Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Help me sort out these clothes

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 10:54:37 )
We\'ll carry on

The clothing fair is tomorrow and I need to sort the clothes I have, want to get rid of and will most likely sell.
It’s for autumn and winter clothes and I have 3 jackets and 2 pairs of shoes that will definitely go.

But now for the rest...

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:06:14 )
So I used to work at a thrift store... I have a mountain of clothing... well, more like several mountains in several strategic locations all over my apartment. I actually went through it all recently and got rid of the stuff I never wear. Two large trash bags full. I still somehow have several mountains of clothing, most of which I never wear, and I don't know what happened. I'd offer to help, but I'm apparently worthless at not hoarding apparel.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:08:12 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: I have a few things that I think you would like actually. I had a skirt in my hands earlier and first thing I thought was “Glume would like this one”.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:10:53 )
@Tuijp: Aw, Even my online friends wanna pick out clothes for me <3 I used to have folks do that to me a lot and I'm just like "I'll rock ANYTHING." ...and everything. All at once. I dressed like a navy-blue garden yesterday to inspire the sun to come back. It did not work.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:13:08 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: let me send you a pic of the skirt over discord. I used to wear it a lot because it’s comfy and you wear it formally but also informal.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:19:14 )
I can get over the mild school uniform vibes because I know they never would have let me wear a skirt that short at my highschool. Tall girls get all the gruff.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:31:24 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: it's knee length for me and I'm tall

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:06:03 )
@Tuijp: They were strict at my highschool. I frequently got flagged for wearing the exact same thing as my peers.... probably because my schools staff was a bunch of perverts and sexualized my child-self. We had at least one teacher get fired for having relations with a student and a few that disappeared with no explanation but we all had a pretty good idea. BUT I'M GETTING OFF TOPIC. The strict dresscode of my childhood perfectly explains why I dress like a fool now: I missed my experimental phase and I'm all up in it now. I can't let go of clothing because I always only had five of the same thing.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:15:46 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: I had that phase in college. I was in college in Amsterdam and no one care how you dressed. Basically a green light for me to go all out.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:21:35 )
@Tuijp: Its weird because the more outlandish I dress, the more compliments I get. I fought so hard to fit in back in the day and I shine so much brighter as my freaky weird girl self. LIVE YOUR DREAMS, PEOPLE!!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:24:21 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: I never tried to fit in because I knew I didn't. Fitted in with some crowd in elementary, but we all turned out to be the same kind of weird people. When you go to a rock or metal concert around here, you will bump into one or two of them.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 13:20:52 )
@Tuijp: I became goth the day one of the popular girls offered me a fake makeover in middle school. She did my makeup all in horrible blacks and silvers BUT THE JOKE WAS ON HER. I looked amazing.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 13:23:47 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: I ran away from their attempts for a make over. I cycled 10 miles to and 10 back so my muscles were doing great.
They never managed to outrun me.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 13:32:27 )
@Tuijp: Bonus points to you then. I bought into the hype for far too long.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 13:43:25 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: I didn’t know I was trans, but I did know I hated people touching me to ‘make me pretty’

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.