Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Mandatory Boku no Hero Academia Thread.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:19:33 )
BnHA brought the swag back to shounen.

Talk all things PLUS ULTRA right in here. Discuss favourite characters, ships, and theories.

My favourite fan theory right now is that Dabi is Todoroki's estranged older brother.

What do you guys think?

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:34:32 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Favorite character: Tokoyami

Favorite theory: Deku had a quirk before one for all and his doctor stole it with help from all for one.

Your theory: I HOPE its legit/great potential for plot thickening.

Curious: who do you think the U.A. traitor is?
(I've only watched the show, not read the manga)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:41:01 )
There's actually a lot of canon evidence for Dabi being related to Todoroki. More of it is in the manga than the show, but they made an effort to show that they could be connected in the forest training arc when they really emphasized a tension when Dabi said Todoroki's full name. Now, all the characters are semi famous and knowing Shouto's name wasn't strange, but how he said it was.

I don't think there's a traitor so much as an infiltrator with a quirk suited for expert recon. We just saw a shapeshifting quirk in the newest tournament arc, so there's definitely quirks like that out there.

And Tokoyami is underappreciated and underrated.

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:59:33 )
I really need to start catching up on it xD
Its been quite a while since last time i read the manga

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 09:01:42 )
@Raxton: I am currently reading it and I just finished the sports festival arc in the manga. You definitely get a bit more character development and insight in the manga, but I noticed some things the anime expanded more on as well. I like both of them together.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 17:02:18 )
I love the BnH manga.
The Gentle arc was awesome.
It was silly, but still super intense. Made me shed a few tears.

I've heard that Dabi theory before. Sounds pretty plausible.
I don't really have any theories myself.

Have you read the Vigilante prequel spinoff? It's really good too.

Also frog girl is best girl.

You got any fan characters or quirks?

I think it's cool how people's quirks can combine when they have kids.
I wonder what would happen if Toru Hagakure (Invisible girl) and Yuga Aoyama (Laser belly) had kids together.
Cuz invisible girl's power apparently has elements of light manipulation.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:20:50 )
@Rallaa: Haha I know all the names and quirks, even of Class B. I was really stubborn and obsessed over learning them. I frequent the wiki all the time lol.

I have not read the vigilante spinoff manga yet, no. Or BnHA SMASH.

Right now I ship Bakugo and froppy pretty hard. People ship him with Ochaco probably for the quirk matchup and because they think it would match up like his parents, but I hate that pairing.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:38:04 )
@Fai: I thought people shipped Baku and Ocha cuz they wanna cuck Deku.
How would their quirks be good together? Explosive sweat + Anti gravity = ???

I'm hyped for Shinso transferring to the hero course.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:46:05 )
@Rallaa: It would allow bakugo's quirk to be better used airborne than it is right now.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:47:24 )
As for Shinso transferring in, I'm not sure he'd be transferred into this year's group. He'd be next year's group. He was kind of a one-shot for plot purposes when it came to the tournament arc to solve some math related issues with pairings. Many tournament arcs have those characters.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:55:50 )
@Fai: idk about that.
It's been mentioned by Deku himself recently that his fight with Shinso is when he first saw 'the vestiges'
And the most recent chapters make it seem like he's gonna become even more of a significant character.
It seems like he's being personally trained by Aizawa, possibly so he can catch up with this year's hero classes.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:58:08 )
@Rallaa: Sometimes authors bring back characters if they were more popular than expected. We'll see. I wouldn't mind having him back. I liked his concept. Especially when he talked about how nobody could ever really see his quirk past the applications that could be used for villainy, yet he only truly ever wanted to be a hero.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:04:02 )
@Fai: Yeah, he's a really cool character.
Also this

If I were to ship Bakugo with anybody, it'd be Himiko though.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:06:13 )
@Rallaa: Bakugo is an asshole, but he's genuinely a hero. He couldn't go with Himiko cause she's a villain. He'd just put her down. Physically. He has no qualms against being rough against a female opponent.

Also that's one choice meme.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:11:46 )
@Fai: Who is your favorite/s from class B?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:16:39 )
@Rallaa: It's hard to say cause there's literally no development on more than half the class. Out of the few we know /anything/ about I really like Kendo because she made a seemingly worthless quirk into something she can use creatively and effectively and has a great personality. Shiozaki is pretty cool and was supposed to be in 1A initially, but the author thought drawing her hair all the time would be a nightmare. Awase also was pretty cool in the forest training arc.

I'm really miffed we don't know shit about Honekuni because he ALSO got in on recommendations, like Momo and Shouto.

Kuroiro looks like he might be their "Bakugo" character cause he looks like he's always mad. I'd like to know more about Tokage, Rin, and Kodai as well.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:17:27 )
Manga Fukidashi is just purely a joke, but I'm really curious what sorts of powers he'd have where he could have passed the entrance exam, considering Shinso failed.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:34:20 )
I really like Pony and Neito. They make a great comedy duo.
I'm imagining Manga as being a Deadpool like character.
Maybe he has the power to 'make things like a manga'
So he defeated robots by 'setting a manga scene' of himself defeating one?
Or perhaps art related abilities like Sai from Naruto.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:44:19 )
@Fai: Why would Kendo's quirk be seemingly worthless? I mean, maybe if her hands grew but she wasn't able to move them cuz they're too heavy.
But it seems like she can control them just fine.
Not counting combat, her quirk seems really useful for the search and rescue aspect of being a hero.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 07:30:33 )
@Rallaa: Manga is just so ridiculous that I'm sure the author has some sort of justification to have him qualify to be there, and it's gonna have to be hilarious. I can't wait for it. I like when he's in the background though and his face says bad words in the manga lol.

Kendo's quirk is a strength augmentation quirk that has weird limitations. Like she hadn't make her whole self bigger, just her hands, and she has super strength to go with it. She learns to make her quirk useful, which I like about her. Kodai is interesting though cause her quirk makes her like a better Mt. Lady. She can make herself big OR small, but we haven't seen much of her.

Honekuni we just seen make quicksand, but I am sure he can do a lot more than that.

Neito's quirk is OP as fuck.

I unno I'm just craving class B. I was depressed in the hero license arc when they separated the classes cause I knew that was just a cop out not to show class B the whole time.

SPEAKING OF THAT ARC. How the fuck did Tokoyami end up being one of the last who passed with his OP as Hell quirk? It's like they just kind of forgot about him the whole time and threw him in at the end. Maybe he just wanted to make sure the rest of his friends made it before moving on? Idfk.

Art by Robyn.
--x--
I'm @supereffective.fireblast on instagram

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.