Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Two Worlds Collide (cashew & blockbandito)

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/28 05:00:06 )

The artist
Note: She drew this character for me while I was at Ernya before it went down, where my username was Banette.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 10:25:26 )
✨✨ πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸ’« β˜„οΈβ˜„οΈπŸ’Ž πŸ’Žβ˜„οΈβ˜„οΈ πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸ ✨✨

When Two worlds Collide
The Lost and Found Chapter

There I see it.. Can't believe the spell worked! I created a door? I expected so much more from this spell and its just a normal door. Nevermind that I have to get out while I still can. I look back and see the ruins of a once beautiful castle, the place I once called my hidy home. I wish I could have seen it before it was demolished by the creatures summoned from the void. Speaking of which I'm getting off track again. I look much closer and I see the creatures of the void floating in my direction. No time to look! They are catching quick and I don't want to be here anymore. A little drowsy from being woken up this morning I stumble to the door and turn the nob. With the door swinging open I can hear the creaking of the door as the opening reveals a forest? Obviously I didn't get the spell right because the door was rotting already and creaking. I step through the door. Or I tried to! What really happened was I fell through the door... with quite a few feet to fall all I can think is I didn't even place the door on the ground?!. "Ouch!!" Getting up and brushing off the leaves and dirt I look around. No way! Is it another person?! It's been so long since I've seen another human being. I quickly turn back to look at the door to make sure that I'm in the clear. The doorway rots and falls to dust within seconds, a result of messing the spell up I guess.. And with that I turn back around and see her. She and her very orange eyes look back at me. She has very pretty brown/orange hair extending down to her sholders, and covering her body is a brown cloak. In her left hand is a bow and arrow and in her right is a large sack slung over her back.
"Hello? I.. I'm in a forest??"
I look around confused
"How did I get here? I'm not supposed to be here I don't think..."

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 10:51:55 )
A loud thud.
A cry of pain.
Confused eyes.

Was he up in the tree? Ambris looked up into the leaves of the nearby tree, eyebrows furrowed. Why? Surely not hunting as well... Why would he be hunting from up-
"I'm not supposed to be here I don't think..."Ambris's eyes fell back down to the lost looking man in her path, remembering his presence only just as his voice finally pierced through her own train of thought. She looked him over slowly, then adjusted the heavy bag on her shoulder.

"Not supposed to be in a tree, maybe, but the forest is free game around these parts. Everyone here knows that but... you don't look like you're from around here..." She narrowed her eyes, not so much distrustfully so much as wary. His clothes were strange, entirely unlike anything she'd seen anyone wearing in her travels, and his demeanor seemed... odd, to say the least. "You lost?"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 11:28:56 )

"I aaam loost? huh"
I say looking down at the grass and leaves.
"I know I'm not in my home anymore thats for sure! AAAANnnn Whats With All This Grass!! I havn't see this much grass since I was just a little kid!"
I say while twirling my finger In the air and steping forward a few paces toward this beautiful hunter. I then plant my feet back on the ground as If could have run into a brick wall and continue,
"How is this grove being kept alive? I've only ever read about the trees and the grass and the forests.."
Speaking of which I should probably ask for directions for the nearest city.. or library I guess.. I could always navigate a library better than any conversation..
"soooooo... I guess I should ask who you are then and do you own this forest? and if so where can I go that isn't forest?"

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 00:39:30 )
He marveled at the world around him as if he wasn't the one thing that stood out, and by the time his glasses clad green eyes found hers, Ambris was sure he was intoxicated. "I don't know what game you're playing at our how much you've had to drink this morning, or-" she stopped, the realization that behavior this unusual couldn't be the result of drink alone dawning on her, "Did you eat the Salmonberries?

Hooking her bow to her back in one swift motion as she marched to stand in front of him, Ambris set her game bag down at her side and firmly grasped both of the strange man's shoulders. She focused on his pupils, searching for signs of hallucinogenics at play. "Small berries that look like Thunderberries except red in color instead of yellow - did you eat any? This is very important so I need you to thing hard"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 01:41:42 )

After looking at the wondrous plant-life and beautiful blue sky I begin to find my bearings. I kind of lost myself while looking at such strange plants. The only plant I remember growing up was a new strand of Royal Lily infused with light magic.. Great for reading but they don't taste very good. Bringing myself back to reality I notice her again and found her eyes so interesting. It was like I couldn't look away, Orange and concerned eyes with such intelligence behind them. "Did you eat the Salmonberries?"What is a Salmonberry?

Suddenly She steps toward me and I flinch. The only time something walks toward me is when it is going to try to kill me. Realizing I'm just being a tad paranoid I ease up as she sets her hands on my shoulders. She's asking me about berries again. Thunderberries? What interesting names for berries.

"I... I haven't ever heard of those kinds of berries.. How do they taste?" I realize I've been looking at her eyes this whole time and I look away and to the left. Am I embarrassed? She has all her attention on me and I don't know how to handle this...

"They're red you say? I haven't touched any red berries" I say trying to get off the topic of berries. I'd would like to find something to eat though.. I'm Staarrving. I haven't eaten today and I'd just like to lie down and take a nap. Who are you by the way? I call myself wizard."

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 03:11:56 )

🍬 π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π“…π‘œπ“…π“…π’Ύπ“ƒ' 🍬

Bewildered, Ambris peered around the tree this strange man came from. "You've never tried Thunderberries and you call yourself 'Wizard'? Who are you?" She wondered, more aloud to herself then to him. She snatched back up her bag with the day's hunt and slung it over her shoulder. "Follow me if you want something to eat and a place to sleep. My friend runs the tavern here, she should be able to help you out."

