Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 12:26:01 )
We’ll carry on

As some of you know, I have Marfan Syndrome. Some of the things that come with it are bad joints and scoliosis. While most people with scoliosis have 1 curve in their spine, I have 2 (had to be extra special >.>).

Yesterday, I had a few things to do. I went to get groceries (on my bicycle because I have no car) and, because it was my dog’s birthday, I walked to a pet/plant store nearby to let her pick out some treats. There, I saw that their Christmas trees were cheap and I had enough points saved up (for every € you spend, you get 1 points. Every 250 points you have is 2,5€ discount) to get it even cheaper.
I paid for the tree, walked the dog back home, went back on my bicycle and walked back with the tree on my bicycle.

This morning I woke up and man did I regret doing that all yesterday.
My pelvis hurts, my back hurts, my shoulders hurts and my ankle hurts.

So here a request to you all:
Next time I plan to do something like that, please punch me (but not in my stomach, already had that (my stomach, not my belly) split open before), to stop me from over doing things.
Also, please can someone decorate that tree for me? The lights are already in and the Christmas balls are sorted on colour.
Alsø please make me some coffee;c;

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 12:37:15 )
I'll make some coffee! I was made for this.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 12:48:15 )
We’ll carry on

@Glume: bless you!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 13:12:30 )
I wanna decorate. D:

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:14:29 )
@Tuijp: Sounds like you shouldn't punish yourself for yesterday!!! You did what you had to do and got things done well so the pain is worth it!!! It's like how I almost cut my fingers and badly bruised my hands setting up a small Christmas tree for my grandmother the other day!!! You shouldn't ever undersell or oversell yourself, I readily think you've got whatever life throws at you and that's amazing!!! Also, I don't plan on driving either, too much pollution and trouble and it's just boring to me. Walking/biking is far more tiring but far more amazing and you can explore nature very heavily then!!! We as humans do not need cars, we need hope and spirit!!!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:18:08 )
We’ll carry on

@Ixora: perfect! I got rainbow lights and Christmas balls ready. You just have to hang them in.
While you do that, I’ll go on with making the tree topper. Only have to crochet a star and make a face on the angel.

@Inspire: I could’ve waited with the tree for a few days. I could’ve know it would give me all sorts of pain today.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:36:34 )
@Tuijp: Alright :D
Aww I wanna learn how to crochet too.

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:39:08 )
@Tuijp: Ahhhhh but that doesn't matter!!! What matters is that your dog and you were provided for and everyone needs that!!! A lot worse things could happen in the next couple days if you haven't!!! Remember, good for bad, bad for good is how karma and life work!!!!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:47:08 )
We’ll carry on

@Hazer: make me a bath? O=}
@Ixora: I can teach you, while you are here
@Inspire: with my messed up body, I often feel like must’ve done something extremely bad in a past life.
Joints dislocating and randomly hurting, bad back, a heart that sometimes does a metal drum solo.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:50:08 )
@Tuijp: ah yes please master XD
But I already know how to make a chain...
I tried making a scarf but I messed up with the counting or something and it was all wonky :<

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:55:32 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Ixora: I had that before, when I first started. Now I can almost do it with my eyes closed.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 14:58:54 )
@Tuijp: goals. So I guess it just comes with practice...
I'll definitely need to pick up the hooks more often.
What stuff have you crocheted?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:37:52 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Ixora: I’ve made all sorts of things. From socks to hats, from a koala teddy bear to a huge dinosaur plushie and everything in between.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube, explaining step by step how to do it. I learned most of it from there.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:40:56 )
@Tuijp: ah yeah. I learned mostly from youtube.
Awww. I wanna make plushies one day but maybe a decent scarf would be the 1st goal 😅

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:42:33 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Ixora: making a scarf is pretty mind numbing. With plushies, you have to pay attention.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:45:25 )
@Tuijp: ah but I feel like I need to practice making the loop thingies even. And also practice the movement thing

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:47:31 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Ixora: a plushie has the stitches as a scarf xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 15:50:33 )
@Tuijp: the same kind? See I don't even know what stuff is called XD
Or I was counting to make sure my scarf was even but then idk how I mess up ; __ ; I just wanna make decent stuff DX

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 16:02:13 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Ixora: keep practicing and you will get there.
I practiced a lot last year, after surgery. I wasn’t allowed to do much, so I just practice crochet. Result was a bunch of plushies for charity and baby shoes for the hospital.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/5 16:06:21 )
@Tuijp: awww that is nice tho. I wanna give them out as gifts as well.
I will proudly share when I make a scarf that isn't crooked :D

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.