Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I know you need volts

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:00:41 )

So how was your day guys?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:16:54 )

I'm confused today??

We are hiring at my job. Besides the Boss, I pretty much am on the top. It means a lot of it is handed to me once he selects the resumes he likes.

95% of the people I have called either:
- Did NOT answer.
- Gave a bad phone number, phone off.

I leave a voicemail and . . . no one calls back. For the job they applied for and most likely need? If they leave an email in the resume I write it, too.

I have had one reply to email and it took them over a week. And then they did not show once I set up the interview.

Some people don't show and others come LATE. My dude. That's the first impression of you?! What is wrong with you people?

We hired one person so far. His first day was Monday. HE. CAME. LATE. 45 minutes LATE. Why the Boss did not let him go right then and there . . .

I don't get people. You need work. We call you for what YOU applied for thus would want. Wtf???

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:29:47 )

I don't get that either. I am looking for a job atm and I get rejected everywhere. So to see people pull that shit makes me kinda angry.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:30:01 )
@Lollirot: Sheesh what the heck.
Those type of people make legitimate job hunters look bad.

Me personally, I'm annoyed today.
Ordered an 8-pack of something from amazon, but the seller only sent 2.
Had to call customer service and get a refund.
I'll get my money back, and get to keep the 2-pack,
but it's still really annoying that now I'm missing 6 out of the 8, and I gotta wait 3-5 days to get my money back before I can go get the rest from somewhere else.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:35:33 )

Stuff like that is annoying. Hope you can get the rest soon.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:44:08 )
@Rallaa:
I hate waiting on the mistakes of others. Luckily, Amazon is like 99% likely to take customers side. I'm surprised they didn't also offer you a credit to your account for the hassle!! I often get those, and I never ask.

One of my tasks at work is eCommerce and marketplaces. So, things like eBay and Amazon. We sellers don't get the same 'aware' support team customers do.

They love to do this thing where your ticket sits til like . . . Friday. And then know most places are closed weekends. So they will email Friday asking for more details and you only have 48 hours. So when you get to work Monday they closed your case.

Then you repeat a couple times.

But it's hard to beat what you can find on Amazon.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:45:35 )

@vengeance: Hey! My day was great! It's only Wednesday and I only have one assignment left for the week which i'm saving for tomorrow. I also made $20 bucks last night! I'm starting to help my neighbor every Tuesday night (Monday night for next week cuz she has work on Tuesday), I help her with her 3 parrots, 2 cats, and dog. I also take out the recycle, trash, and help dust and vacuum. It's a fun job lol worth the money and the experience I get. Her animals are all so adorable. Anywhooo, how was your day?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:50:09 )

@RainbowPanda: Great to hear your day was good. And great to hear you earn money. Are you gonne save it for something?

My day was fine.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:55:05 )

@vengeance: I'm gonna save up for sure! If I get $20 every Tuesday for as long as I want to work for her, then I will make $40 this month (only 2 Tuesdays). And then $80 next month ouo but depends on the month because I could earn $100 in one month for only 5 days.
Which meeeeeans I'll have enough money for what i've been saving up for!! A shopping spree at forever 21 xD I NEED new clothes. but also something else

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:56:51 )

@RainbowPanda: A shopping spree is always good XD I am on vacation so I hope to find some cool clothes in Poland again. Even tho I don't need more clothes.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 19:57:57 )

@vengeance: Oh wow Poland?? That's awesome! As you know i'm stuck in school lol
You can never have too many clothes! I'm gonna buy earrings as well and some gifts for friends. Hopefully this all goes as planned

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:00:30 )

@RainbowPanda: I am on vacation in Czech Public. But we are near the border of Poland. Both countries are also cheap so.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:01:19 )

@vengeance: Sounds fun! Cheap is always better :D

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:02:28 )

@RainbowPanda: Yes. But that also means I would buy more XD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:12:20 )

@vengeance: Oh that's very true haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:21:59 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Today was a normal day , which I will take after several days of unfortunate chaos.
I get outta work early today, gonna hit the gym- try not to break something- then probably zone out on minecraft for a bit
with some friends.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/22 20:52:04 )

Good to hear. And playing games is always good.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 06:25:09 )
I had to work last night, but I'm off/kinda on call the next couple of days, so I'm going to try and take it easy. I'm gonna see if I can finish the post-A Realm Reborn content on my current character in FF XIV in that time.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 13:56:26 )
@Elithiya:

We are hiring TIG Welders / Pipe Fitters as well as some General Labor. I guess because it's not an office job they don't take the scheduling as seriously. Sorry 'yall. Your hours are your hours. But the Boss is super giving to people as far as chances. Annoying!
ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs ɴᴀᴏᴍɪ.
ᴅɪsᴄᴏʀᴅ: Naomi Vond#9575

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 09:22:11 )

My day was good. I had off today, so yay!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.