Post actions, BBCode buttons and Previews?!
Ho-boy we have a large update here so I'll be breaking it down in this post.
If you've been wondering why I've been a bit quiet for the last few weeks you now know why!
These updates have changed quite a bit around the forums and site and though we've bug tested some may still linger.
If you find any bugs to do with this update, I urge you to post them over here!
Bugs posted in that thread will be much more visible to me and brought to my attention sooner.
Lets hope you don't come across any though.
Now that the big disclaimer has ended, time to get to the meat and bones of the update.
- Die Rolling!
- You can roll up to 5 sets of die on a single post with unique sides for each.
- You may roll up to a 100 sided die.
- You may roll up to 20 times per unique side of die.
- You will be shown the range of what number you can get total while you're entering in the die roll sides and rolls.
- Random Number Generation
- You can generate a random number between 0 and 2,147,483,647.
- For ranges between 0 - 99,999 an image will be shown. Higher ranges will not show an image (it'd stretch the page too much.)
- How to use post actions
- Due to not wanting to squash everything together, the post actions are not in the quick reply box.
- Instead - we have a brand new "New Reply/Post" page, which will have the post actions.
- You will find them in a drop down select box next to our brand new BBCode Buttons.
- Once you select what post action you would like to use - a box will appear under the smilies on the left. This box will contain all the inputs for the post action - and will be how you control what the post action does!
- Once you trigger an action it is irreversible, this is to prevent cheating/scams.
- The BBCode List has been removed - and instead replaced with shiny new BBCode buttons!
- BBCode buttons will track where you are in the text box so it will insert the BBCode where you were!
- Highlighting something in the box and then pressing a button will either:
- Wrap the BBCode around the highlighted text OR
- Use the highlighted text as the parameter instead of the default parameter.
- Parameters are things such as the color in [color], url in [url], username in [quote] etc..
- Please note that improvements to the BBCode system in general is something I'm still looking into.
- This will not be the final update for BBCodes and any suggestions for improvements will be noted down too!
- You can now preview posts in the new post page, new topic page and edit post page.
- For the quick reply box - pressing preview will take you to the new post page w/ all of your data saved!
- This can also be a handy way to get to the new post page if you're at the bottom of the page.
New Post/Reply Page
- The new post/reply page is dedicated to posting without using quick reply.
- The main way to get to the new reply/post page is through the "New Reply" button at the top of topics.
- The quick reply box will still remain, however new features added to posting will be only put into this new page.
- This is because having a singular page for posting allows more room to add features and previews.
- Using the quick reply preview will bring you here with your message saved, so don't worry about losing it!
View Topic Layout Changes
- To give room for post actions the posts layout has been altered.
- Pray I don't alter it any further.
- Tried to keep to the original look as much as possible.
- Action buttons [Friend, PM, Trade, Ignore] have been moved to the bottom of the avatar.
- Horizontal rule to break up posts slightly better so people don't get confused on which action is whose.
- New Reply Button at the top of the page, limited pagination to 5 pages each side of current.
With that, I've explained the update!
If you have any more questions or concerns please message me or post in feedback.
If you notice any bugs due to this update or with this update, please post them in the thread mentioned earlier.
Seeing anything not working properly? Press CTRL+F5 and try again!