Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [IC] Tuijp & Roshan

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 16:24:14 )

”That isn’t what I meant. I meant that if I had to choose between testing in the final year of school and testing every year I would choose the testing every year.”
Jasmine didn’t know if she was getting her thoughts and point across to the male as it seemed as if he was just misunderstanding what she had been trying to tell him. She sighed slightly, glaring at everyone that came into her view.
She was a rather studious type as good grades meant everything to her parents but that was expected from pure bloods. They had to be the best out of everyone and have good decent jobs and married to wizards/witches preferably to fellow pure bloods.
”Sounds like he just likes to cause trouble for everyone. Though I can’t blame him. The castle food is pretty good.” she chuckled slightly as she tucked a stray piece of hair back behind her ear, keeping her voice low to make sure that no one over heard them. She had to admit that she spotted the owl several times durring their school life and she found him rather amusing. Now that she thought about it, Murray had come to the slytherin table a couple of times and had kept her company when her feline was off chasing mice. She had feed the owl a couple of pieces of meat even if he never stayed long and he rarely hung out at her table. She had spotted Yuki slinking around the dinning hall teasing the other animals and even stealing some food from people.
”Because....I am a slytherin. I have a reputation to uphold.” She handed her things to him so that they could be placed with everyone else’s, giving him a slight smile as she climbed out the carriage, stretching as she hung back. She didn’t want anyone to know about their friendship because she was trying to protect him, not just because she needed to keep up appearances. Fidgeting with the pendent hanging from her neck, she looked worriedly at her new friend before heading inside as slowly as possible to take her seat at the table.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/8 14:26:18 )
We'll carry on

((sorry, I never even saw you replied))
"Oh you mean that," said Matt with a smile, "Yeah I'd still choose only in the final year of school."
He saw several people that he knew, from his house, his year, but also complete random people he had met over the years. He waved at some of them and say to others who were nearby. He knew that some would wonder why he was walking with a girl from Slytherin, but he didn't care what they thought. Especially the people from Gryffindor. Some of them didn't even want to support their housemate because they thought he entered himself. Even if Harry had done that, what would it matter? Matt never knew.
Now, with You-Know-Who being back and the Ministry denying it, he knew that the school would even more divided. The Daily Prophet had attacked both of them all summer, with weird stories, but also lines in other stories to mock them.The people who had parents working for the Ministry or the Daily Prophet would most likely not believe Harry or Dumbledore.

Matt looked down at his owl and grinned. "Yeah he's a troublemaker," he said. His owl loved human company and free easy food even more He hopped around a lot in the great hall and some times even into class rooms. He loved to watch Hagrid take care of the creatures.

When she said she has a reputation to uphold, he simply gave her a nod. When the luggage was with the other trunks, he saw that Jasmine was holding back. He gave her a small wave and walked into the school. He said hello to the professors who were standing at the entrance, even professor Snape. He walked into the Great Hall and saw how the sorting hat was waiting for the new students. He wondered what kind of song the hat would sing this year. It had a new song every year and they were always special.
"Well, that hat has nothing better to do all year then to think of a new song," thought Matt, "Not much else to do when you sit in Dumbledore's office all year long."
He found a place at his house table, between people of his year, and sat down, hoping the meal would start soon.

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 05:12:20 )
@Tuijp: That is fine we were busy with the event anyways. I shall ping you for now on when i reply so that way you know.

In times of old when I was new
And Hogwarts barely started
The founder's of our noble school
Thought never to be parted:
United by a common goal,
They had the self same yearning
To make the worlds best magic school
And pass along their learning.
"Together we will build and teach!"
The four good friends decided
And never did they dream that they
Might some day be divided
For where there such friends anywhere
As Slytherin and Gryffindor?
Unless it was the second pair
Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?
So how could it have gone so wrong?
How could such friendships fail?
Why, I was there and so can tell
The whole sad, sorry tale
Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those
Whoses ancestry is purest."
Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach just those whose
Intelligence is surest."
Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."
Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot,
And treat them just the same."
These differences caused little strife
When they first came to light,
For each of the four founders had
A house in which they might
Take only those they wanted, so,
For instance, Slytherin
Took only pure blood-wizards
Of great cunning, just like him,
And only those of sharpest mind
Were taught by Ravenclaw
While the bravest and the boldest
Went to daring Gryffindor.
Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest,
And taught them all she knew,
Thus the houses and their founders
Retained friendships firm and true.
So Hogwarts worked in harmony
For several happy years,
But then discord crept among us
Feeding on our faults and fears.
The houses that, like pillars four,
Had once held up our school,
Now turned upon each other and,
Divided, sought to rule.
And for a while it seemed the school
Must meet an early end,
What with duelling and with fighting
And the clash of friend on friend
And at last there came a morning
When old Syltherin departed
And though the fighting then died out
He left us quite downhearted.
And never since the founders four
Were whittled down to three
Have the houses been united
As they were once meant to be.
And now the Sorting Hat is here
And you all know the score:
I sort you into houses
Because that is what I'm for.
But this year I'll go further
Listen closely to my song:
Though condemmed I am to split you
Still I worry that it's wrong.
Though I must fulfill my duty
And must quarter every year
Still I wonder whether sorting
May not bring the end I fear
Oh, know the perils, read the signs,
The warning history shows,
For our Hogwarts is in danger
From external, deadly foes
And we must unite inside her
Or we'll crumble from within
I have told you, I have warned you ...
Let the sorting begin.

