Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you handle anger and stress? (Rant)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 22:30:14 )
@Neko: Yeah I get that way too sometimes, but I'm not usually a crier unless the scenario is really bad. I sometimes just lay in bed with the lights off when I'm really depressed.

@Tuijp: Owch that must have hurt a lot. I don't usually punch things for that reason but when you're blinded by anger like that it's hard to think of the consequences before you act XD (Also love the Dumbledore quote!)

@Glume: I would love to have that kind of confidence haha, I'm always worried about what people think unless I'm with my girl or a friend then I tend to be a bit more of a goof. JamJam usually likes to Jam in the privacy of his own home to avoid the judging eyes XD but that's a great strategy to use the anger to fuel greatness.

@Saeyra: Yeah I agree with that 100%, but there's only about 2 or 3 people I usually vent to in those situations because I know that if I talked to anyone else they probably wouldn't care and I don't wanna burden people with my problems. With those people I put on the "Happy acting mask" and just pretend nothing is wrong at all which I'm probably a bit too good at. XD

@Unicorn: Yeah I hope so too, she's been pretty swamped with schoolwork so I'm hopeful we'll be able to figure something out in the next few days.

@Rallaa: That's almost exactly what I find myself doing, especially if I end up upsetting my girl by being upset at a situation and getting more upset because she's upset. Also yeah whenever I try to do something I usually enjoy when I'm like that it barely helps and I just end up thinking about it just as much .

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 01:08:50 )
@JamJam: hopefully she can get um swamped with the school work soon.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 01:50:25 )
@Unicorn: Yeah once this semester is done for her it'll be a lot easier for us to see each other, and much less stress on her shoulders.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 02:01:18 )
@JamJam: well that is great to hear, how long until the semester is over with? Hopefully soon

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 04:01:30 )
@Unicorn: Another month at least, not exactly sure when she said it ends. Been tough but we've been able to manage quite well so far given the circumstances.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 05:07:16 )
@JamJam: is it like an all school round type of year so sorry to ask it is summer here not so sure what type of season it is for all of you

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 05:10:50 )
@Unicorn: No worries, she's in university and there's 4 semesters per year. She's currently working hard on her final semester there hopefully.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 05:13:10 )
@JamJam: Ooh wow that is a lot well I wish her good luck at getting down with this last semester and that you two can hang out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 05:53:51 )
@Unicorn: Yeah agreed, thank you :)

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 09:02:21 )
My shadows the only one that walks beside me

@JamJam: at the rime, I had a lot of stress and was very angry. After I took the anger out on the lamp, I was still stressed and angry, but now also had a painful hand with a nice blue coloured pattern on my hand.
It's my favourite quote of him.

My shallow heart's the only thing thats beating

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 11:53:09 )
@Tuijp: Yeah I totally get that since my knuckle still hurts but it still makes me angry that I couldn't change the situation. At least it's over now and I can try to remember that if it's inevitable that my knuckles don't need to pay for their sins haha.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 11:57:07 )

@JamJam: think of your poor knuckles next time you feel the need to punch something (or punch a pillow)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 12:15:49 )
@Tuijp: That's exactly what my girl (Sulley) said! I just wasn't thinking about how bad it'd hurt I just wanted things to be different.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 13:19:01 )

@JamJam: and isn't there a way?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 13:28:40 )
@Tuijp: I'm really hoping next time I get that angry I won't be as dumb with my fists, but you never know XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 13:55:43 )

@JamJam: I more meant a way to change things xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/2 18:14:02 )
@JamJam: your welcome try to have a great day and night.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.