Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Looking for a recommendation for a good casual game on Steam.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 03:30:29 )
I currently only play one game in my Steam library, and that's Stardew Valley. I absolutely adore that game because it's simple, easy, casual, and doesn't stress me out. Well, the fishing part of it does because it's impossible for me to do lol.

I'd like to expand my Steam library a little. I currently have 32 games, but literally only have two actually downloaded haha. Stardew Valley and Golf With Your Friends. I love games like Portal, Scribblenauts, Battleblock Theater, and Animal Crossing because they're just fun little things to do that waste time and they're not hard at all. I don't like MMO's, first person shooters, stealth games, or any games that are difficult to master because I'm a super casual gamer and I like my games easy so I enjoy them.

If anyone has any game recommendations for me to try on Steam please let me know! I'd like to try to play something other than Stardew Valley haha.

Here are the games I already own:.
I really did not like Skyrim, Cities: Skyline, Starbound, and RWBY.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 03:58:52 )
I think you might like My Time at Portia or Slime Rancher.

Stardew Valley used to take up most of my time, now it's My Time at Portia. The game is still in alpha but you'd need at least 50 hours of gameplay I think to finish the current storyline and even though it's not a farming game, it gets compared a lot to SV but it did a lot of stuff I wish SV had.
Slime Rancher seems like a first person shooter (I don't like FPS games either) but it's just cute and adorable and... super adorable. The downside is the story is pretty short (about 9 hours of gameplay) but of course there is more to do and more to unlock even after the story.

Idk if AER and Rime might also fit your taste. Both are exploration and no-combat games.
AER is very, very short (around 5 hours of gameplay) and there really isn't much to do after you finish the story. Since it is SO short, if you're gonna get, I recommend getting it only on sale.
I just bought and started on Rime so I really can't tell you much about it rn ^^;

edit: Adding to my recommendations, House Flipper and Viscera Clean-up Detail.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:27:18 )
I'm currently jamming to some Frostpunk, and a little free game called Crossout.
Crossout is a post-apocalypse style multiplayer online driving game that lets you build your own cars out of junk and scrap. Great for wasting a few minutes as most matches are pretty short.
Frostpunk is also post-apocalyptic, but its more of a survival simulation. Your job is to keep people from losing their cool in -60°. In my game, I'm becoming a religious zealot to help persuade my people we are doing much better than it seems.
Shoot, I could recommend good time wasters for days. WE SHOULD TOTALLY BE STEAM FRIENDS, then you could just browse every game I own.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 21:43:05 )
@Ixora: The art in AER looks very nice from what I'm seeing, so I may give that a go! I actually just bought Slime Rancher last night after I posted this thread haha. I just haven't played it yet! It's a good thing there's a Steam sale going on right now!

@Glume: Hmm, Frostpunk doesn't seem like something I'd be into checking out the Steam page, nor does Crossout. But thanks for the suggestions! My Steam name is saigma! Feel free to add me! ^w^

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 21:50:41 )
@iggy: AER is definitely fun and flying around is very relaxing.
Ooooh. Have fun. I actually hadn't touched Slime Rancher in a while but since I replied I ended up playing quite a bit XD
It's nice to play Slime Rancher every now and then because there are seasonal updates which let you collect decor :D
Oh yeah, Steam sales hurt my pockets TT__TT

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 21:55:31 )
@Ixora: I'll probably try out the game this weekend when I have time lol. The only real time I buy games on Steam is during their sales. I'm not paying full price for anything. xD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 21:59:02 )
@iggy: Same! The only game I paid full price for was Stardew Valley XD Worth it anyway.
Funnily enough, I also have exactly 32 games in my steam library lol.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:01:50 )

I am not a big casual gamer on my PC besides some facebook games but here are some fun and simple ones:

• Offspring Fling!
  • Dyna Bomb
  • Little Briar Rose
  • Alice's Mom Rescue
  • FEZ! (10000000000000000000000% This game is so super cute)

About Fez it's a puzzle game and the further you get the harder the puzzles get.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:17:47 )
@Hazer: I just purchased it! I'm going to be trying out my new games this weekend haha. Thanks for the suggestion. ^w^

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:23:00 )
@Ixora: I think I did pay full price for SV too. But I've gotten more than my money's worth out of that game haha. Who's your favorite villager btw? I've grown incredibly fond of Shane in my time playing.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:33:46 )
@iggy: jksdhfjdgf tough question. I like a lot of them. I like Shane, Penny, Emily and Clint but I guess my favorite would be Evelyn XD because I think she is just the dearest XD
I need to get back to SV too since I haven't gotten around building a house for a certain villager D:
Any villagers you don't like?

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:37:05 )
@Ixora: I don't particularly dislike any of them really, but I suppose out of all of them Alex is my least favorite.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 22:46:12 )
@iggy: I dislike Alex
he orders a salad for his date and a steak for himself >.>

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/5 02:25:56 )
@xirin: I have Don't Starve Together. I'm not really a big fan of it but I play it with my friends when they want to play. We play with RWBY mods though lol

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.