Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I feel kinda hopeless right now

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 11:27:16 )

And I don't know what to do. I had a job but ended up at home because I got back problems from work. Turns out my back isn't fit for that kind of job. I am really trying to find a new job but it's not going anywhere :( Not a lot of jobs are available right now for me to apply to. The only jobs that are wildy available are the ones that are no good for my back. So I feel like I got no choice but to go back to my old job.

I had a job interview a couple days back and afterwards I was happy because I though it went really well. However I got called a couple hours later, being told I did not get the job because they weren't happy about the interview. I just don't know what to do at the moment. I really don't :(

And no I do not want to go back to school. I also do not have the money for it. + I am 29 so I just want to work.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 12:18:31 )
I recently had a lot of job problems myself. I was a retail manager for a long time, then I was unemployed for months and could not figure out what I was doing wrong. My disability also limits my search criteria so I completely understand where you're coming from. I even got a job that I never got to work at because they put me in an impossible situation when they learned of my disability. BUT! I did get a job recently, so I know you can too! What methods are you using to search? Do you have a resume?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 13:35:59 )

Yes I have a resume. I even have my own website since I'm a designer. I search each week at our largest job search websites. Sometimes there are enough jobs I can apply for but right now jobs are slim. I also don't have a car so I do everything by public transport. Meaning I can only work in the larger cities. I will go the employment agenies again next week. But from what I've seen on their websites it's all jobs that are not an option. So I really hope they have something else as well.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/21 14:38:55 )
I've had the most luck going places in person on top of applying. I go in first and let them meet me before the application or interview process. I let them know I'm about to apply and to keep an eye out. Then, after I apply, I call them every other day until they set up an interview. I also don't drive so it makes it a lot harder, but I let them know that and I let them know I make it happen and am always early or on time. Being annoying has gotten me the most interviews and eventually hires... but thats just my personal experience. People who say its easy to get a job are some lucky folks... if anyone actually is hiring, chances are goo lots of people are applying, and being qualified means a whole lot less.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 00:56:56 )
Good Luck @vengeance. I am currently looking for a job as well that caters to people with bad backs as well.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.