Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach Vyc's Volleyball Tournament [LET'S CELEBRATE!]

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:47:31 )

@Shark: oh I wish I knew that you neede it I could have helped out

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:48:25 )
I probably have a bunch of doubles of stuff now lol

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:50:28 )
@Snakeweaver: It's like how kids will see a shadow in their room at night and think it's a monster. Our imaginations aren't quite so active as we get older, but similar things still happen from time to time. We're wired to fear the unknown.

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:50:40 )

@SnakeWeaver: yes from what I understand

@Shark: I am sure there are some charities you could give them too

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:53:20 )
yeah maybe o:

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:53:23 )
@Theory: No, I think its weird because I've never experienced it. Photophobia may make light hurt, but it also helps in seeing in the dark better. I've literally never experienced any of those things XD I can only imagine it due to certain kids cartoons having used fear of the dark so often~
@Roshan: Then I might get them after all o-o That's so awesome.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:56:33 )
@Snakeweaver: Well, it's a trope for a reason, haha. But that's interesting! My only experience with light being painful is from migraines, so it's hard to imagine living with that on a daily basis. Is it just the pain, or is it also more difficult for you to see in the light?

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 20:56:34 )

@SnakeWeaver: yep and I am always willing to help as I spend my shells on the items as well lol

Lol. Well it is a thought other than selling it

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:01:43 )
@Theory: It was harder to see when I was a small kid, I also had times where I would pass out with my eyes open^^; The pain never lessoned, but seeing in the light became easier as I got older. It is always harder to focus with a certain amount of light around though, thinking becomes slower, headaches are common enough that it's easy to ignore. How is it like to not see stuff in the dark?
@Roshan: Did you already get all the items? o-o

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:12:12 )
@Snakeweaver: Details are just less clear in the dark. I can see basic shapes, but I can't really make out colors, and everything is a little fuzzier, almost like static.

Sounds like it took some getting used to, but still, that must be pretty difficult for you. There are flashlights to help people see in the dark, but I don't know what you do when you have the opposite problem. Wear sunglasses all the time? :/
Sean, 25, they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:14:16 )
hello guyses
had a nice afternoon with friends today

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:16:13 )

@SnakeWeaver: yep I have them all already according to the list out that is. Lol.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:20:00 )
Mushroom, cucumber, carrot, and romaine lettuce salad with dinner tonight. Lots of vegetable chopping and peeling. phew

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:22:02 )
@Theory: Sunglasses can only block one kind of light, two at most. For this reason, sunglasses can help, but it's only so helpful. It's not that much harder, everything just takes longer, thinking can be harder, but it's still possible. What makes it hard though is how people react to ones photophobia. By eyes are always narrowed due to the strain the light causes, but nearly everyone in the street looks at me like the next serial killer, even when i'm in a very awesome mood XD I'll admit, sometimes the looks can be a bit of a downer, but its normally easy to ignore. It was harder when I was a kid though, as I didn't know what photophobia was and many assumed my narrowed eyes was a bad attitude that I inherited from... being part blackfoot, because part native american equals bad temper? This was also in a time were victim blaming was a lot more common though and I was picked on a lot. I think the only time when I was growing up that I voiced my light issue at school was to a counselor during something I was put in that was like group therapy? But she said that it 'didn't exist' and I just had 'bad social skills'. She even tried to use my eyes narrowing less as 'evidence' without stopping to think that... i was putting myself in greater pain because I was so used to having to do it, because I hated how people looked at me, that I wanted to be normal. Sooo... the dark is a lot like an old fuzzy TV for you?
@mdom: Hiii there XD
@Roshan: That's pretty amazing o-o
@Rallaa: That still sounds pretty delicious~

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:26:24 )
Hello, Snakeweaver!

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:26:49 )
@SnakeWeaver: I'm trying to appreciate vegetables more.
Used to be I would *at all* eat cucumber or raw tomato. These days, I can appreciate them to an extent.
Like, now I totally realize why people make BLTs. I use to just be like 'ew I don't want tomato on my sandwich'
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:28:07 )

@SnakeWeaver: thank you I worked really hard on trying to get them all.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:40:03 )
@mdom: How are you?
@Rallaa: You.. used to not like tomato and cucumber? o-o; Well, to each their own? I'm glad you are into tomatoes more these days though~
@Roshan: I could imagine o-o Getting even 100 sea shells can take awhile~
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:42:09 )
I'm ok... shocked this doesn't have more pages xDDD
what about you?

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 21:45:35 )

@SnakeWeaver: yea but it will take no time now that the shell count you can get went up a bit. Lol.

15 more pages to go!! Call everyone you know to this here place!
Questing: !

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.