With that, Ambris started toward the town of Seascape. They weren't far from it, in fact just on the outskirts of it. They would walk into it from the South, and if they walked all the way through town to the North they'd find the Crystal Sea that separated them from the Northern Hemisphere. Lexi's tavern was near the center of the port city where Ambris had been settled down for the past year. At first, the town's vibrancy had been fun and exciting, and even now as she checked over her shoulder to make sure the 'wizard' was following her, the charm of townspeople bustling around and enjoying life wasn't lost on her. But she'd been living here for over a year, and the routine of it all was beginning to feel dull...

Lexi's tavern, Sweet Serpentine, wasn't usually crowded this time of morning, and with someone as strange as her new friend in tow, Ambris hoped today would be no exception.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 04:36:56 )

"I don't really know how to describe who I am, I just am. Just lil' old me stumbling about and going from here to there. Speaking of 'there' you say a tavern? I'd love to see it. Thank you for helping me." I say as we walk. Its interesting being in such a bright world. I don't think I'm even in the same world am I? This place has such a bright sun and since when is the sky blue! It can grow plants taller than buildings and have soo so many blades of grass I can't even count them. It's too bad I have to keep walking, I want to see it all

"I never did catch your name" I say when I see that I'm falling behind. "I would love to know more about you! What do you do here and what is it like living by a forest?" Just as I catch up on her left I look at her. Is this what another Human looks like? of all the things in this forest she has to be the most interesting and most complicated. "Please? I really would like to know."

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 09:46:01 )
"Please?"

The Sweet Serpentine stood three stories of solid oak tall and proud, fading deep green accenting it's outer walls. It was in front of this tavern and inn that Ambris stopped in her tracks at the stranger's words. She turned to him, her face feeling inexplicably flushed. "My name is Ambris... sorry. I don't live in the forest - I mean, I'm not, right now, haven't in over a year - and you are asking a lot of questions for someone who's 'name' is Wizard? That's not a name you know - it's a thing of bed time stories." A bit of his red hair had fallen innocently in front of his face, and despite his being a stranger that she didn't trust herself to trust yet, Ambris felt compelled to brush the hair back out of his face for him. His eyes held what seemed like such pure kindness and inquisitiveness, not unlike that of a child's, despite the fact that the rest of him clearly appeared like a human man in his twenties. Who was this man?

"Lady Rosewater, gracing my tavern with her daily prizes, eh? And who- Oh ho HO! Who have we HERE?"

Standing in the now opened doorway to the Sweet Serpentine stood a woman appearing in her thirties, with wild red locks cascading down her back. While she had first regarded Ambris with a friendly gaze, her eyes now sparkled with fascination as she stared down the man standing there with them. "Please please please please! Please, come in! Oh, come come!"

"Lexi, please!" Ambris gasped as Lexi grabbed her by her wrist and the other guy by his and pulled them into the empty tavern.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/27 08:10:23 )
"Please, come in! Oh, come come!"

"Ahhhhh! Hi there lady! I was hopeful for a second that there would be more people here.. Where did they go?" As Lexi lets go of my wrist I slow to a halt and look around the room. It all looks so different! it's made of wood and not stone and is so cozy with all the chairs that I can sit in and the tables I can nap on! This place is perfect and it's so nice and clean and all intact! "woah, clean!... I'm tired.. Oh! I mean wizard! I call myself wizard" I Lower my sholders in a tired and slightly embarassed manner ".. Is that weird? I don't know weird where I'm from.."

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 21:43:14 )
"Weird, normal, who's really to say what's what? There's a bed upstairs if you're tired from your journey - first door to the left at the top of stairs." Lexi pointed upstairs with a gentle, amused smile. For Ambris, who had dropped her bag on the bar and taken a seat, Lexi poured a tall glass of Fire Pumpkin Ale.

Ambris took the glass in hand, swallowing three fourths of the glass's fiery contents in one go while Lexi peered curiously into her game bag. "He probably doesn't have money for a room Lex," she said, glancing over in the man's direction, "and don't put him on my tab, either. He just fell out of a tree or something. I don't know him." Ambris finished her drink, enjoying the way the cool liquid contrasted with the hot spiced flavor as it settled in her empty stomach, and pushed forward her glass. Lexi was giggling to herself about something, but she never made much sense, so Ambris didn't even bother to ask.

"How could he have money? He just got here! And anyway," Lexi laughed, but then drew closer to Ambris and said quietly, "Kip is a good boy who's been through a lot, seems like." She stood up straight and smiled at Ambris, with a new drink in her hand that Ambris didn't even see her pour. Setting the drink in front of Ambris, Lexi giggled again. "I don't know how he fell out of a tree and landed here, but I'm so happy you'll have a friend!"

Rolling her eyes and swallowing the second drink in a few big gulps, Ambris dropped the cup back on the counter and wiped away some spilled Ale from her cheek. Lexi was whimsical, sure, but this was borderline obnoxious. Friends were people to drink with - there one day and left behind the next. She had plenty of friends every night when she came in for drinks! The suggestion that she would benefit from or even NEEDED the company of someone who acted like they were born on this planet this morning and called himself wizard was nothing short of absurd. "Actually, Lex, I was just leaving town tonight so it looks like he's gonna be your new 'friend' after all." With that, Ambris took back her game bag, now empty of its contents (trading fresh meat for food, drink, and lodging had always been the agreement between Ambris and Lexi) and stood from the bar. "Thanks for everything Lexi. See ya around."

Ambris waved goodbye and snuck out of the Sweet Serpentine, planning to hit the market on the piers before heading out this evening. She had been in this town too long, anyway.
~Happy Pride Month~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.