Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I can't seem to get over him.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:46:23 )
There's this guy at my new school who I have a crush on. (I'm gay and he's straight by the way), He blocked me on Facebook, but sometimes he would tease me and "flirt".

It annoys me so much how he keeps playing with my emotions, making me believe he likes me. I hate the feeling I get when we get shipped by our friends, it feels like a huge slap to my face. a huge slap reminding me that we'll never be together, no matter what happens. I hate how shy I get when I'm around him, to the point that I can't even look at his face.

Why can't I seem to get over him? Please.... I don't want this anymore, it hurts liking, "loving", someone who will never have the same feelings for you.

I'm sorry if my English doesn't make sense, I'm just writing what I have on my mind right now, I really need someone to talk to.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 20:33:03 )
You said you're 18, turning 19?
Is this high school? Or Like, university/college?

Either way, you should probably ignore/avoid this person if possible.
You said yourself that you know he's not interested because he's straight and has blocked you on facebook.
When they tease you by 'flirting' it's hurtful for you, yeah?
You don't deserve to be played with emotionally.

And yeah, ask your friends to not tease you with the shipping as well.

Also, try to find a new love interest. Someone that you know shares your sexuality.
Maybe finding someone else for your affection will help you getting over this guy you're having trouble with.

Your English is perfectly fine, dear.
I'm curious as well, where are you from?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 22:54:45 )
@Cookie: I've started ignoring them a few weeks ago, not responding to their chats, plans to meetup, etc. And I could try that, but knowing me I would crack immediately after a few hours.

@Rallaa: That would mean ignoring my friend group if I want to avoid him (which I'm doing right now), and as for the idea of finding a new love interest, here's the problem, I have many guys who are interested in this piece of meat that is me, but it's either they're HELLA older than me, I don't like them, or they have a serious relationship with a friend that I care about (yes, I've had men with husbands chase after me)

Also, I'm from the Philippines, not sure if you're familiar with the country/

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 23:11:47 )
@Lady Turnip: Do you not have options to look for outside of those guys you're not interested in though?
Places to mingle?

I'm not very familiar with the Philippines, no.
I am an uncultured American who can barely name a handful of places on a map. :viosweat:

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 23:14:26 )
@Rallaa: How stupid of me for that to never cross my mind lmao, and the Philippines is a southeast Asian country.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 01:52:57 )
@Lady Turnip: So you got any ideas on where you could mingle?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 01:54:33 )
@Rallaa: Either Grindr or Tinder, but most guys there are just looking for sex tbh

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:00:58 )
@Lady Turnip: Yeah, those types of apps, that tends to be the case. Or so I've heard.
I don't have any personal experience with dating because I've only ever been in two relationships. A short high school thing, and my current one.

Rather than looking for "dates" you could look for making some new friends.
And eventually a new friend could become a new date potential?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:02:59 )
@Rallaa: Exactly why I'm at Voltra riht now. I'm looking for new friends to distract me lol :P

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:06:08 )
@Lady Turnip: Well hey, that kinda thing worked for me.
I met my current girlfriend on another avatar site.
Funny thing is, we met on there because we were both crushing on the same guy. lol

Though Idk if there is anyone else from the Philippines on Voltra.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:08:01 )
@Rallaa: That's ironic and I kinda have a bad thing with long distance relationships tbh

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:17:11 )
@Lady Turnip: Bad thing?
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/2 02:53:41 )
Unrequited love is painful. You need to tell your friends to stop and you should probably tell him that as well. I'm not sure if your friends truly understand the intensity of the situation. I know that you're at a new school, so I'm not sure if you have connections other than them. But branching out could help.

Also, this guy needs to respect your feelings. If you tell him to stop and he won't, you should do what is best and remove yourself from the painful situation and stop associating with him until he can comply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.