Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Crazy shit, literally.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 08:16:03 )
So I knew I had some form of Bipolar (runs in the family right along side schizoaffective disorder) for ages, but didn't really go and get help managing it because I thought that meant some kind of failure or whatever, you know? So I was going to do that M Y S E L F.

Well, as time progressed, relationships became more toxic, school became harder to perform in, jobs became harder to hold, society became harder to function in. But I was doing fan-fucking-tastic, of course.

Ultimately a toxic living situation had my crazy ass doing a bunch of bad shit to all sorts of people until eventually I was standing over my room mate and her boyfriend while they slept with a knife ready to slit their throats in their fucking sleep. They weren't great people, and definitely antagonized my symptoms intentionally up to that point -- but that's a whole nother ball game.

Anyways I snapped myself out of that shit, walked two hours to a doctors office and waited for it to open, haggard as fuck looking. Within days I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and put on some major antipsychotics so... you know... I didn't murder people. Apparently that's a thing.

Also abandonment issues are a thing and made me pretty easy to exploit.

Moral of the story: Don't try to manage your own mental illness for ego purposes. Use real support systems so you don't try to murder fuckheads in their sleep or something.

Feel free to vent any mental illness nightmare stories you might have.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 16:55:17 )

Wow, I'm glad that you decided to get help! That's a big and important first step. I'm seeing a therapist right now, and they have really helped me.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 17:42:45 )
My girlfriend's stepdad is on anti-psychotic medications.
He sees things and has homicidal/suicidal tendencies, and PTSD from being abused as a child.
He has a notebook of drawings, of the things he's seen while hallucinating.
Stuff like demons and reapers.
He says they'd taunt him and say how they'd kill him and the people he loved.

He's really chill and mellow most of the time now, but for a while back he was off his meds cuz he couldn't get in to see his therapist for a some time due to vehicle issues, and then he had to re-apply to get his particular therapist back.
It's not like he was constantly trying to kill people or himself while off his meds, but he was constantly on edge and ready to start fights with strangers if he was ever out of the house, so we had to keep a close eye on him.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:17:20 )
@Totalanimefan: That's some good stuff. I like to call them life hack dealers.

@Rallaa: So since schizo affective runs in my family, that can happen to me. I used to mess around with substances as a kid, trying to fit in with the other kids messing around with them or something. Anyways, apparently any kind of psychadelic can kind of turn on schizophrenia if you have it, even if you don't normally exude symptoms, THC being one of them. I was seeing demons and shit all over the damn place for weeks until a doctor told me about drug induced psychosis. So I can tell you that shit is suuuuuuper scary when you experience it, and I really feel for your girlfriend's step dad as someone who can relate. :C

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:24:18 )

@Fai: That is truly what they are. I'm hoping to change my insurance in Nov, so that it will be covered.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:26:37 )
@Totalanimefan: You could change your insurance to being Canadian.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:29:00 )
@Fai: Thankfully for him, weed doesn't induce those problems, but helps him cope.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:30:40 )
@Rallaa: It wouldn't since he already has them.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:39:13 )
@Fai: Well I mean, there could have been a chance it could have aggravated the symptoms rather than alleviating, right?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:48:40 )
@Rallaa: If he has prescription marijuana, he likely has CBD base and not THC anyway. Even so, the drug induced psychosis happens when THC is used up after being stored in your fat cells, not when you're smoking it. So I don't know.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 20:50:18 )
I cannot confirm nor deny a prescription.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 21:29:38 )
@Rallaa: It doesn't matter, it just changes the likelihood of being CBD based is all. CBD to my understanding doesn't hurt, but I don't know that much about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/27 23:21:35 )

@Fai: That would be great, I wish that I could. I live in California though. Through work there is a cheap, and expensive option, and I thought why pay for the expensive one when I do really go to the Dr and I'm healthy. That was last year. This year I started going to see someone in July, and it's out of pocket.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 05:51:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I live in Saskatchewan and I pay for.... Chiropractors and uh... Glasses? Dentistry outside of general cleaning.... And yeah that's it.

Oh and ambulances if it's more than once a year.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 06:44:31 )

@Fai: My dental is mostly covered. I have glasses too and those are covered up to $170. ^^

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 07:23:43 )
@Totalanimefan: My eye doctor is covered, my actual prescription is covered (once a year) and frames are covered up to a certain value. I stopped getting cheap ones cause they're uncomfy and break. Instead I upgraded to Ray Ban's and it's hecka worth it. I don't plan on replacing frames for a while though.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 16:40:24 )

@Fai: Yeah I'm the same, the only thing that's not covered from my eye Dr is the frames, everything else is covered. I like to get nicer frames because they are much better in every sense.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 20:14:23 )
@Totalanimefan: It's seriously worth it.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 20:19:29 )

@Fai: Yeah! I've had some glasses for 3 years ago.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 20:23:35 )
@Totalanimefan: Like you can always change the lenses for not too much money, and just keep the frames you know?

Art by Robyn.
--x--
I'm @supereffective.fireblast on instagram

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.