Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Legacy Of Y's

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 16:55:17 )
Anyone heard of Legacy Of Y's? It's one of Falcom's best series and it's on mostly Playstation Consoles. It's a highly underrated series and it's one of my favorites. I feel it deserves a lot more attention than it gets currently. My favorite title in the series was Memories Of Celceta on the PS Vita. I am at the final boss but haven't beaten it yet.
A new game in the series: Y's VIII Lacrimosa Of Dana came out on the PS4 and is due to be released on the PS Vita on September 13th. I heard the PS4 version is much better and has more content but I do not own a PS4 but I do have a Vita, so I preordered that.

So, have you heard of Legacy Of Y's?
Also, do you have a Vita? I'd like some friends if you want to add me.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 17:00:12 )
Hmm. Ys Seven is part of that series, correct? I've been wanting to play a Ys game for quite a long time now, and that one recently released on Steam. I'm VERY tempted to buy it.

What turned me on to the series to begin with was that the localization team behind it is responsible for the Trails' series which I adore.

Sadly I don't have a Vita, but I really want one because of Persona 4 Golden. I just don't have the money to spare for the system just to buy a few games I'd want to try out. It's a shame, too, because I have a 3DS and it lacks all the JRPG goodness I enjoy.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 17:10:58 )
@Dowan: Yep! Ys Seven is part of it. Playstation is selling retro Ys games on the Vita, like how Nintendo does "Virtual Console" and sells games from NES, SNES etc. I bought Ys Seven on my Vita and I've not started it yet.

I think you should try it. : ) It's not turn based, just a heads up in case you weren't sure of that. I feel like XSEED is a pretty good company. : )

Yeah, I feel ya. That's why I bought the PS Vita version rather than buying a PS4 and getting Lacrimosa Of Dana on it. The 3DS has good games but you're right. It's not the best in the JRPG library department.

If you end up buying Ys Seven on Steam, let me know how you like it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.