Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing OOC: keef look over here!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 05:28:13 )
So. Here's what I've got so far in terms of ideas.

Small town in the middle of nowhere replaced by aliens.
The town is in a desert, the aliens don't seem to mind the heat too much, but it leaves the dead bodies kinda smelly. Some of them worse than others.

Main characters unknown for now...

The townsfolk featuring:
Patsy the creepily enthusiastic general store owner: "Hi there stranger, so happy you came by! Stocks are a little low right now, but come back Tuesday and I'll have what you're looking for. Until then, how about some potato chips?" Patsy points at a box of metal bottle openers with a wide grin on her face.

the Sheriff: "You youngsters stay out of trouble now." The Sheriff is keeping a close watch for any sign of disorder around town.

Karen the stressed out single mom and her baby Ronnie: "Something's wrong with my little Ronnie! He seems sick!" Ronnie stares out the window vacantly and gurgles at intervals. "Sssh, hush, Ronnie." Karen bounces her baby up and down.

Mr. Brown the grumpy retired school teacher: "Back in my day, all we had to play with were some sticks. Now get off my sand!" He waves his cane threateningly.
And Mrs. Brown: "Come back inside, asshole! You'll get heatstroke!"

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 05:45:29 )
@keef: Any thoughts so far?
Don't want to get too extensive without you.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 18:19:06 )
@Eruca: I like this a lot! And the characters you've already come up with are great! Are you thinking all the townsfolk have been replaced already, or are there some that are still human (like is Karen thinking her kid is sick because he's an alien and she's a human, or is she just an alien who's terrible at being a parent? Consider: Our heroes think Ronnie is still human and so they try to rescue him because he's a kid, but he turns out to be a very intelligent alien who tries to kill them after they think they're safe).

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 18:46:42 )
@keef: I think Karen was originally pretty clueless, so the alien that replaced her is just emulating that, however badly. As for Ronnie, well... Aliens don't really know how human babies behave. lol So Perfect for a botched child rescue! Love that actually! Maybe alien Ronnie's Actually alien Karen's baby, so alien Karen and alien Ronnie have extra motivation to go after our human protagonists (apart from being extreme alt-space alien supremacists).

I'm thinking Mr. Brown is actually human who is working for the aliens because they "brought his wife back from the dead". Maybe we should have human townsfolk who's in the middle of being replaced too so they can have memory issues and what not. Maybe some tinfoil hat paranoid conspiracy theorist who tries to escape the evil aliens' clutches but ultimately fails.

And then of course there are the aliens who try to assume the identities of our main characters - maybe that's for later.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 05:58:37 )
I love it! Sorry I'm so drained on ideas, I feel like I'm not contributing much. And also sorry for not being on, I'm starting a new job and my activity level might drop to every other day or so. If that's too slow for you I understand, sorry!

Do you have ideas for your character yet? I have a vague one I think but I need to think on it

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 04:17:15 )
@keef: Not a problem! Does that mean you got the job at that spice company???

I don't Really have a good idea for my character yet. I'll have to think about more. lol.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 09:08:10 )
@Eruca: No just at a grocery store but that’s okay. Better for my resume anyway.

I can picture a kinda gangly dork that I want to play but idk anything about his personality yet. Which sucks because usually i’m on fire with character creation!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 15:50:23 )
@keef: Oh! How's that going?

When I read gangly dork, I literally thought of a spider fern....

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 23:46:18 )
@Eruca: The hiring staff was really friendly and nice and I start training on Friday, so we'll see :)

Whelp, now I think I'll name him Fern and give him a spider obsession ahahahaaaa. That kinda works.
How do you like to handle character descriptions? Anime or real images, or text descriptions? I can work with anything.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 18:34:25 )
@keef: Ooh exciting! Hope things go well.

LOL Glad that... helped?

Text only description will do! I enjoy looking at pictures other people come up with, but searching for them doesn't make me very happy.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 22:19:22 )
@Eruca: Okay yeah I feel good about that. Well I guess we should figure out characters and maybe flesh out the town. Do you wanna ball and do a map for the town? Nothing complicated, just like boxes with labels. Might help when things get going.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 23:22:32 )
@keef: Yeah good suggestion! I'd enjoy making a map. c: Funny I never thought of it even though I already started mentally making one. Hahaha!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:04:13 )
Ahaha well if you already have an idea then go for it! I’m gonna be thinking on my character.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/13 04:08:39 )
Alright!! I just got a ton of work dropped on me so idk when I'm gonna materialize everything. But it'll happen!
Cute demon bear bird avatar! :D

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/13 17:37:46 )
@Eruca: thanks, I’m real pleased with it. And no worries, take your time. God knows I’m busy as all heck right now anyway.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/13 19:41:27 )
@keef: same. T.T
How was first day training btw?

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:27:12 )
@keef: It's been a month I finally made a shitty ugly town map!

Scuse the typo on cemetery. Will fix.
Free free to edit/add/suggest stuff.

Oh! i forgot to put the school in the town... You can decide where it goes. lol

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/25 18:16:03 )
@Eruca: Hey! Sorry I’ve been gone 200 years, things have been pretty rough. I like the look of your map and I’ll try and have a real look at it when I’ve got time. Are you still interested in rping with me being gone so much?
previously keef with a k

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/5 20:15:17 )
@keef: Don't worry about it, I'm sure you have enough on your plate! I was also away for the last few weeks, so it looks like it'll be two busy people RPing, you know, whenever.

Glad to hear from you though!
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.