Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent Random Freebies

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 08:35:55 )
Ok, I really need to come on here more often, but I've just been busy with work and other things.

First things first, I just got a new drawing tablet on my tax return! I need to get used to it, so post your OCs or avatars. I'm a bit tired of Gaia avatars for the time being, so only Voltra avatars or avatars from other sites.

Main Rules
- Say thank you when I give you a freebie, I am doing this for free.
- Bases are being used, either personal or a base I found online. I am using some bases by Silhh on dA.
- This isn't first come, first serve. Inspiration will jump out at random. (Mostly since I have a really bad art block at the moment.)
- Here is a link to my discord server! Please let me know that you came from here when you join. :)
- Please provide a reference. Do not say, "My current avatar." I must have a reference.
- No cluttered or noody avatars. If it covered up, either by the top or bottom areas (swim suit, bra, ETC.), then it is fine.
- Try to keep all images in a spoiler. ^^;;
- I will probably be reusing this tread in the future, so rules or samples may change over time.

Here is a sample of what I've done recently.

Ok, done talking for now, post! I'll probably be talking to myself or dumping random doodles that I finish off in here later.... Maybe....

Edit: I draw on my chromebook at work, so you might get some sketches from that too.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 11:16:42 )

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 12:08:44 )

Was trying out a new art program.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 13:51:44 )

@DragonicKittens: which art program did you try?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 20:21:13 )

@DragonicKittens: Do any of these interest you?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/7 23:35:57 )

@Tuijp: I was trying out Krita. Its pretty interesting, but I'll have to see about looking at the pressure settings. It was pretty difficult to color in something when it was saying the brush size was 40 but it ended up being a 10 or lower due to my pen pressure. I don't wanna feel like I am digging into my new tablet. XD Plus I don't wanna wear down the nub.

@dragoness129: I can see about doodling one of them. :)

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 02:00:35 )

Thanks! I wanted to provide a lot of references in hopes that one would stand out. ^_^

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 02:23:01 )

All good dragon. :) If I don't see any thing else on my thread on Gaia, I'll see about doodling more of yours.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 03:39:36 )

@dragoness129: All done

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 04:26:08 )

That is super adorable! I LOVE it!
Thank you so very much!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 06:16:57 )

Glad you love it, Dragoness. :)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 09:24:33 )

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 10:00:13 )

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 14:05:42 )

@DragonicKittens: I tried that one before but didn’t really like it.
If you want, I can set you up with sai.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 16:07:31 )

@Tuijp: I have Sai, but if you have any advice for some brushes, I'd really like it. :) The only two brushes that seem to do ok for me is the pen brush for sketching and outlining, and the paint brush for coloring. The two brushes I was using for sketching with my mouse was lead and marker (I think). But lead is a bit too light and I don't wanna have to press too hard just to make lines. ^^;;

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 17:24:16 )

Posted a link to my discord server.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 12:52:06 )

@DragonicKittens: for lining in sai, I use the ink layer. That gives nice lines, without needed to sketch.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/10 07:09:31 )

@Tuijp: I'll have to do that then. :) I have been using the ink layer for my chibis for my mouse since it gives a nice bold outline for it. Plus it makes the line art much cleaner and put together.

I did fix my issue with Krita, but I ran into another issue with it. Turns out that it doesn't have anything for clipping groups. =_=;; I really love the brushes for it since one of them had like a starry like brush, but the clipping group is my best friend when it comes to any small details like gradients, small details, make up, or the occasional shading. I did look up to see if there was a way to do something similar, but it just gave me a BS excuse for their masking layers which doesn't have the same effect. :/

Voltie — Tenno Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/10 11:37:00 )
I noticed something pretty interesting. The eye styles really changes the chibi entirely. :D
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/10 11:51:10 )

I just wanne say your art looks really cute :D

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.