Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Cirque ad Infinitum Act 13: In the Wake of Butterflies

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:32:51 )
It's hard, that's why.
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:32:57 )
YOU HAVE FOUND THE ERMINE JOURNAL...

Another old page, although it seems to be more recent than the first. While still a child’s writing, it’s a little more refined now. The pages are dated to nine years ago.

August 9
We started performing together on the street for money and… it’s a lot of fun! I’m glad people don’t think I’m weird. Lin’s really good at attracting a crowd, but it’s kind of embarrassing too, having so many people watching. I’m glad Lin doesn’t mind when I hide behind him. He never makes fun of me for it so I don’t feel as bad. He’s really nice.

Berinhard’s been doing better too! Arika’s been taking care of him. He’ll become strong soon. Ran can do really cool moves, and Connie’s really good at making people laugh even if she’s fussy sometimes. I’m happy we’re all together!

You see a vision of the troupe as children, performing amateur versions of their act on a street corner. A crowd is entertained, and Io hides behind Lin, a small but genuine smile on his face as he watches his friends.

August 13
Ran was feeling sad today so I wanted to do something nice for her. There’s a butterfly hair clip in the shop window down the street I want to buy for her. I saw a vision of her smiling, so I think it’s the right choice.

August 14
I found Ran crying and decided it was a good time to give her the clip! She let me put it in her hair and I told her it looked nice on her. She seemed really happy about that, so I’m glad she likes it.

August 18
I had a vision Berinhard fell off the swing earlier and hurt his knee badly. So I told him not to go on the swing today. He thanked me and patted my head. It was kind of embarrassing but nice. I’m glad he’s okay!

You see Ran curled up in a corner, Io knelt before her. Io gently places the butterfly clip in her hair before giving her a warm smile, and she blushes, smiling back.

Prepare for another clue...

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:33:22 )
Ooh! I found it! It sorta makes sense. o:

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:34:03 )
Jesi Says --->

where was/is it? (at least the general forum sobs)

~LittleWhiteDragonlet~
Voltra Art Shop ~Open~ | Avatar and Art Gallery

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:35:15 )

littlewhitedragonlet, think of games, and which game do take a train to where you have neighbors.
also a game where you're the mayor. that's my hint. XD

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:35:40 )

I'm glad I'm not the only one failing miserably at this.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:36:01 )
Aw, that's sweet. ; w;

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:38:53 )
FOURTH JOURNAL CLUE

"The stallion had a secret sweet tooth it wanted to indulge. It went to market, and found a baking shop.
It wanted to order a dozen pastries, but they only had eleven left."

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:40:34 )

Found Stallion

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:40:46 )
Jesi Says --->

You have found Stallion. Return it to the thread

~LittleWhiteDragonlet~

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:41:56 )
Jesi Says --->

bold of you to assume I know anything about games XD;; the only games I play are Pokemon Go, Sims, and Dream Daddy sobs

~LittleWhiteDragonlet~

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:41:57 )
Stallion should check back in there now.
They have a baker's dozen ready now.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:42:46 )

bit slower, but at least i found it x)

pls don't

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:43:10 )
Found it too~

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:43:21 )

@littlewhitedragonlet: Same goes for me.

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:44:31 )

littlewhitedragonlet, i was hinting at the game animal crossing. XD

also y'all are quick at finding the stallion book.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:44:34 )
Well, think of a game known for its neighbors/villagers?? I've never played the game myself..

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:44:53 )
How could you, Zuzu! D:<
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:45:41 )

@Zuzu: I don't play Animal Crossing, I never would have gotten that.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/8 01:47:08 )
YOU HAVE FOUND THE STALLION JOURNAL...

In slightly better condition than the previous pages, this one was dated for six years ago.

February 9
Something strange happened.

It was snowing out and I didn’t want to catch a cold, so I stayed in while everyone else played outside. I was sitting in the playroom watching them from the window when I heard a man’s voice talking to me. I turned around and there he was! I didn’t even hear him walk in.

It’s really weird… I remember seeing him. He dressed really fancy and he was smiling a lot. But I can’t remember what his face looked like at all, no matter how much I try. It just.. Looks like a blur in my mind when I try to picture it. It was only an hour ago, too.

There’s a lot of adults who come here looking to adopt kids so I thought he was here for that. But he just told me that he’s been waiting to meet me for a long time. He introduced himself as Veles but I don’t know anyone by that name. He told me we’d be meeting again… and then he left?

I don’t understand why he came here, but I feel nervous about it...

You see Io sitting against a window as a tall man looms over him. You can't make out his face either, merely the idea of a face. The only detail you can make out is a toothy smile as he bows towards the boy. There's slight worry in Io's bright eyes.

Prepare for another clue...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.