Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Fox's Future

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 23:32:06 )

She was silent as she looked at the notes she had. She was sure who she was looking for would be here, but there was no way to know completely. Hopefully she wasn’t wrong though… This was quite important. If she was wrong, if her information was wrong, she didn’t know what she’d do. It’d been too long since she’d had somewhere worthwhile to sleep, been too long she’s she’d slept even, and even longer since she’d last had a decent meal.

This was something she needed, and needed last week.

When she saw her target, she let out a small breath of relief before making her way to him. He was sitting at a table in the food court of a rather busy mall, meaning she probably looked like a threat at the moment. She had a dark red sweater on, the hood up, an almost black scarf hiding most of her face, dark shades and gloves as well. In short, she was someone that couldn’t be identified, and she prayed no one would request she DID reveal something about herself. She was terrified to, really.

”Hal Sharp?” She asked after approaching the man from behind. She was certain he was her target, but she couldn’t be sure… she had to ask to make sure. Last thing she wanted to do was assume he was and make a fool of herself, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 23:56:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the man was silent as she addressed him, before turning around and looking at her.

He eyed her for a moment or two, before sighing.

"Yes." he said.

"I am he." he confirmed.

"...oh, and before you ask, Grandma's house is that way." he then told her, gesturing to the left, and then smirking slightly.

"I kid, I kid." he quickly added, before clearing his throat slightly.

"What do you want with me?" he asked her seriously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 00:01:21 )

She was silent for a moment as he made his comment before just sighing. He barely heard the breath, both because of her size (she was quite small) and the fact that the lower half of her face was mostly hidden.

"You own and run a ... haven for those that society deems 'freaks', right?" She asked, her voice quiet so as to not be overheard. He barely heard her, even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 00:15:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp was silent for a moment, as the girl asked her question. He narrowed his eyes a little, before looking around slightly, shifting his gaze back and forth.

".....mm." he mumbled.

"Oh, you need help finding the Pizza Dudes location?" he asked, his voice loud enough that passersby could hear it.

"Sure, I can help with that." he told her with a subtle wink, as he stepped out from the chair.

"Come on, I'll point you in the right direction." he said.

"Let's talk where so many people can't overhear us." he then told her in a VERY hushed tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 00:37:29 )

She nodded as he said what he did, and when he got to his feet she paused.

He was definitely a larger man than she had expected. He dwarfed her in size, really.

"Damn. I really am tiny..." she muttered.

"Lead the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 01:09:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp nodded as well, before taking his garbage to a nearby trash receptacle. Once he'd done that, the two of them made their way outside the mall, and started walking along the edge of the parking lot.

They were still in broad daylight, easy to see, but hardly anyone was around.

"All right." Sharp said.

"What do you know of my Unit?" he asked her.

"And why do you ask about it?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 01:39:51 )

She looked around before sighing.

"I know that the Unit is a haven for those that aren't accepted by the general population." She answered. Her words were serious, but they sounded like they were coming from someone who wasn't even ten.

"And honestly, I could use a haven like that." she then admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 02:05:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp was silent as the girl spoke, saying what she did, in the manner she did, and in the way she did.

'...this child... sounds like barely EVEN a child...' he thought to himself.

"You could, could you?" he then asked.

"May I ask why?" he asked her.

"Why do you need such a haven? Such a safe place?" he asked further. "Not that I do not believe you, or doubt you, but I wish to know who I am dealing with before I make such a commitment, or give a straight answer." he told her.

"Also, to be honest, I have a few MORE questions for you." he then admitted. "...but those can wait until later." he assured the girl.

"Let's stick to what I've already asked."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 03:52:14 )

She didn't say anything for a moment, just nodded before looking around, making sure no one was looking their way before bringing her hands up and taking one of the gloves she had on off a bit. It was enough to let him see that her wrist and the upper part of her hand, was covered with what looked to be extremely short and soft fur.

"Does that answer your question of why?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 04:10:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....it does." Sharp replied.

"I'm parked over there." he told her, gesturing to his car.

"Come on." he said.

"I'll take you to the Unit, and we can discuss this further." he offered, as he started to turn in the direction of it.

"We'd better hurry." he then went on. "Forecast said there'd be rain today."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 05:12:24 )

She looked to the car as she hide her hand again.

".... I really detest being wet..." She commented with a light sigh.

"So yes. Let's go. Privacy would be wonderful for once."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 05:30:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll bet you do." Sharp replied, as they reached the car. He stepped inside and unlocked the front passenger-side door for her. When she got in and put her seatbelt on, he started the vehicle up.

"All right then." he said, pulling out of the parking lot.

"It's clear that you DO need a place." he went on.

"But do you have nowhere else?" he asked her.

"Not even your parents?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 05:31:18 )

She was silent before biting her lip slightly.

"No... I can't go back there." She stated.

"If I do, I'll only put them at risk." She added, but didn't say anything more.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 05:43:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Hal was silent for a moment, and then sighed.

"I see." he said.

"You intrigue me with that statement, but we'll talk more on it later." he told her.

"Let's go with a simpler question." he said.

"How about your name?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 05:57:45 )

"Peyton." Was her answer. It wasn't a full name, but at least it was something. HJe had something to call her at least.

"Peyton Carter." She added after a few more seconds of silence.

"Anything else..?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:13:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Peyton." he said.

"And no. We'll talk later in my office." he told her.

The rest of the drive was in relative silence, with some small talk and minor conversation, before the vehicle pulled into the parking lot of what looked to be a very large and imposing office building.

"All right, we're here." he announced.

"Come on, let's get inside." he said, turning off the car.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:19:45 )

Peyton nodded as she climbed out of the car and closed the door. She looked up toward the building and just sighed lightly. After Hal started to head to the building, she followed, her steps a bit on the hesitant side. She had no idewa what it was that was going to be inside, after all, but she did know that there was a degree of definite unease and hesitation to her steps, her pose, everything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:35:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smirked to himself as he noticed Peyton's unease.

"Heh." he chuckled under his breath.

"Don't be nervous." he told her, as they entered the security section, where Peyton saw someone sitting behind a deck, their upper section hidden behind a newspaper.

As soon as she stepped in, however, her animal instincts told her there was another animalistic presence in the area... and potentially a dangerous one, too.

That was when she heard a few short 'sst' sounds, and the man behind the paper spoke.

"Fox." was all he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:38:34 )

"Fennec." Peyton corrected before freezing for a fraction of a second. She sighed a moment later though.

"Get it right." She added, her voice almost... lacking. There was definite unease and trepidation there mere seconds ago, but now? Now she seemed to be accepting of whatever might come, and not entirely sure if she should consider herself safe yet or not.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:55:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man behind the newspaper chuckled, before lowering it slightly and looking at Peyton, the girl seeing his definitively reptilian eyes.

"I know." he said.

"Saw you looked like you were hiding many secrets, what you are one of them. Wanted to see if I could get you to correct." he told her, a smirk in his tone.

"Hey, boss." he then greeted Sharp.

"Jake." Sharp responded with another smirk.

"Someday that's gonna get you in trouble." he told him.

"Someday." Jake agreed, putting the paper down. "But not today." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.