Jasmine finally made it into the great hall, taking one of the few available seats that was still open, a slight smile crossing her face when she realized that she was sitting across from Matt. She gave the male a small wave before turning her attention to the front of that hall, the sorting hat was brought out and waiting, soon the first years were being lead in. The hall fell silent as they awaited for the song that was sure to come. This year it seemed far longer then the rest, Slytherins glanced at each other as a silent agreement had passed among most of them.
Jasmine knew the warning would be ignored, their school and houses were already divided even if it was not spoken about or noticed as of yet. She had noticed that most of the Slytherins stuck to their house, cutting ties with a few of their friends at other houses as well. She turned her attention from the front to the empty plate in front of her, picking at imaginary dust while her mind wandered. She remembered when she was sorted into slytherin, it wasn't as quick as when Draco Malfoy was sorted or as long as when Harry potter was. No, she knew what house she was going to sorted into, she just had a slight discussion with the Hat as it debated on putting her in a different house for a bit before ultimately deciding on her current house.
Soon Dumbledore was standing to make his speech before the feast only to be interrupted by the brightly pink lady whom was from the ministry of magic. A lot of them were not happy as they knew what it meant. This year was going to be completely different as now the minister's eyes were within the school and anything could be seem or reported which meant those death eaters that were already there need to be careful and keep on the down low until they needed to reveal them selves.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 13:33:54 )
We'll carry on

Matt was sitting between 2 of his friends. They were talking about their holidays and what they had done during the summer. One of his friends had visited family in Ireland while the other had gone to France with his parents for a short holiday. Both of their parents had heard what Dumbledore had said and they had read the stories in the Daily Prophet. Like him, they had discussions with their parents if it would be safe for them to return to school.
They didn't have much time to discuss it more, because the first years started to walk in. Matt noticed someone from another table wave at him. He looked up, he saw it had been Jasmine. He smiled and waved back at her.

McGonagall was standing in front of the great hall, next to the sorting hat. It was singing a song again, but, this time, it was longer than it had been other years. Matt only listened to half of it. He was looking at the new students and thought of his first day at Hogwarts. He had been looking forward to it for years, ever since his oldest brother came back from his first year.
He had been nervous for the sorting ceremony. Not because of what house he would get in, but because his brother had told him they were going to give him a very hard test to get sorted. The sorting hat also sang a song that year and, by the time, it was done and the first few people got sorted, Matt saw it wasn't all that scary.

The sorting was done and Dumbledore started his speech. Just like the sorting hat, I wasn't all that cheerful. Half way through the speech, a short woman, dressed in pink, stood up and started to have her own little speech. People at the Ravenclaw table had looked at each other, eye brows raised, wondering what she thought she was doing. From her speech they gathered she was of the ministry and they were keeping an eye on what was going on at Hogwarts.
Soon after Dumbledore was done, the food popped up on the tables. Most first years looked at it with big eyes and were all surprised. Matt and the people around him, on the other hand, weren't surprised and just started to eat. They were hungry and the meal was very welcome.

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 18:15:43 )

@Tuijp: sorry this took so long Sir Tui oh and your mermaid avi reminds me of the mermaid from the puss in boots show in Netflix. Lol.

It wasn’t long before the meal was over, the evening passed with mostly quiet conversations as the grimness of the year before still weighed down on everyone’s mind and the negative possibilities of the year still to come and what it meant having Professor Umbridge there to monitor their movements. The dark skinned female turned her attention towards her fellow housemates, deciding to engage in the small insignificant drivel of their lives and how they spent their summers. A lot of her housemates had spent their summers traveling and being coached as well by their parents while others stayed home and spent time with family.
Soon everyone started leaving, heading to their dorm room while she hung back and watched everyone leave, her eyes always trailing back towards Max before she too stood up to make her way through the cold dungeon corridors into the Slytherin common room.
Questing: !

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.