Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Alternative relationships

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 16:29:16 )
@Astral Ninja: I'm in a poly relationship with my fiancée, Janna. We are free to date outside just us two or have casual sex with others. People have told us that it wont work. I feel like the biggest key to how successful we've been is having a serious talk in the beginning and laying out ground rules and expectations honestly. We agreed that if say, Janna was dating another guy, let's just use the name John for example. If Janna was dating John as well, but I had a legit concern for her safety or the safety of our kids,I would be able to say that I am not comfortable with him and I'd have to give my reason and she should respect that or leave. Like I said, it has to be legit. I can't just be like, "Well, he's nicer looking than me and I don't like him for it!" There would have to an issue with safety and there would have to a very good reason.

Also, I hate when people ask if we are poly because I'm not pleased with her. No. Its not that. We love each other very much.

Donator — buzzbuzz Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 16:43:21 )
What's your take on polyamory or other forms of non-traditional relationships? Would you ever try it? Is there anything you'd like to know? Have you ever faced prejudice for the way you live or things beyond your control? What's your relationship like, what makes it special to you?

my take on it is, it's a thing, a real thing, I didn't know anything about it until like a few years ago c: I don't think i'd ever try it, being I am i guess what you'd call traditional xD I have dated a girl before, but it was in a odd situation where I didn't know it was a girl, but I still loved them very much. I have two friends who are in poly relationships, so for me to think anything other than happiness for it would be very wrong imo. I am a very open minded person so i mean, if it's not my cup o tea, it might be someone else's ya know? And as long as theyre not harming others, why should I feel some type of way?
I know a lot of people have opinions on this type of stuff, but mine is always "well as long as their happy" c: Because if I'm happy, that's all that matters right?
My relationship currently? or like past ones?
What makes a relationship special to me is just love, all love, I fall in love with the person's mind before I fall in love with the appearance most times , i mean lust is a thing when someone good looking is there, but if I'm in love, it's because that person has made an impact in my life, or has done something that sparked a bigger interest in me c:

Twitch

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 19:47:45 )
While I've been a bit prejudiced in the past about poly relationships, Mainly due to thinking some may use it as an excuse to cheat.
Now it's more of a "If all parties are consenting and no one is getting hurt, What right do I have to say if it's right or wrong."
Personally wouldn't be able to handle it, Since I can be possessive and clingy (As hell >>) and have a lot of other emotions/feelings on the subject lol

Voltie — alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 02:12:33 )
I think poly relationships are great for those who can make it work! :> I'm dating someone long distance and he has a girlfriend, so we're in a kinda weird relationship right now. I don't want to date her, so it's a little confusing. I would be interested in a poly relationship if I could find the right people though! I think whatever makes everyone involved happy is good. People need to stop judging others for things that don't even affect them. <3

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.