Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Don't Sleep. Don't Dream.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:01:37 )

She was silent as she stood there, staring at the ground in front of her. There was a stone tablet there, a grave.

He'd been one of her best friends.

He'd been one of the few people that she'd actually been able to get close to, one of the few that were a-ok with the no-touching rule she had. It was refreshing,a nd he was a rarity.

She couldn't believe he was dead. He was only 19. How the hell was it that he'd had a heart attack in his sleep? That didn't make any sense, and it was something that she didn't dare let sit as it was. There was something about the details that was far too ... unusual. It seemed no one was willing to admit that painfully unlikely that he would have died as he did. There was no way that it would be left by the wayside by her. She'd put her own time and effort into it, because honestly? It did not sit well to her. He had been in nigh on perfect health.

She made her way back home after the funeral and burial. Kicking her shoes off and making her way through the house, she just sighed lightly.

"Hey kitty." She said to the white feline that came to say hello to her. She had no idea if she was home alone, but at the same time didn't really care.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:18:30 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The snowy cat mewled quietly as she spoke to her, before rubbing up against her leg. Either she wanted attention, could sense that Miki needed comforting... or maybe both.

That's when she noticed that the shower was running.

That meant that Ty was home. He said there was a chance that he would be, but it depended entirely on a variety of circumstances.

"Hey, kid?" she heard him call out, the running water turning quiet.

"That you!?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:24:18 )

"Yo!" Miki called as she started to make her way to the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. AS it stood, she really did need some caffeine, considering she hadn't slept for long at all recently. It was something she hadn't thought much of, considering how she was used to it, but it still wasn't pleasant. Which meant she needed a caffeine fix to stay up lately. She was dead tired, but for some reason she couldn't sleep. If she went to bed, she'd be there for quite awhile before just giving up and getting up again.

Once she had her coffee in hand, she made her way to the couch and grabbed her laptop. She had some research to do.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:35:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 5 minutes on the couch... with the white feline making a place on her lap, and then settling on right up against her when Miki kept moving her, Tyson showed up.

He looked a bit damp, still, but he was mostly dry, and dressed in loose-fitting casual home clothing.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"Sorry about not being able to go with you." he apologized.

"You holdin' up all right?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:36:47 )

Miki looked over.

"Hey." She said.

"I'm all right. And it's all right. You didn't really know him." She then said.

"I handle deaths better than one would expect." She then said with a shrug.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 04:59:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....fair enough." Ty muttered.

"Still, it's good that Hal's given you a few weeks off if you need it." he told her, sitting down beside her.

"Was thinking of ordering in tonight." he said. "Any requests?" he asked her.

"And what are you looking up?" he asked further, glancing at the screen.

'...looks almost like a list of obits...' he thought to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 05:17:25 )

'I could go for some quality Italian." Miki answered as she turned back to her laptop.

"And checking something. I seem to be the only person who is even admitting that Trevors death is unnatural, and quite suspicious." She then answered, a bit of a growl to her voice.

"It's rather infuriating, actually." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 05:38:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson was silent for a moment, and then sighed.

"Indeed." he said.

"I DO find it a hard pill to swallow that a male just beginning the prime of his life, in shape, with no health issues, and no real vices would simply be claimed by a heart attack." he agreed.

"But what do you hope to find?" he asked her.

"Also, Italian? Sure thing." he said.

"I'll order from that one place that practically knows us by name." he added with a light chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 05:43:51 )

"I don't know what I'm hoping to find." Miki answered simply.

"I am merely hoping to find Something. I'd be happy with almost anything by this point, to be perfectly honest." She added after a moment.

"The issue, is that there's very little out there for me to find at the moment." She then said. "I'm just going to have to keep looking for the next bit. Because this can't be natural."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 05:57:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Tyson sighed.

"Well, I suppose that'll be a use for your time off." he said.

"Let me know if there's anything I can do to help." he told her.

"Or if you find anything." he said further.

"Anyway, I'll phone in the order." he went on.

"Want me to feed the furball?" he asked, gesturing to the purring cat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 05:58:54 )

"Yeah sure." Miki answered.

"Call it in and put some food down for her. She's probably getting hungry." She added.

"Meanwhile, I'm going to continue attempting to hunt out any sort of information. I seriously hope I can find something, because this can't be right."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 06:26:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll let you know if I hear anything as well." Tyson replied.

He then got up and made his way to the kitchen. After a couple of minutes of shuffling and clinking about, she heard the crinkling of a familiar bag.

The little white cat picked up on it as well, her ears twitching.

She suddenly rose to her feet, and jumped off the couch, rushing toward where the voice had come from.

"Half a portion, as usual?" Ty called to Miki.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 06:32:14 )

"Yeah!" Miki answered as she continued to read, and scroll.

When it came to about the time for the food to arrive, she was silent, completely, before pausing.

"Ty!" She called. He had walked off to check on something.

"Trev wasn't the first."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 06:37:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about a moment, Ty hurriedly returned.

"Eh?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked her.

"There's a number of things you could be talking about in terms of his death." he told her.

"And just saying 'a mysterious and suspicious and unnatural' death really isn't anything." he admitted.

"But what have you found?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 06:40:09 )

"As I said, he wasn't the first." Miki repeated.

"There was a teen by the name of Cecelia Harris that had died last month." She added before pausing.

"The cause? Cardiac Arrest. In her sleep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 07:01:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Ty mumbled.

"I see." he said.

"Any other similarities to Trevor's death?" he asked her.

"Or another situation of a perfectly normal person with a healthy life, and no reason to have a heart attack?" he asked her further.

He was then silent, and seemed to be in deep thought.

"Though, two deaths to sudden cardiac arrest within a month IS suspicious..." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 22:27:10 )

Miki nodded.

"Precisely." She commented.

"So I'm going to be watching for more reports of deaths like that. That can't be natural." She then said.

"No matter what anyone else says, that can't be."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 22:58:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty was silent for a moment.

"Well, that's why the Unit exists." he said.

"It's our job to find out what's out of the ordinary, and deal with it." he reasoned with a shrug.

"And if more of these cases crop up... then that just bolsters your suspicions." he reasoned further.

"For now, can you take a break to eat?" he asked.

"The food's due here any minute." he said.

"And I got those breadsticks you're crazy for."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/6 01:57:40 )

"Yeah.... yeah I can." Miki answered with a nod.

"Doubt anything more can be found tonight anyway." She added after a few seconds.

---

It was about a week later when Miki had come across a few reports of people dying in their sleep - when they truly shouldn't have. It was starting to puzzle the authorities as well. No one was doing anything about it yet, though.

So she was bringing it to Hal, to see if it had come through to him yet. If not, she was going to give him the information and see what would happen.

She had no idea, but all she could do was try. At least for the moment she was still on time off for if she needed time to grieve her friend.

"Hey Jake." She said as she stepped into the entraceway.

"I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I gotta talk with Sharp. Mind letting me in?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/6 02:33:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake peered at her over his newspaper, and sighed.

"Well... strictly speaking, you ARE allowed to be here." he told her.

"Just not as an employee." he clarified.

"That being said, gimme a moment." he told her, before picking up his desk phone, and making a call.

"...hey boss. Miki's here. Yeah... yeah... I know, but she says she needs to talk to you. Yeah, she said 'I gotta talk with Sharp' verbatim." he said into it. "...all right then." he finished, hanging up.

"In ya go." he told her, pressing a button and unlocking the door.

"Sharp's waiting for you in his office."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.