Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent h e l p (needles)

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 12:13:39 )
To clarify, I am not afraid of needles. What I'm afraid of is giving myself a shot. And even so I have been doing this every week, sometimes twice in a day, for over a year, lately I've been having a lot of trouble taking my shots. I get so nervous I'll sit there for hours, just trying to make myself do it and chickening out at the last second, over and over. It's driving me nuts.
Someone please distract me and make me feel better so I can get this done and go to bed! I have work in the morning and I can't go to sleep until I take my shot. :'( I should have been in bed hours ago already.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 12:52:00 )
well nobody ever talked to me but i finally got it done, and because i was nervous it went in crooked which hurt and made it bleed all over the place, great :^) i'm sure this won't add to the shot anxiety at all... fml

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/15 00:53:35 )
yeah I have some trouble with it too. for the time being, my mom does it for me, just so I don't waste any time sitting there doing nothing. .-.

no idea how to overcome that anxiety though...

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/15 01:52:45 )

Honestly, the best way to overcome that anxiety is exposure, probably.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/15 02:06:38 )
How much more exposure can I get? I do this every week, sometimes more. :^( It's only sort of recently gotten this bad and I don't really know why.

Someone suggested just walking away and coming back to it; I guess that's the best I can do.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/17 10:55:51 )
@Uncledaddy: Maybe associate it with something good like reward yourself everytime you do it by maybe sitting down and doing something you like. (Maybe watch some tv, play a game, do online shopping or eat something good). I used to tell myself I couldn't have a nice hot shower if I didn't work out first so I ended up working out even if I hated it.

I am not sure if this will help you but that's how I would handle it if it were me. I hate needles too and if I had to stab myself with one I would be super anxious as well. Hell I couldn't even give myself eyedrops. I needed someone to help me with that coz I would hold my breath trying not to blink and pass out.

Always ping me please.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/18 01:41:28 )
gonna try to make it a routine; that also helps. I'll just add "post-shot treat" to the routine lol
Something about the idea of literally injuring myself just doesn't sit well with me, I guess. I don't mind when other people give me shots.
AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.