Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It's been a while...

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 13:41:36 )

Hey there, I just got back after being gone for like 8 or 9 months :D Hopefully I'll be more active this year...
Anyone wanna chat? ;u; And out of curiosity, what's the longest break you've had from here or any other avi/forum site?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 14:40:02 )
We’ll carry on

From here? Aside from the black out? Like a day.
I keep taking breaks from gaia, but I always go back at some point to see the drama that is going on,

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 14:59:04 )

@Tuijp: I'm going to be trying to stick around more frequently this time and not disappear for months again XD I kept forgetting to check after the black out and the one time I did I forgot about it again ^^;

I don't really have anyone I talk to on gaia anymore, and the forums there are a bit much for me, so I don't check anything there that often... ^^; I basically log in to change my outfit once in a while and then leave XD

Now that I think about it I'm not really sure if any of my buddies from syndrone are even on here anymore, so I might be starting from scratch in terms of friends ^^; granted I only talked to like 3 people then, so not like I had a lot either...?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 15:14:37 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: I do the same in Gaia, but also lurk the forums a bit just to read the drama there.

That is the best time to make some new friends! I found out, over the years, that events are the best way to meet new people on a site. Nobody minds it when you just drop into a thread and start chatting, since that will also allow other people to talk more and earn more event currency.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 15:20:20 )

@Tuijp: What kind of drama goes on there? I definitely don't keep up with any of it XD

That's definitely true! It helps that everyone I've come across here (so far at least) is pretty friendly too ^w^ Only downside for me is I've always been a bit shy, I don't usually go into other threads until I've been invited by someone ;u; me and my hardcore lurker tendencies...

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 15:23:15 )

@SamSpyroxis: Welcome back! I made a gaia account like 10,000 years ago and only peep in every few months but usually never post anything. I hope you make some friends here, you are right there are alot of friendly and nice people around

Always ping me please.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 15:24:25 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: one time, they resold the golden halos for $1,000 each.
Right now, they are begging for donations to keep Gaia alive.

There are many people around who prefer to lurk and don’t go into threads.
I just go in when I like, but then again, I also just walk into the houses of neighbours without knocking (I should start doing that, because I’ve seen more than I’d like)

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 15:38:11 )

@Saeyra: Thanks for the welcome! And I'm the same way with gaia XD

@Tuijp: Holy crap o.o And people actually spent that much on an item???
I think I saw that (glanced over an announcement about it earlier?) but I wasn't paying much attention at the time ^^;

Lol, yeah it'd probably be a good idea to start knocking in that case XD I'll eventually break out of my lurking ways again I think, just... not immediately XD It took a while on Syndrone when it was around, but since I've done it once before I'm hoping it'll happen again, maybe even a bit sooner than last time too ;u;

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 16:01:43 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: yep. Several people have bought it. I heard there were at least 5 who bought it.

By now, I’ve seen it all really, so no more surprises there.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 16:11:54 )

@Tuijp: That's insane o.o I mean I could understand more if that's how much they'd spent in total on a bunch of items, but for just one...? That's insane.
My first thought is how many art commissions I could buy with that much XD Or like... ya know, something you can physically hold rather than just stare at some pixels...? XD

I guess that's good in a way? XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 16:14:54 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: it’s almost 2 months rent for me. There are way more things I’d rather spend 1k on than just a few pixels.

My old neighbours also learned to be more careful and lock the doors.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 16:37:59 )

@Tuijp: Whoever bought 'em must just have money to burn I guess... Or at least I hope they did

Lol, yeah. I'd be more careful about locking doors if I were them too xD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 16:41:58 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: I hope so too but I have no idea

When they moved, one if them thought back on all the things I’ve seen if them and he was pretty shocked when he thought about it

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:13:56 )
@samspyroxis: welcome back! I’m pretty faithful with checking in on 3 of my avi sites? I forgot I had a Recolor until a few days ago though and that one said I’d posted last 48 months ago? 😂

@tuijp: I totally remember the 1k halos! It was during a Black Friday sale! I thought it was a huge joke, but then people actually started buying them 🤦🏻‍♀️

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:18:57 )
We’ll carry on

@Lizard Breath: I was on another site at that time and people moved over to it from Gaia. They told me about the halos and first thought they meant 1k gold, so I rushed to get one, but then I saw it was 1k dollars.
I then also that some were already sold. I was shook.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:39:46 )

@Lizard Breath: Oh wow, I forgot about recolor! I used to be pretty active on there before I found Syndrone (which is no longer up, which was part of why I came here)

@Tuijp: Lol, yeah that'd probably be my reaction too if I were them XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:41:36 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: not my fault they never heard me come in

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:47:42 )

@Tuijp: lol, that could be debatable. Then again, I've scared several people without meaning to just because they don't hear me walking up to them... ^^;

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 17:51:04 )
We’ll carry on

@SamSpyroxis: it’s very easy for me to sneak up behind people

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 00:31:33 )

@strawberry: Thanks!
Yeah, I used to jump on and off gaia quite a bit too, but I don't think I was ever gone for more than a few days at a time until they got rid of zOMG? Once that was gone I just kinda stopped going since that was all I ever did on there XD
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.