Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hey I'm new! Nice meetcha~

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 03:50:09 )
@Totalanimefan:
Same hahah
We got other skills that'll keep us alive for sure! :D

@Saeyra:
I love fantasy books! I was half influenced by DnD and Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth. I played a bit of DnD & Crusader Kings 2. My favorite RTS games were Stronghold & AOE--which are old as well. I have such huge respect to folks who play DnD. It's super time-consuming and little details that make the game-story so alive!

@strawberry:
Thanks! It's all thanks to Totalanimefan! qwq so nice

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 03:58:17 )

Come Post Count With Us! / In Both These Threads!
(with a referral contest too!)

Welcome to Voltra!
It's wonderful to see another new face!
I am an avatar site addict myself.
Hope to see you posting around!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 07:31:47 )
@dragoness129:
Thank you!!
Yeah haha

Donator — ghost Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 07:43:49 )

@Curry: hey welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here!!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 10:04:26 )
@Ghostie:
Thank you so much!
I really appreciate it!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 11:40:00 )

@Curry: Yeah DnD is so much fun! Its so hard to be able to get people to play it though. Scheduling always kills campaigns. Have you tried the new 5th edition? Thats the one I play. I also watch Critical Role which is professional voice actors playing DnD.

And yep I used to play Stronghold and especially AoE alot. There is this new RTS which is pretty cool and made by the same company as Crusader Kings 2 called Stellaris. You basically have to conquer your galaxy and its multiplayer too!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 11:59:04 )
@Saeyra:
Forreal! Sometimes I get burnt out in the middle of shorts because of that.

I'm not sure if it's the 5th edition but I went through The Curse of Strahd twice (the shorts). I'm still a beginner. I started playing DnD only 6 months ago and only been in 2 games. I've seen Critical Role a few times when it was being streamed. I have a hard time watching because I prefer to actively participate.

Oooh, I've heard of Stellaris. I'm not really big on sci-fi/space styled games. Do you use Steam for the majority of your games? I've played Northgard which is a similar RTS but I just can't with slow pace of the game these days.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 12:06:51 )

Better late then never but welcome on here :)

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 12:11:30 )

@Curry: Yep Curse of Strahd is a 5th edition one. I really wanna play that but havent found a DM who is hosting that kinda game. So far I have only played homebrew campaigns. Do you play on Roll 20 or in RL?

Yep I am on steam, their servers make it much easier to play multiplayer games haha. I will check out Northgard to see if I like it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 12:26:48 )
@vengeance:
Thanks haha

@Saeyra:
That sounds interesting! How are homebrew games are like?

I play on Roll 20 as I have yet to find a RL game before. It would be nice if I was able to find a RL one for the big experience.

I'm also on Steam but I mostly play Dota 2 and tons of survival games.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 13:25:28 )

@Curry: well homebrew campaigns are very reliant on how good your DM is at telling stories. Some are a hit, some are a miss, it is also alot of pressure for the DM to prepare more content every week I think. I found my group by joining like 9 different DnD discord servers until I finally found a group that played in my timezone. I also play on Roll 20, its a pretty cool site.

I do play Dota 2 as well, its probably my fave MOBA currently. I do think they are abit stingy with their rewards for winning though compared to others haha. What kinda survival games do you play? I used to be heavily into ARK and DST for awhile.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 14:51:36 )

Come Post Count With Us! / In Both These Threads!
(with a referral contest too!)

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy the site!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 21:03:23 )
@Saeyra:
Wow, I originally thought homebrew was something similar to making cool maps that I see sometimes circulating the web. Good to know it has more than just maps haha. Discord is awesome because I don't use the voice chat on Roll 20. It's a bit weird for me.

The rewards really are stingy! *coughs* Frosthaven p2w *coughs* It feels that way ever since they introduced the Dota Plus system. The game is difficult. I've been playing for 5 years but I haven't "git gud" yet. I've been into Conan Exiles, DST, No Man's Sky, and The Forest. I hop around a lot. I got DST recently from the steam sales as a gift. I'm still learning the ropes there! How is ARK? We have a lot in common. We should play together sometime! :)

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 21:39:19 )

@Curry: Haha well if you make your own campaign you are gonna have to make your own maps. Honestly though some people make a living out of creating maps on patreon. Seems like a fun job

Ark is really fun, you die alot in the start but playing with friends is pretty awesome. I had this one game where we ran into the rarest "dinosaur" in the game which is actually a unicorn in the first 3 days! It was so pretty!! It leaves rainbow hoofprints when you ride it. Only one of these spawn in the WHOLE world and we found it!

I have been told to play Conan Exiles but I never tried it yet. My hubby owns No man's sky and he says its pretty good now. I am Saeyra on steam too if you wanna add me. Though I haven't been playing much and probably wont be for awhile since I am preparing for a long trip. Gotta get all my work done haha

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.