Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My finger tip hurts really bad

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 04:23:56 )
I hit three of my fingers on two pieces of metal hard while starting my lawn mower. My other two fingers are fine now but if I put any slight pressure on the top of my pointer finger it has a terrible sharp pain in it.

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 04:27:05 )
Oh I've been there. Also when the tip of your finger gets really hot for some reason???? Yeah it's literally the worst especially when you type at home and at work as much as I do.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 04:34:10 )
Ouch that sure hurts a lot. Have you tried applying a cold compress in it? Also, take an over the counter pain killer to ease the pain.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 05:41:42 )
@rheostatic: it’s been doing that and if I use it too much it will go numb and swell a little.

@Fielkun: yeah I have. This happened like a week ago and it still hurts like a son of a gun

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 05:44:52 )
@butterfly: Maybe you should consider consulting a doctor now if that's the case. It's better safe than sorry :)
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 11:48:31 )
Yeah I would definitely suggest asking a professional. A week seems like a long time to be hurting for what you did BUT I'm no professional and I wasn't there when you got injured so... I just hope you're ok!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 12:50:23 )

From someone who has been there (okay, it was a big, heavy tile in my case), you should go see a doctor. Being in pain for a week is not good and there can be a number of things wrong with it.

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 14:41:50 )
@butterfly: Sounds vaguely like you smacked a nerve, but the swelling is worrisome. Especially if it's been lasting for a bit of time.
call me rheo
(please don't capitalise it)

sail with me into the dark

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 15:33:22 )
I would be worried about nerve damage too :o I hope you can see a professional soon :)
In the meantime, have you tried a deep cold balm?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 15:56:04 )
@Fielkun: I would but it would cost me a fortune and it could end up just being bruised. I’d hate to pay $60 for someone to tell me my finger is bruised.

@Glume: I mean I did whack them pretty hard.... ima give it a little more time.

@sunny: oh like tiger balm? I have some of that!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 15:57:47 )
@butterfly: yeah that's the stuff I meant :) I think either the white or red might help!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 16:00:23 )
@Tuijp: the weirdest part right now is you can look at my finger and not know that there’s anything wrong with it. It looks completely normal and just hurts.

@sunny: I have some of the red strength kind. I’ll use it today.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 16:11:52 )

@butterfly: so was my finger, but I did have a hairline fracture

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 16:13:09 )
@Tuijp: that’s what i thought too for my finger, the way the pain is. Ugh. Stupid hands and lack of medical insurance

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 16:39:29 )

@butterfly: still advice you to go to a doctor. He can find out what is and help you get better.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 22:31:35 )
Oh man, that's odd.
Are you sure something didn't stab it?
Or maybe you just hit a nerve ending.
Either way, ouch.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.