Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Meaning of Humanity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 04:43:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Pin just smirked.

"Excellent." he said.

-A few months later-

The complex was in chaos. Aila's cousin had come to the building for business with Pin again, but today was the day that had been set by the Triad.

All of the underlings had been taken down, all of the 'clients' had been taken in, and now Aila was looking right at the Pin, while her cousin was laying on the floor between them, having thrown himself in a flurry of sharp wind 'blades' that Pin had thrown at her.

"...good riddance, damn fish." Pin growled, before looking at Aila.

"And YOU." he growled. "You traitorous freak." he snarled.

"No matter. I can start again. I've done it before. I'll disappear and show up elsewhere."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 04:46:15 )

Aila was silent before just pinching the bridge ofher nose.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really." She then repeated, this time not as a question.

"I'm not a traitor to you. Never had any real allegiance. But fuck, one would think they'd actually send a PROPER team to deal with someone as high key as you are." She then snarled.

"Because honestly? This is pathetic. I guess the Triad is strapped for people."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 05:12:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Pin just laughed a little when he heard that.

"The Triad is still a mess of red tape and bureaucracy." he said with a smirk.

"Regardless, I had intended to take you down with that attack, but HE got in the way." he went on, jabbing his thumb at the lantha on the floor.

"Oh well. Triad can take HIM instead of me." he shrugged.

"Let him take the fall. He's a big deal as well, so it should be a big enough carrot for them to catch and nibble on." he reasoned, as they heard numerous footsteps rushing towards the room they were in.

"Guess it's time for ME to take my leave." he finished, as wind started to swirl around him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 05:18:21 )

"Eh, so be it." Aila said before he felt her vines suddenly piun him in place, thorns pricking him and the mana he'd been bringing forth to vanish.

"Know what? They wanted you alive, but it's been so long since I've been able to... get my hands dirty." She cracked her knuckles here, the vines acquiring darker veins.

"I'm guessing you'd wish for it to be fun, of course." She then said before throwing a seed into the floor ahead of him, causing dirt, soil, to form and a bud to sprout.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 05:41:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Pin cried out as he felt himself stuck by the vines.

He then looked at the bud, and narrowed his eyes.

"You little..." he growled.

"You have no idea who you're messing with." he told her, but found his words meant nothing. He couldn't move, and couldn't use his mana.

"...what is that?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 05:45:22 )

"A poison of my own creation." Aila answered as she stepped up to him.

"My name is Ailinadravaia Verian, and as a result, I am extremely proficient with poisons." She told him, her voice dark, almost quivering as if she was barely stable at the moment.

"So I used one I've been working on for a few weeks now. It numbs your mana, so you can't even feel it. Prolonged exposure? It'll make you completely mortal."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 06:14:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....what!?" Pin exclaimed.

"NO!" he yelled, as he tried to yank his legs free, but found him stuck where he was.

"No, DAMN IT!" he cursed, as he tried desperately to use his mana to attack her, to escape. But found he couldn't.

So he simply extended his arms out, and grabbed her neck.

"I'LL STRANGLE YOU!" he declared, as several Triad agents burst through the door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 06:18:34 )

"Feel free to try.' Aila stated.

"Maybe I shoudl just snap your neck myself. As I said, has been quite awhile since I was able to get my hands dirty." She said with a shrug before crossing her arms below her breasts.

"Because honestly? playing clean is ... so boring." She di9dn't even pay any attention to the Triad agents that had made their way there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 06:34:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Agent Aila!" one of the agents said.

"Our orders were to take him alive!" they told her, as they aimed mana right at Pin.

"Release her! Now!" another ordered the man.

"Release her, or else you WILL die by her hand." they then added.

"....." Pin was silent for a moment, seeing that he was clearly outnumbered and outgunned... before letting go of Anna and raising his arms in the air.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 06:56:18 )

Aila just laughed. The fact that she'd been grabbed really hadn't fazed her, at all.

"Awww, you don't want to play with me?" She asked, tuanting him, but not moving away from him either.

