Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I, um... Already seem to have a new bf.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 03:57:23 )
... I wanna say don't ask, but I'm posting a topic about it, so... Yeah...

We'd been hanging out a lot recently [even before my breakup]. We're coworkers; him on third shift (usually a boxtruck driver, sometimes a semi for linehauls), me on first (office, CSR). He'd usually guard my desk at night while he ate lunch, which I appreciated as shit kept being stolen before that. When management asked if it bugged me to have people eat at my desk, I'd specifically named him as the exception as he actually wipes my desk down after and made sure people stopped messing with my shit. We share a lot of tastes in common (didn't know how much until recently).

I didn't really hang out with people a lot before the breakup. He was the first for a while. I'd already LONG been debating breaking up with the bf, but I couldn't get myself to do it. I didn't want to have 'the talk' to confirm I meant nothing to him, even if we were moving apart.

Being around others who don't call my interests stupid. Who actually enjoys the same media - books, shows, movies, music! Who doesn't refer to a night of watching something together or me hanging around (reading) as they do their own stuff as pointless and worthless. But they didn't want to bring me into what they were doing or do things together.

Getting off track. If you can't tell, I got over this by the second/third day after the breakup. Realizing how much I was being put down. All kinds of crap.

... Coworker & I who've been hanging around a lot. Things kinda... Transitioned quick.

The moment I was single, he definitely got more flirty. Our whole fucking office has been shipping us for a while, apparently. Got a lot of comments from hanging out together.

I can't go into full detail on here for many reasons. Let's just say flirting transitioned to tickling at one point (we were both drunk and it was hilarious to see him flop around), transitioned slightly to cuddling during movies, hugs... Lots of talk of personal lives.

This shit moved quick. I can't even go down the line at how this transitioned and it being able to be posted without breaking the rules - the flirting got out of hand. We'd already had the 'I'm not sure I'm ready for anything' talk. Me, because of recent breakup, him from a breakup longer ago, but still fucked him up a bit.

That went out the window.

Stuff happened recently (sober and not), with us still hanging out as normal. Him letting on he may be interested in more of an actual relationship type (we weren't one-nights, FWB didn't fit it, etc).

I PET A FUCKING STINGRAY YESTERDAY. :'D

And we had the talk today. What do we actually want from each other. What is the other okay with? What are any caveats to deal with (for me; I don't want to date if this is some kind of short term fling. I want someone who could see them with me long term).

WELL. Seems we had the same idea for that.

jd;kfj;sdf

OUR COWORKERS ARE GONNA GIVE BOTH OF US SO MUCH SHIT. They already diiiiiiiid.

Tell me I'm not a ho. ಠ_ಠ While I joke about ho'ing it up, I don't do rebounds or one night stands. I've spent the last while confused af. But we have so many similar interests/tastes, chemistry, ideals... Blarg.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS. D<

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 04:11:22 )

Jesi Says:

It sounds like you have both talked about this a lot with each other, which is really important. It also seems like y'all respect each other and your boundaries and stuff. So as long as you keep the open communication, I'm sure everything will work out fine :> and LOL you're not a ho :P I'm a ho, so I can say that with 100% confidence

Art by LittleWhiteDragonlet

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 04:23:34 )
He really is shockingly easy to talk to. We have so much we agree on, and he's so open about stuff if I ask. During me writing this, we've agreed (over text, as he works 3rd shift tonight and I work in the morning) to be open with our coworkers if they ask.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 04:27:07 )

It sounds like even if this did move quickly in your eyes that it was the right choice. Idk, sounds like you two fit together nicely.
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 04:45:06 )
Giiiiiirl. You don't even know.

He refers to me as his 'dream girl'.

He literally had a dream about me before I started working there (over a year ago). Nothing specific, just meeting me (and I'm his type, so that helped). He was confused af because I started there two weeks later. Had apparently been bugging him for a while.
Also Pixel on Solia.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 09:30:02 )
I'm happy for you! It seems like you're starting off the right way. Open communication of expectations is a big deal, and you got that out of the way already. *thumbs up*
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 15:20:13 )

I’m happy for you. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 20:11:49 )
There's no need to feel like getting over a toxic relationship quickly. Be happy with what you've stumbled across with your new beau. Even if it might seem fast, I imagine your heart wasn't really in the last relationship by the end. People are always gonna talk but your business is yours and yours alone so let em hate!

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 20:12:27 )
There's no need to feel like a ho* jeez. apparently i cant english.

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.