Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Drowned myself in a pool of sadness

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 03:35:55 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Should I even be sorry for not being active lately?
I'm not even sure if this is already depression im experiencing or im just really really sad and gloomy. Basically, I'm beating myself up. I am the type of person who likes to overthink. What will happen now? Now that things have just gone bad? It wouldn't have happened if im THIS and THAT. Why am I not THIS and THAT? Why is it so hard for me to be THIS and THAT? How come other people are capable of THIS and THAT?? Do I even deserve to think that everything will be okay?? Where can I get this reassurance that everything will be okay?? It's not like I'll believe anyone but myself. Only I can believe myself when I say it's gonna be okay... and right now... I don't know the answer..and that scares me.
Ping to notiiicee!!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 09:57:54 )
You start by lying to yourself, each time those invasive thoughts come into your head make a point to disagree with them, even if you don't fully believe it. Pretty soon, you will start to believe it. Not to long after that, it'll be true.
I used to have invasive thoughts all the time. It takes practice and concentration to keep them at bay, but once you learn how it becomes easier. Meditation helped me learn to keep my mind from running wild with "what if".
Also, if it is depression or anxiety, don't be afraid to try alternate means of healing... those memes that say all you need is a walk in the woods are BS. If you have a doctor that says you need meds, take them. ALSO also, remember to take care of yourself... I always forget when I'm in the sads. Drink lots of water, take a relaxing bath/shower/sit in the steam. Eat a whole meal if you can.
You don't have to know the answers and if you're doing your best, thats good enough for me
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 11:34:18 )
I agree with everything Glume says. If it is interfering with your daily life you should definitely try to see a doctor. They are the best judge to tell you if its normal or if you need some medication.

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 17:59:18 )
@Queen: That is really tough. I would speak to a Dr about it, and I like Glumes advice too.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.