Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk How to deal with a facebook friend

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 18:49:33 )

She is also an ex colleague. When it comes to certain thing she is really negative. And only because she can paint herself as a poor person then. She also feels she is 100% innocent if someone hates her. It is always the other persons fault and never her. She super liked me because I also like cats, same surname and same birthday.

Anyway one her cats died about 2 months back. Really sad of cource. But she said she wreally wanted a new cat. A kitty. Well if you want one I assume you look for adoptable kittens. We have a shelter nearby and I am 99% sure they have enough.

But do you know what she does? Comments on fb posts with adoptable kittens far, far away and how sad it is she cannot adopt them! I've seen atleast 6 posts of her acting all sad she cannot get a kitty. When YES YOU CAN! But she rather complains and act all negative.

Last week I had enough. She commented on a new opened cat cafe at the other country. She said she was sad she lived so far away and even left a teary emoticon. I then replied saying we have a cat cafe nearby with adoptable cats. And guess what? She never replied. No of cource not. Good news is bad for her.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 19:03:32 )
wow. I... i...

See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 19:35:20 )

She sounds really negative... i can't deal with people like that

Questing: click here!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 20:07:03 )
Sounds like she just wants the attention. There is no helping people like that except ignoring them completely.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 21:15:08 )
We'll carry on

How to deal with people like that? Remove as friend.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 21:18:45 )

She lives really close. I always bumb in to her about 3-4 days a week.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 21:49:53 )

@Elithiya: I love kitties as well. She does to because the amount of times she talks about her cat. I've been to her home and she has so much cat stuff in there. Not just for her cat but also lot's of cat figures.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 21:07:04 )
I'ma try to offer alternative perspective.

It would seem to me from this post, something 'more' is going on here that is limiting her from adopting a new cat.
Personally, if I saw a friend post on a cat cafe in another country "Awe I wish I lived nearby :(" I really wouldn't take that
as uber negativity. I seriously doubt she was fishing for a response from the foreign cafe. Not more so than just writing a comment that while
mildly sad in tone, was simply trying to convey how cute it is.

If she wants a new cat, she'll get one and that might not be right for her right now. And that's OK.
A new cat won't necessarily heal the emotional injury from the previous cat either, it takes time.

I'm sure she does many things that are annoying to you, but maybe those in collectively have left you to judge her a bit harshly on
smaller offenses. From this post, she just sounds like a grieving cat lover to me who is watching cute things to enjoy them and isn't ready
to take in a new animal yet.

If she irks you so much, she's your friend as you say...have a talk with her. Let her know that you feel like she's letting the sadness of losing her cat
get too her too much, and promote healthy coping mechanisms...like doing things /other/ than oogle cats.

If she's just a facebook friend you barely know and are just ranting how annoying she is though, that's entirely different. Not sure if you are actually emotionally connected to her or not.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.