Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Where are my trans?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 17:56:57 )
Any other trans people on this site?
I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be having a gender related freakout and wouldn't mind talking to some people in the same boat lol.
And it's just good to know anyway. Least I think it is.
Hi.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:04:50 )

I'm not on that boat, I'm on the tranship
I had an appointment with the hormone doc today and another for one of the surgeries next week. How far are you?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:07:21 )
I am in the process of budgeting dollars for an initial hormone appointment because I don't think my insurance will cover it, and being jealous of a childhood friend who hit his 1 month on T mark today, ahahaha. I'm moving states in about 3 months and I would love to be partially transitioning by then so I can just be me from the start, you know?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:13:13 )

The insurance covers almost everything here. It's always weird when I hear how other people don't have insurance that doesn't cover it.
When you do go on T, do keep in mind that your body doesn't just change overnight. It's a progress that takes a while.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:01:51 )
Yeah, I've been trying to keep my expectations for T realistic. It helps watching my friend transition in real time so I can have an accurate idea of it.

I *think* my insurance might cover part of it, but I'm not sure. I need to call the clinic and find out. Hoping to use my tax refund to get started.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:04:13 )
I've been on T for more than 5 years. You can talk to me if you feel like it. :P

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:17:48 )

@keef: I hope for you that they will
@Shark: did you had any of the operations?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:21:45 )
nah.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:25:48 )
@Shark: Man that's so cool, congrats on five years.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:30:56 )
It's a real pain in the ass. I'm gonna ask if I can switch to a gel or something. I'm so sick of needles.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:39:33 )
I plan to start with needles and see how it goes. I've got OCD and with the gel I worry about it, like, I don't know.... like it not "going in" properly or in the right amount? I understand that of course it's tested and works for a lot of people, but I worry I'd get really fidgety and anxious about it.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:40:42 )
And yeah I imagine the novelty of injecting yourself every week or two ears off pretty quickly. When I was first looking into things, I thought you just went and got a few T injections until you looked the way you wanted to look and then you stopped and ta-da! You're transitioned! I didn't realize it was a lifelong medication. Ah, youth.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:43:45 )

I'm not allowed to do the needles. They make the hormones liquid with peanut oil here and I'm allergic to peanuts.
I had the chest surgery in december, reached 2 years on T beginning of March this year and have the, let's say, belly operation next week.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:45:40 )
@Tuijp: Hey, that's so awesome about the surgeries! Weird about the peanut oil, I never even thought of that. That's good to know.
previously keef with a k

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:46:14 )
if only it were that easy. sometimes I just want to quit it all and be like.. fuck it, why do I need to do this to prove I'm a man?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:52:06 )

The first operation was painful. Like my ribs were all bruised.
I didn't know about it either until the doc told me. She told me I could get the injections because of that.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:58:04 )
eh I don't know about that.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 20:05:22 )
Small caveat, Don't disown your family and so on if they don't "believe" it.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 01:45:40 )

@Jazz: I'll argue that it depends on the situation really. My friend was at risk of losing the place they were staying at. Despite knowing their mom didn't recognize that he was now a she, my friend called their mom up to BEG for a place to stay until things got settled. The mom said they could stay with her, IF "you go back to acting like the male you are" Now I'm sorry, but that is beyond messed up :/

She obviously wasn't going to do that, ended up finally getting things settled to where her place was secure, but..still...it was a really messed up situation and I do not blame her one bit for pretty much officially 'disowning' her mother after that.

|

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 04:54:57 )
Wow this conversation seriously got off the tracks.

I didn't know you keep needing the injections (I didn't know anything, cough). That sucks ass. Can you ever stop, like, Eventually?
Also, does it make you Feel different? Like, as a person?
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.