Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Trump declares emergency for more wall money

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 22:32:56 )
President Donald Trump will sign compromise spending legislation that would avert another government shutdown and declare a national emergency to get more money for a border wall from other parts of the federal budget.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action - including a national emergency - to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

Read the rest of the article here

Yeh wow.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 23:47:10 )
If you pray, say a prayer for our country and strap in for the next protest cycle peeps. On the off chance that someone in a high spot in another country's government is reading this...halp, I guess? I dunno how we're going to stop this guy. All we can do is try. (And sign every petition to impeach QAQ)
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 23:51:31 )

Yeh I don't think he won't unless people are going to impeach him.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/15 00:54:32 )
Regarding impeachment, here's an interesting read: X
AKA Count Trashula

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/15 01:36:15 )
    Yikes.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 07:49:45 )
SirLionelNigelConrad:
The shutdown is a complicated issue. Both parties are equally at fault.

The Democrats could have given him the money, seeing as their leadership also previously voted for a very similar barrier in the recent past, and knowing that he can get the funds anyway. Instead they decided to make the republicans look bad by not going forward.

The Republicans also are at fault. Trump wanted a shutdown to make a statement and was eager to see the Democrats refuse to compromise. If the Democrats put up the funds, which he would get anyways, they could have stopped the shutdown. Instead Trump's base is very happy and energized.

The idea of a wall is complex. A wall alone is useless. You need to watch it. Israel has both a wall and active monitoring and it works very well. We haven't really discussed that second part here in America.

Ultimately it is a national crisis that we do not control who comes into the contract like country. President Clinton, his wife Hillary, and President Obama have all stressed the need to control immigration and stop uncontrolled access. Trump in using it as a campaign issue has polarized it.

Regardless the issue will be addressed. Both parties support it. One party pretends to not for optics.

Thank you for breaking this down so nicely. A lot of people just don't understand the actual issue and statistics, and let their emotions drive their reactions to it.
i'm a rascally rabbit
rap game bugs bunny

horsey facey

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.