"That's disappointing. Don't you make a game out of playing with those that you wish to 'punish', as you said you wanted to?" she was ignoring the others that had arrived, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 07:05:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I always thought you were on the creepy side." Pin said to Aila.

"This just proves it." he went on, as the agents got closer.

"Agent Aila, step down." one told her.

"We'll take it from here." they said.

"This one is 'The Doc'!" another said further, referring to the downed lantha.

"He's injured, but alive." they told the others.

"...how fortunate. We'll take him with us." the first one commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 07:07:34 )

"Oh spare me." Aila half snapped.

"Seriously." She added before smirking toward Pin.

"The damage is done, though." She then said.

"You've been there long enough, I don't think you'll ever regain the use of your mana." She told him, her voice calm.

"Do have fun with your mortal life." She added, before stepping back to let the others deal with him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 07:25:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The agents restrained Pin, and were taking him away, as others checked over Aila's cousin.

"...looks like he sustained some serious injuries." one commented.

"We'll take him to the Triad HQ for medical treatment, and then he'll need to be taken to the higher security restraint floor." another said further.

"Agent Aila, please report back to the Head." they then said to Aila.

"She'll want a full report of the events that have transpired." they reasoned, before pausing.

"Also... mortal?" they asked.

"You robbed the Kingpin of his mana?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 07:32:21 )

Aila watched Pin be removed before looking to the one that had inquired about the mana.

"He wanted to try and leave with his mana." She stated.

"I used vines that the thorns excreted a poison that wound numb his mana." She continued before shrugging.

"He kept trying to attack, as I'm guessing you could tell by the fact that he'd grasped me, so I didn't remove the vines. The length of time may have stripped him of use of his mana - permanently."

"I dunno."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 07:36:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I see." they replied.

"Well, report back to the Triad." they told her.

"We'll take care of the lantha, and clean up here." they said further.

With that, they carefully lifted the downed male up, who was still barely conscious.

"...heh..." he chuckled.

"Guess this is is for me." he said to Aila.

"Was nice to meet you, while it lasted." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 08:35:51 )

Aila looked to the one who claimed to be her cousin, before sighing. She would have to see if she could do something to help him, although she wasn't entirely sure. Part of her was thinking just because they were family, and there was one thing that she did have in common with most other lantha.

She valued family.

Even if he hadn't proven that he was someone that she could trust, at least not yet, not completely, she figured he deserved to have the chance, if nothing else.

She just waved before vanishing from where she was, appearing where she was intending - at the Triad. She knew that she needed to speak with Sydney after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 19:57:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The agents watched her disappear, before they disappeared as well with the lantha.

---

His injuries had been healed, he was back to 100% in terms of his health, but it was little consolation to him. He had been fitted with a special collar that stopped him from using any of his unique abilities, and his leg was chained to the wall beside him. The chain was long enough that he could move about his cell, but that was about it.

"...suppose this day had to come sooner or later..." he muttered.

"But at least she's not actually in that dreadful business." he told himself, referring to Aila.

"There are worse things that working for the Triad." he sighed, as he awaited his final judgement.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 22:11:53 )

He was left alone for longer than he was aware of. After a bit, there was someone else that was outside his cell, and it was probably someone that he hadn't expected to see.

"Rene Calder." She said, since he'd given his name when he was booked.

"You're one I've had my eye on for quite awhile, to be perfectly honest." She added, her voice rather candid.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 22:30:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Rene mumbled, glancing over towards the one that had spoken.

"Well, well, well..." he said.

"Seems the Head herself has come to see me." he commented.

"Suppose I should be honoured." he then said further. "After all, I'm just some lone straggler of a dead species that was peddling on the streets." he snickered darkly.

"Come to deliver the verdict yourself?" he asked her.

"And what do you mean by you've had your eye on me for a while? What does THAT mean, precisely?" he asked further, his curiosity peaked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/27 22:33:26 )

"I've been watching your progress, your process, your ... just you in the medical field." She stated.

"Was trying to figure out how to approach you and not have it seem like it was bad news." She paused here, smirking

"Seems you made it that I don't need to worry about that, all by your lonesome."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.