Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries What are you working on? (motivate me!)

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:56:35 )
I'd love to see whatever you guys are working on right now. I need some motivation to keep going on my piece aha.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:20:17 )
oops, i suppose i should post what im working on too lol

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:22:54 )
ooh that looks like it's gonna be cool. o:

I'm thinking of drawing a 3rd piece of fanart of this one guy. xD;

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:26:10 )
@Shark: ooo what guy?

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:39:38 )
Does coding count? Cause currently this, though I ran into a few major snags with the code so I'm gonna have start over lol.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:45:16 )
@rheostatic: unfortunately all i see is this on the page, which im guessing is one of the snags?
https://puu.sh/Af3El/7237d49c08.png

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:50:27 )
@nyx:

Yup, the code busted despite three hours of attempts to get it to work (along with the hover code to make pretty boxes not working over the icon in the lower right corner). However--I looked back over the tutorial, realised the OP of the tutorial made a based code and plugged that in another page to check and THAT worked so... back to square one. Something must be wrong with my base format, I've been away from Tumblr coding for too long it seems.

For reference, I'm attempted to do something similar to this theme here but in a single contained box.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:52:14 )
@rheostatic: ohhhh that sounds pretty cool! i never really understood coding so anyone that can work with it is impressive lol

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:55:13 )
@nyx:

Aww, thanks! Code can be daunting when you start (programming is even harder, my bro is into that), but it's kind of one of those artistic skills that anyone can learn with enough time and patience. You don't need as much innate talent, ya feel? That's why I enjoy doing it, I can create without being frustrated over my mediocre drawing skills.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:57:22 )
@rheostatic: i am not good with remembering things, so i'd be constantly looking up everything every second just to write one line :vanora_xd:

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:00:42 )
@nyx:

Oh, trust me, I still do a lot of looking up. You should see the amount of tabs I have open when I code. Whew lad.

The basic things will come in time though like, proper formatting and stuff! Even here on voltra they have a lot of Css stuff you can mess around with! I was considering making a small guide so people could edit the basics a bit easier, but I'm not THAT adept (plus I think their codes allow a bit too much editing to the bod of the page which could break very easily for nub coders).
call me rheo
(please don't capitalise it)

sail with me into the dark

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:08:52 )
@nyx: cary fukunaga :) I just started drawing it haha.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:18:47 )

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:31:39 )
@rheostatic: oh god, i tried that sort of thing once on uh.. either solia or saph, and i broke my profile :vanora_xd:

@Shark: i have no idea who that is, im so sorry lol

@okios: thats looking good so far!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:42:01 )
@nyx: thx, likewise!

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:55:09 )
@okios: oh danke danke
i dont know where im going with it tbh

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 06:41:08 )
@nyx: all i know is that the single profile line on the outermost edge is soo satisfying

and nothing wrong w experimenting with it on a different layer

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 06:44:52 )
@okios: which one is that?

and yeah im gonna do that, maybe try doing the whole "coloring without lines" thing
ohgodthisisgonnafail
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 07:16:25 )
@nyx: imagine riding a bike downhill starting from the forehead, and as the wheels go down, it traces that line.

you got thissss
or at least good practice with it!

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 07:17:12 )
@nyx: Your sketch is really solid! I don't think you will fail. I have much faith in you! :vanora_smile: I am so excited to see it when its done!

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.