Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Healthier, more natural living

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 02:27:01 )
Basically right now my life sucks and so does my health, most of it for reasons which are beyond my control. At least some of it is on the path to changing for the better, however, which will make transitioning into a healthier and more natural lifestyle much more doable. In the meantime, I'm working my way toward improving what I can and learning things for the future, even if I'm not able to use them right away.

This includes pretty much all aspects of health both mental and physical, as well as home living and consumer choices that are more cost-efficient and eco-friendly.

Small steps that I can take in my current situation:
-For my physical health, I've been reducing animal products and added sugars in my diet and moving away from anything artificial in both food and bath/body products. I'm going to try to get more exercise outside of work (even so work is physically exhausting, I don't like sitting on my butt all day when I'm off).
-Mental/emotional health is a trickier one. Stress is my number one problem right now, and there's not much I can do to reduce or avoid it. My job and living situation don't afford me much human interaction, much less positive interaction, so attempting to be more active in online communities and spend more time away from home (not including work) when possible is about the best I can think of.
-As far as lifestyle goes, there's not much I can do since I don't have my own house, but I do recycle when possible and try to be mindful about the things I use/buy.

So who else has an interest in more natural approaches to health and lifestyle, and what do you do (or want to do) about it? If you have resources or information to share, those are also welcome.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 04:00:15 )

@Uncledaddy: you are doing awesome. I would also recommend drinking more water.
I play Pokémon go to keep myself more active. Do you think that would help?if not you could make yourself do jumping jacks. 306

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 07:23:49 )
I appreciate y'all's input! I'm gonna be looking into some of this stuff. Wysa in particular sounds like something that'd come in handy; never heard of it before.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 09:47:59 )
We’ll carry on

@Uncledaddy: a big tip for your mental and physical health:

Walk

Walking half an hour a day reduces stress and it will make your physical health also better.
First I thought that was a load of bs, but I tried it and it works. When you’re really stressed, you can walk faster in the beginning and get the stress out.
I walk, with my dog, for at least an hour per day now and I feel way better than before.

For the food: make as much as you can from scratch. I’m in a country that is in the top 5 of the most strict food laws, but, when you check the ingredients online, you’re still shocked.
Get a cooking book and start trying things out. That way, you’ll know exactly what’s in it and it’s fun to do.
If you can, go to a farmer (walk to a farmer is even better), and ask if you can buy some of whatever they’re making.
It cuts the middle man away, saves money and you know what you get.

When tou buy things in a shop and you have waste of it, ask yourself what you can still do with it.
F.e. I reuse the plastic cups for food preparation. I clean them out and, when I cut up veggies, I use them to keep together until I start cooking.
You can also use them to grow out some seeds. When you clean the veggies, don’t throw the seeds away, but save them. Later on, put some dirt in the box, add seeds, put them in the sun and water them once a day.
Free, home grown veggies without chemicals!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 21:36:43 )
I definitely plan on growing my own veggies when it becomes possible. That, and whatever else I can manage with the space I'll have. Probably some herbs, at least.
AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.