Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Please lock

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 11:47:02 )
Hes been to the vet several times over the last month or two. First it was suspected acute kidney failure, then they ran tests and decided it was a really bad urinary tract infection and gave him antibiotics. He finished that course and I had them do more tests to make sure he was in the clear, which he wasn't, so he got a second round.
He finished those a week ago and has suddenly gone downhill again. No energy, not eating, just sleeping. Hes now curled up at the end of my bed wrapped in one of my jackets and a blanket because he was cold. I cant get him to a vet either because my country is stupid and vets arent open on weekends. I just dont know what to do right now..

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 11:50:08 )
I'm so sorry . It's so awful when your loving pets are going through rough times. Is there any animal emergency place available? Our vets are closed but we have like urgent Care at animal hospitals around. :vanora_cry:

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 12:11:12 )
@artits: I think there may be one on the other side of town and they charge at least 3x more than normal. I've already spent $500 in two or 3 weeks on vet Bill's, I'd have to get a loan to afford more ;-;

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 12:12:31 )

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 17:16:40 )
@nyx: some of them will let you pay it off in payments. I hope your little man is okay :(

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 03:35:33 )
@Schye: ours uses a finance company who will no longer cover me because I'm unemployed, despite me being with them for several years and unemployment not being an issue before. I'm at the vet with him now, found one that's open Saturdays. With his condition they'll have to keep him in overnight at least. I've applied online for a loan to cover whatever it costs so I'll hear back from that on Monday.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 04:40:52 )
@nyx: oh no :( I'm sorry to hear that. Did they change ownership?
I hope all is well

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 09:18:58 )
@Schye: No idea tbh. Policy change was what I was told.
Hes in overnight getting rehydrated and stuff to see if he improves. If he does, they can run tests and work out exactly what's wrong. If not, then theres no hope and I'll be laying a complaint cause I saw the first vet who suspected kidney failure, then next appt I saw a different vet who waived off the previous vets diagnosis and said it was just a urinary tract infection. So with him in this condition when it couldve been prevented.. I'm a bit pissed off

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 17:22:27 )
@nyx: I don't blame you. I'd be furious.
Crossing my fingers for your little guy
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 21:18:14 )
@Schye: he didnt improve, went downhill. Hes high on pain drugs though so isn't feeling anything.
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.