale
★★★★✩
Well made, excellent color choices, interesting design. I love the shirt and boots. The cat skull mask is neat, though I don't know how often I'd use it. I have no interest in the cloak, as I'm not a big fan of clothes with animal ears/tails on them, but it suits the item's theme. My only complaint is the appearance of it having a single sleeve; it's hard to tell what's going on on the right (avatar's left, viewer's right) side where the arm disappears beneath the cloak and it may or may not be in a sleeve with the hand tucked into a pocket? It may be intended as a fold in the ends of the cloak/scarf, but I can't tell.

Skinwalker
★★★★✩
I love the concept of this item, as well as most of the poses. The background is my favorite, though the spooky arms and legs are also great. I'm not a big fan of the eyes, though; they're too big for my liking. I kind of wish there were a ground on the background, though that may just be because we have so few ground items. I do enjoy being able to layer it with some of the other background-type items. The position of the arms is a little funky IMO but it doesn't look bad.

★★★★★
I love the space pattern that comes with these items, and all of the interesting color combination choices. I also think the items picked for recolors were a pretty decent and versatile selection. I am especially happy to see that bases are included. I'm not super into the heart pattern version; I have trouble seeing how I could ever utilize it, but it's good to have different options nonetheless.

Too Hot
★★★★✩
Good color choices, and I appreciate being able to choose any of the included skin colors with all three palettes. The sitting pose looks a little odd when paired with the bear, like it's not quite actually sitting on it? But it's not bad IMO. I'd have loved the option of the hair without the "ear" buns, but I know that's not really the point of the item. No real complaints overall, though cutesy lingerie and animal ears aren't my personal preference.

Sticky Fingers
★★★★✩
Edit: Recently got this item, so I can review it better.
The color choices and distribution on this item look great IMO, one of the better looking items on the site as far as that goes. My only beef with the colors is not being able to choose any of the 3 leg colors with each palette, which is always kind of a bummer but not a big deal.
I also love that the hair can be worn with or without the ponytail, and that the ponytail can be worn separately. The inclusion of shorts as well as the skirt option is another big bonus.
My only issue with the item is the placement of the legs. They appear to be facing forward, while the rest of the avatar is turned more toward the side. If not for that, I'd have given this item a 5/5, but unfortunately it's too noticeable for me to overlook. Overall, though, I like this one a lot more than I thought I would, as the theme isn't generally my style but I think it's pretty well done and not "too much" to be versatile.

Jacky Beanstalk
★★★✩✩
I love the beanstalk, the arms, and especially the legs. I really wish I could use both the arms without the harp, because they look great. Not into the nest being on the head; I'm not a "things on your head that aren't hats" kinda person. Unfortunately, the beanstalk is so busy with color and detail that it's a little hard to use as a background item, though it is beautiful.

Cursed Prince
★★★★✩
Love the horns. The cape is really nicely done, great shading and detail, but will be hard to utilize due to its bulk. I wouldn't change it, though. It has a presence to it that other items lack, and it's perfect for the theme. The eye patch and thorns are an interesting touch, though I'm not sure how I feel about them, eye patch in particular. It's beautifully designed, but I'm not an eye patch fan and I feel like we have a few of these already--though none that look as nice as this one. I don't really dig the hair. Gives me anime vibes and I don't get the bang-like pieces on the sides. They kind of look like ears? but made of hair. I feel like we need more variety among long hairstyles on this site, and choppy bangs in front have the opposite effect. Some plain, simple long/wavy hair would have been great for this item IMO. The colors on the item overall work really well, though I'd have loved to see something with more natural tones/warm colors for at least one palette option.

Lil Piggies
★★★★✩
I may be biased because pigs are one of my favorite things on Earth. So of course I was thrilled to see this item and had to have one. The pig itself is a little cutesy for my taste, as is the item as a whole, but not bad. I do really like the look of the dress, especially the arm mod. It would have been great to get that top half without the dress skirt attached. Especially since, while it looks really nice on a female avatar, it doesn't translate so well to a male one; the cinching at the waist goes in so far that it looks like a male avatar has breasts. I love the effect of a slightly chunkier body type with the mods on this item, though like with the top, the legs don't translate well to a male avatar; in fact, they don't change at all. I know it's just the theme of the item, but I would really appreciate more masculine and gender-neutral pose options in the future, as I like the overall look of this item and wish I could use it in a wider variety of ways. As is, it's kind of limiting. An option with some shorts instead of a skirt for the bottom half would have been great. The option of wearing the hair without the pigtails would also have been nice, especially since the pigtails can be worn separately, themselves. I do like that that's a feature of this item. As for the base hairstyle/bangs, I don't particularly care for it, though. Again with the choppy bangs, I feel like we have plenty of that already and would have loved to see something different, like having the bangs neatly combed up or just not having bangs at all. No issue with the colors except maybe the black/purple palette. Not sure what a better fix would be with the colors being more limited here, but something about a burgundy pig just feels wrong to me. :^P

Merlin
★★★★✩
Love the theme; it's a little cartoonish, but in a good way. For as long as it is, I'd have liked to see the beard be a little less stiff-looking, like billowing in the wind a bit or something. The staff is pretty cool, and I think the color choices for this item work really well with it. I also appreciate the wide variety of beard colors, including natural color options while also matching the palettes. Too bad no light purple beard, though, :'^( My only issues with the item are the stiffness of some of the poses (not just the beard but also the arms on the robe) and the fact that most of them will be difficult to utilize with other themes or items without just going full on with multiples of the same item to complete the set.

Despite my criticisms, I liked this batch of orbs a lot and I love the various takes on fairy tale/story themes (some a little harder to pinpoint than others). Aside from getting way too many Enchanting Displays, I had fun opening them because there were so many great items and so many ways to use them that it was hard to be disappointed with whatever I ended up getting.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.