Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Sketchbook Hunt

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 20:29:04 )
So, I’m almost 3/4 of the way through my sketchbook which means it’s time for me to go on a sketchbook hunt. I usually get mixed media sketchbooks because I love my alcohol markers and watercolours. However I haven’t found one I have liked yet.

I have tried chanson mixed media (current) about 3 times now. The paper feathers the marker so bad and in general I just hate the look and quality of the sketchbook. I tried strathmore mixed media and it’s just far too cottony for my taste.

The only thing I have enjoyed drawing and sketching on has been my Fabre castellated mixed media Bristol sheets. But there are few sketchbooks with similar paper quality. I have bumped into other artists on here so I figured y’all may have some favourites for me to consider?

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 06:03:58 )
@koneko: I have tried that. xD I mostly do thin layers just to do some thumbnails but like... I dunno. I just never really cared for thinner paper. It doesn't feel as nice to draw on.

I haven't tried the 138lb artbook by canson yet. Only their 98lb and I haaaate it so much. I dunno if I am the only one who gets paper rage, but I can draw on printer paper for sketching and be happy. Can't draw on the 98lb candon mixed media without absolutely gritting my teeth. LOL.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.